www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old Yesterday, 21:37   #14171
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

That should have been the poster for the film.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:39   #14172
TrustyBow
Archaeologist

Such a good poster. Really wish this was the main one.

Man, that poster just makes me mad that we didn't get to see her use her axe more in the movie. It'd have been cool if she had brought it with her on the island in the first place.
Old Yesterday, 22:29   #14173
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Such a good poster. Really wish this was the main one.

Man, that poster just makes me mad that we didn't get to see her use her axe more in the movie. It'd have been cool if she had brought it with her on the island in the first place.
I liked how they handled weapons, they have been very realistic.
The bow is used just for five minutes but it was given a bit of backstory, which was cool.
They did great with the axes (I mean, why would have she brought climbing axes on her trip to a japanese island?), it's true that they were roughly used, but that moment (final fight and escaping the tomb) created a great climax; definetetly an highlight from the movie.

About Angelina.... I know it's almost impossible but a cameo would be amazing.
But I don't think she should play Lara's mother or any other character; if the sequel had a plot inspired by Shadow and Lara finds an artifact capable of "reshaping the world" and which temts her with visions of the past/future; it would be awesome if Angelina played an older Lara in something like a 20 seconds vision.
(Just to make an example; it would be something similar to Rebecca Romijn's cameo in X-Men: First Class where she appeared for five seconds playing and older version of Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique. If she had played another character, even Mystique's mother, te cameo wouldn't have been so great).

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; Yesterday at 22:35.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 22:58   #14174
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I liked how they handled weapons, they have been very realistic.
The bow is used just for five minutes but it was given a bit of backstory, which was cool.
They did great with the axes (I mean, why would have she brought climbing axes on her trip to a japanese island?), it's true that they were roughly used, but that moment (final fight and escaping the tomb) created a great climax; definetetly an highlight from the movie.

About Angelina.... I know it's almost impossible but a cameo would be amazing.
But I don't think she should play Lara's mother or any other character; if the sequel had a plot inspired by Shadow and Lara finds an artifact capable of "reshaping the world" and which temts her with visions of the past/future; it would be awesome if Angelina played an older Lara in something like a 20 seconds vision.
(Just to make an example; it would be something similar to Rebecca Romijn's cameo in X-Men: First Class where she appeared for five seconds playing and older version of Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique. If she had played another character, even Mystique's mother, te cameo wouldn't have been so great).
That's also a very good idea for an Angelina cameo
Old Yesterday, 23:13   #14175
Ellioft
Archaeologist

Not my cup of tea besides she looks nothing like Alicia so if it's for wasting some money on Angelina face to look like Alicia no thanks.

Last edited by Ellioft; Today at 01:39.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:31   #14176
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
Not my cup of tea besides she looks nothing like Alicia so if it's for wasting some money on Angelina face to look like Alicia no thanks.
I agree.
Old Today, 08:31   #14177
Ellioft
Archaeologist

I have watched the movie again and there's a lot of moments when Alicia's acting is stellar at some moment she converge a lot with her facial expression like when she finish to listen the tape on the boat she looks like she said "I'm tired of hearing his nonsence" or when she grabs her fathers arm in the cave after her climbing. There's a lot her caracter express without actually speaking.

Also I agree with the more realistic approch to the weapons, in real life you can't carry a bow like Lara does in the game or having infinite arrows.

Same with the machine gun in the tomb Lara want's to grab her when it's on the floor (there an insert Lara's face/weapon). In the game it's a piece of cake to have a weapon even when there's a fire shooting around you (like in Rise of the Tomb Raider when you take the machine gun) but here it's not even possible.

The pickaxe, no magical crafting it's a soldier weapon use to open the tomb.

Every weapons she have on the movie it's her decision to have it she take the bow,she take the pickaxe, she buy the duals. On the game the ultimate bow is given by Jonah,the ultimate pickaxe by Roth even the duals are not necessary her weapons but the one from Roth.

Last edited by Ellioft; Today at 08:56.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote