www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 17-10-19, 19:12   #1551
TRExpertgamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
Are you doing this on purpose?! What’s 100% right?
From everything what I said.

Last edited by TRExpertgamer; 17-10-19 at 19:25.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 19:22   #1552
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRExpertgamer View Post
From everything what I said.
What does ‘from everything what I said’ even mean in this context? You clearly replied ‘That’s right’ to a meme that was mocking you... Anyway, I’m not going to drag this...

@Samz: Interesting! Good find! If I recall correctly, if you use the dart gun on the Cabal mercenaries in the Galleries Under Siege level, they wake up after some time. Probably related...
Old 17-10-19, 19:26   #1553
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
What does ‘from everything what I said’ even mean in this context? You clearly replied ‘That’s right’ to a meme that was mocking you... Anyway, I’m not going to drag this...

@Samz: Interesting! Good find! If I recall correctly, if you use the dart gun on the Cabal mercenaries in the Galleries Under Siege level, they wake up after some time. Probably related...
Yep, same if you use cheats to bring it into the Strahov fortress level.

On a some-what related note, curiously the Mag Vega sound effect is actually loaded in on Louvre Galleries, not the draw sound, just the firing sound, which is weird since you normally cannot have it by this point in the game, while the dart gun actually doesn't have it's firing sound in this level.
Old 17-10-19, 19:29   #1554
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

^
Maybe they were planning an all-weapons cheat like the Classics, which they never got to complete?
Old 17-10-19, 19:31   #1555
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
^
Maybe they were planning an all-weapons cheat like the Classics, which they never got to complete?
No idea.

Most weapons don't have their sounds loaded where you can't normally get them anyway.

Though the Vector sound effect is loaded before you can get any ammo for it aswell. (I think in the rooftops level.)
Old 17-10-19, 19:33   #1556
TRExpertgamer

Quote:
Eidos have screwed everything up from Core Design being over-ambitious to develop the rest of the AOD trilogy right after the critical backlash of AOD. That's why Eidos had no choice but to take the production of the Tomb Raider franchise away from Core Design's hands and to give it to Crystal Dynamics from 2004 as it all relates into the very beginning of this period as we're in right now as we're in the 8th period. That's why I've posted those links into some of the previous pages.
TRExpertgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 19:42   #1557
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
No idea.

Most weapons don't have their sounds loaded where you can't normally get them anyway.

Though the Vector sound effect is loaded before you can get any ammo for it aswell. (I think in the rooftops level.)
This may sound random, but while we’re talking about weapons: the shotgun’s pick-up place is feels so late into the game that we can’t even use it. Or maybe the timing of the pick-up is right but we never get to use it becoz of Kurtis’ absurd and annoying actions... It’s feel like the shotgun never got the love it deserved in this game, unlike the Classics... Well, even the duals weren’t done justice... >.<

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 17-10-19 at 19:46. Reason: NVM >.<
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 19:55   #1558
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
This may sound random, but while we’re talking about weapons: the shotgun’s pick-up place is feels so late into the game that we can’t even use it. Or maybe the timing of the pick-up is right but we never get to use it becoz of Kurtis’ absurd and annoying actions... It’s feel like the shotgun never got the love it deserved in this game, unlike the Classics... Well, even the duals weren’t done justice... >.<
The duals work fine..too bad you can't get them legitmately.

I'd chalk a large amount of it due to the game being rushed, I seriously doubt Core intended for us to never get it again, more so considering that there were 2 more cut locations.

Plus the Shotgun was clearly ment to be loaded 1 shell at a time (Like a Call of Duty game) but since reloading was clearly a low-priority thing, what should be 6 shells from a pick-up become 36 total ammo. (since only one ammo is deducted when reloading.)

And even then, the shotgun is found in a manatadory strength upgrade...yet the boss fight with Obscura has another one even though its impossible to miss the first one.

Plus its alternate ammo never shows up in-game and if I recall, it only actually fires one bullet instead of a spread of shot.

The shotgun was very clearly unfinished, shame as it's name and apperance was cool.
Old 17-10-19, 20:20   #1559
dg1995
Student

They should have removed stealth, talking with npcs and second playable character and saved those ideas for the sequels.

It kinda feels like they just wanted to add those ideas to follow some trends that MGS 2,Shenmue and Resident Evil made.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-19, 20:29   #1560
Joey79100
Professor

They wanted to get away from Tomb Raider so it makes sense. I don't think they should have removed all that, but maybe its just personal preference talking here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Almost every other line by the guards is I think said in French so its odd this one line is actually said in Englishl.
CheshireBitch is French, and what he meant was that the line is actual French, not English with a French accent. And being French myself I can confirm this as well.
By the way I don't even recall any fake French in AOD, except for NPCs. Guards are speaking actual French. Well, except in Le Serpent Rouge, where they put Czech lines for the guards, which is probably just accidental.
Joey79100 is online now   Reply With Quote