Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > New Member Introductions, Birthdays and Congratulations

Old 19-07-21, 11:57   #1
Celephais

Default My 14th Anniversary

It's been 14 years.....since this post and my last post. I used to visit this site a fair bit in 2005/ 2006 but got distracted by real life concerns. In the past few days I have been replaying Tomb Raiders 1-5 so it just seemed natural to visit the forums again (despite having completely forgotten my password!) Looking at my profile I was a little shocked to see that my last post was in December 2006

I haven't seen too many of the older members around, but then that's only to be expected. It's a nice nostalgic twinge to see TRF again and it didn't take me long to get the hang of the layout.

Well if there's one good thing about waiting over a decade between playings of the Tomb Raider games, I've forgotten so much about them it's almost like I'm playing them again for the first time!
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-21, 12:28   #2
tlr online
Tomb Raider Forums

Welcome back Celephais.
tlr online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-21, 15:42   #3
Greenapple968

I can't say I recognise your name. But there again, I didn't join until 2011. Welcome back to the forum.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-21, 15:48   #4
Cat Woman

Yes, welcome back. I’m sure you see some changes during your absence. It has changed for me too from what I first remember. Originally, I only logged on to get assistance in the game I was playing. Would certainly have many more posts if I had interacted more back then, but I was new to the different areas of the forum. I do enjoy reading all the different posts now. Hope you don’t wait another 14 years.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-21, 19:56   #5
Celephais

Thanks. I can't remember what I was like in this forum back then, but I remember doing some photoshopped pics, mostly of Tomb Raider, for a laugh and a way of passing some time. And I was not too bad at the song hangman game! Although in retrospect I suppose the hangman game was an annoying form of spam for the mods

It's mostly the moderators I remember off the top of my head. Neteru, Nicky, Elen, Drewey, Scottlee etc. Although if I saw other older members avatars, I might remember them. I hope they're well, wherever they are.

I'm not likely to be a regular again, but already I've found some useful stuff here, for example the TR2 randomizer.

Anyway thanks for the nostalgia, now I've got 5 Tomb Raider games to complete...and yes I will probably need to use a walkthrough.....
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-21, 17:22   #6
Greenapple968

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celephais View Post
It's mostly the moderators I remember off the top of my head. Neteru, Nicky, Elen, Drewey, Scottlee etc.
I don't believe that these people are moderators anymore. I remember some of those names though.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-21, 06:26   #7
tomblover

Welcome back! Always heartening to see someone from "my era" of TRF making a comeback, granted, I don't think we've ever interacted.

Last edited by tomblover; 22-07-21 at 06:27.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-21, 12:18   #8
HecticBartoli

Welcome back!
HecticBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-21, 01:00   #9
Frceghst8

@ Celephais: Greetings and welcome back, nice to see old guard come back, even though I wasn't here in 2006. Whatcha think of an idea to send Lara off to Greece to find Perseus's shield or the finger bones of Saturn/ Chronos?

By the way, I dig the Sylvester the cat avatar.

Last edited by Frceghst8; 12-08-21 at 01:04.
Frceghst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-21, 16:16   #10
Cat Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frceghst8 View Post
@ Celephais:

By the way, I dig the Sylvester the cat avatar.
Yes, neat photo of Sylvester. But then, I’m partial to cats.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote