Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 04-12-18, 04:12   #21
Princess_Paige
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Lara is consantly moving, bows aren't just something you carry, neither are climbing axes. I prefer Lara to carry light. It's visually appealing than having her carry several different weapons. What's the point in having an iconic weapon if you're just gonna stack the other ones on top.
I’d say keep the axes, ditch the bow. Her axes have become pretty iconic at this point, not to mention there’s a lot of potential in what they could be used for
Princess_Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 04:23   #22
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
I’d say keep the axes, ditch the bow. Her axes have become pretty iconic at this point, not to mention there’s a lot of potential in what they could be used for
Then where do you put the pistols?
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 04:36   #23
Princess_Paige
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Then where do you put the pistols?
In her holsters, the axes can hang from her belt.
Princess_Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 10:26   #24
Yeauxleaux

Lara.

- More convoluted/complex levels that promote exploration (not necessarily open-world, just less linear and straight-forward)
- More variety of enemies, but still not too much combat overall
- Lara.
- More variety in puzzles. I love the Reboot era's physics-based puzzles and I want them to stay, but I actually do miss fetch quests, fight me.
- Actual humour even if the overall tone is dark
- Less is more with secrets and collectibles, and actually hide them.
- Lara.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 04-12-18 at 10:29.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 12:27   #25
Chamayoo

As for me :

I demand more things to return than things to get rid.

- Vehicles
- Boss fights (Crystal should know they were good with them !)
- Searching objects. I support Yeauleaux about fetch quests, I found them fun and with a mix with physic based puzzles, it's a win for everyone
- Hidden collectibles, it's not fun when everything is on the path
- Varied platforming settings. Vines, ropes, pipes, beams, fences, etc... She should climb everything with a lot of varied ways thanks to her rich moveset. I love when Lara has an impressive moveset.
- Globetrotting
- Varied enemies. 1/3 animals, 1/3 surnaturals 1/3 humans = perfection
- Complex level design. I admit I'm tired of hubs and linear paths with nothing to do except walk and pick up collectibles

Now things could be new for Tomb Raider :

- Proper and elaborate melee fights. Why not some bladed weapons to pick up on your way ?
- If hubs would return, completed rooms/tombs in a different order

Things I would get rid :

- Forced gameplay
- Family plot
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 14:17   #26
jackraider
Inactive

Could care less about a new TR at this point. More interested in fan projects at the moment. However, I'd express interest in a LC Go -like spinoff game.

For me TR needs to get rooted back to the classic style, but the fanbase / developers are so split on this, it's hard to say.

I hope for more fan projects and I hope to get more involved myself.

Last edited by jackraider; 04-12-18 at 14:19.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 15:04   #27
laracroftonline

I want costumes that go a bit back to the classic times like catsuits, or aod style clothing.
maybe a few urban areas.
her duals back
humor, sass and wittyness should be back
lara should get a hair makeover i hardly know girls that have hair like lara had in the past 3 games. lara her body is fine just minor tweaks in her face and hair and it would look great.
and i would love to play in her home, that seriously has been missing they could build in that your can earn skills/moves each time you visit her home by reading books, doing excerize in her gym shooting course to unlock her duals. have some photoalbums to look at or create your own with the pictures you make in game.
laracroftonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 15:27   #28
JuditePrince12

I really think Croft Manor should be the only hub in the next game. The idea of it being a home base would be so fun. It'll play like Agent 47's home base/chapel in Hitman 2.
Old 04-12-18, 21:01   #29
Grimaldi

This will probably come across as more of a wish list than absolutes, but here we go:

When it comes to Lara, I definitely want them to put aside her guilt complex and explore her being an unashamed inconvenience for a change. We’ve had 3 games of her feeling guilty, it can take the wind out of our sails a bit when we just want to have fun being Lara but she’s so burdened and remorseful. For the next adventure, let’s see a Lara that’s practically on holiday, just carefree and relaxed.

Manageable inventory. I think it’d be cool to return to collecting items to progress - keys, lever handles, obscure artefacts, etc. - but having the additional puzzle of having to work around limited space. I’m not sure what could act as the TR equivalent of an item box (campfire?) or if it’d need one, but even if management isn’t a thing, collecting key items again would be nice and could inspire more intricate level design.

I actually think the hubs can return to a more level-like format now. I loved them while we had them (unless your name is Paititi ), but the sections of Shadow where you actually did something, like tackling the Belly of the Serpent and Cenote, held a lot more weight than just open space. One or two would still be okay, but I don’t think there should be a huge focus in it, rather it’s used for branching paths.

Keep Brian Oliveira as composer. His work was amazing.

Omit the skill tree and crafting. While they are staples of the origins trilogy, both felt redundant by Shadow and shouldn’t have a place in future games now that Lara’s fully done baking imo. Gaining new equipment which unlocks new abilities is okay though.

No more organisations, at least for awhile.

The return of classic iconography. A backpack (the one she had in Cozumel was great!), braid and duals would be really cool.

Several different countries. No snow.

Finally, a fully realised Croft Manor. Let’s go back to level design just for fun, silly little things for the developers to put in (a book on a shelf turning out a fire is the start to unlocking the underground aquarium).
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-18, 22:50   #30
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
In her holsters, the axes can hang from her belt.
That would look funny to me. Having the axes overshadowing and hanging over the pistols isn't a good design choice.