Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 02-09-17, 21:56   #11611
b.gluch

Does anyone know why issue #25 is not included in the Vol. 2 Tomb Raider Archives, it's weird, it has 16 to 24 and 26 to 34
b.gluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 23:14   #11612
Rai

I think I remember something about #25 being some kind of special issue, a crossover, maybe, and they couldn't get permission to add it or something along those lines. I could be wildly wrong, but I vaguely remember it being mentioned.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-17, 23:32   #11613
jajay119

It was a crossover with hell blade.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 00:03   #11614
Mikky

Witchblade, not hell blade lol

Shame, because it's one of my favourite issues.

Lara also transforms into this, which is incredibly awesome.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-17, 21:20   #11615
Patrick star

Need a TR4 remake !

TR1 got its official one , TR2 and TR3 are having fan remakes currently under development and I feel like it's only TR4 left alone in the shadows . This is the most underrated game of the classics . Literally , 95% of classic-themed fan projects are based on either the original trilogy or AOD and it's becoming tiresome , I deeply appreciate the current HD remaster of TR4 that's being cooked but I simply want more recognition to that game dammit !

Sorry for this midnight rant

Last edited by Patrick star; 05-09-17 at 21:22.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 02:41   #11616
SunDormant

^I completely agree! TR4. Remake. ASAP
SunDormant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 06:52   #11617
b.gluch

Was reorganizing my room, finally gave my comics a proper display instead of keeping them in a box in my closet.

Here's my tiny collection, it pretty much all fits on a single shelf

b.gluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 12:41   #11618
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
This is the most underrated game of the classics .
I agree. I loved the change in pace and the ever smoother gameplay and graphics, it really was an improvement on the previous games.

I think people were just getting bored by the time TR4 came out, because they were saying "oh the gameplay is exactly the same!".

Sometimes I hate that argument tbh, because I think there's a selective outrage with it. FIFA can release basically exactly the same game 20 times with an updated line-up of football players, and so many current-gen games play very similar to eachother too and nobody cares. When Tomb Raider does it though? Oh no, we're bored of the "repetitivenes!". Which is it?

Last edited by Rai; 06-09-17 at 12:52. Reason: Oversized GIF removed. There's a 500kb limit.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 12:48   #11619
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I agree. I loved the change in pace and the ever smoother gameplay and graphics, it really was an improvement on the previous games.

I think people were just getting bored by the time TR4 came out, because they were saying "oh the gameplay is exactly the same!".

Sometimes I hate that argument tbh, because I think there's a selective outrage with it. FIFA can release basically exactly the same game 20 times with an updated line-up of football players, and so many current-gen games play very similar to eachother too and nobody cares. When Tomb Raider does it though? Oh no, we're bored of the "repetitivenes!". Which is it?
It comes down to it...there is a difference between sports, ego shooter or racing games and other games.

TR4 had the problem to come out in a time where moving forward was a lot more important, the gaming scene evolved extremely fast at the time...Tomb Raider didnt follow that trend.
The game is good for what it is, but it fell behind a fast moving industry.

Yeah, i dont really get why people want games to invent the wheel new in every sequel etc...like seen with Assassins Creed.
But i understand wanting to see a game evolve and add new mechanics, bring in some change...you can always expand and evolve something.
Its better to move forward than to stand still.

Last edited by Rai; 06-09-17 at 12:53. Reason: GIF removed from quote
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-17, 12:57   #11620
Yeauxleaux

I understand what you're saying I guess. I do also see problems with the way the classic games were basically rushed out year after year. Some of them could have been so much more if they'd had more time in production (AoD in particular but not exclusively).

That said, I do feel like the classic games did have some advancement if you look at the gameplay mechanics. By the time we got to TRLR and TRC, there were quite a lot of new things Lara could do that she couldn't do in TR1. Going back and playing TR1 again after playing chronicles, it does feel so bare bones in terms of gameplay. Over the five games we got crouching, flares, monkey swinging, rope swinging, pole swinging, rolling in water and mid air, sprinting, dozens of new weapons. The gameplay overall got faster and smoother, the graphics did improve somewhat (even if the improvements were mostly just making Lara look more and more like a blow up doll). I do think it's unfair the way some people act like there was literally nothing that changed or improved in them.

I understand the criticism AoD gets. It was 2003 and a whole new game system. By that point there was no excuse whatsoever for Lara to still be on that very much so 90s gameplay mechanics.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote