www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 13-02-19, 11:46   #51
paulojr_mam
Archaeologist

This is a nice tribute to Lara. I just think the color of this Ashe's hair is a bit bland. The rest is okay, although overdone as is the style of Overwatch, but the hair having the same color of the eye would look better imo (and more Lara-like).
paulojr_mam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-19, 13:22   #52
Emix
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
This is a nice tribute to Lara. I just think the color of this Ashe's hair is a bit bland. The rest is okay, although overdone as is the style of Overwatch, but the hair having the same color of the eye would look better imo (and more Lara-like).
There is also this version of the skin in the game, "Jungle": https://i.imgur.com/CkQXjZP.jpg
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-19, 22:48   #53
Kapu
Professor

Default @ op

Nah, I disagree. I wouldn't mind slightly more colorful outfits, but this look is too stylized and caricature-esque for my liking. Classic Lara had caricature like proportions, certainly, but her outfits were usually pretty simple. Reboot Lara has a good thing going with the practical outfits. Her default tank top outfits in the last three games have all been nicely reminiscent of the classic outfit (blue top, brown bottom) and they look good on her.

It would be nice to see shorts return, though, even if pants are more ideal for what Lara does (prevents your legs from getting scraped up and keeps the bugs off your bare skin). But we could use a little variation from the indigenous-peoples outfits of the last two games. They don't have to be booty shorts like the classic ones, either, something more along the lines of 16 year old Lara of old would be good enough.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-19, 14:13   #54
Pyro99
Archaeologist

I Would Prefer Not To
Ashe's design is so unoriginal, and this outfit is just way too outdated for a franchise that's trying to move forward.