Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 08-07-24, 13:34   #31
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessThunder View Post
Hopefully, everything will improve by release date.
I think its already set in stone. Unfortunately I do not have much excitement for this project. The artstyle is...a choice and learning that this wont have anything to do with the unification and is just a sequel to Shadow of the TR leaves me feeling really "meh" about all of it.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-24, 06:12   #32
Flame_Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Xmas] View Post
No disrespect, but that's just wishful thinking.

Everything we've seen: Lara wearing sneakers with those fugly dresses, the other costumes looking extremely boring and drab, as well as Lara's body lacking any hint of shapeliness and voluptuousness... it's all done, complete, and it was already implemented. This isn't like the Sonic live-action movie situation where the sheer gravity of the ensuing fan backlash prompted them to spend thousands/millions of dollars on getting it right. It's very clear this is their vision and this is the art direction that they're fully committing to and sticking with.

My wishful thinking, at this point, is no longer about the visuals being improved -- I just want the writing and Lara's characterization to be good, so it overrides the fact she doesn't resemble herself.
In my opinion, this anime is similar to the comics from the reboot era, mainly filler elements that have no impact on the story even if you haven't read them. The only thing that matters is the ending of the story, and I think they will reveal the "unified" direction at the end.

Last edited by Flame_Knights; 09-07-24 at 06:13.
Flame_Knights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-24, 15:52   #33
Darkon

Let me guess, the show ends with Lara saying "I'm not going home" and TR12 starts with her at home.
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-24, 16:48   #34
Flame_Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
Let me guess, the show ends with Lara saying "I'm not going home" and TR12 starts with her at home.
Great! I love Croft manor or Lara's home in every game.
Flame_Knights is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-24, 18:09   #35
Darkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Knights View Post
Great! I love Croft manor or Lara's home in every game.
Hmm I wonder what unified Croft Manor will look like I want the race track from the classics one and the pool and gardens from the LAU one
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-24, 18:01   #36
Tommy123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkon View Post
It will probably end with her reaching out to pick up her dual pistols for the first time. The scene is backed up by a huge orchestra suite to set the tone as the iconic moment is finally here. But...just as her fingers are about to touch the pistols she looks out the window as Jonah trips on a rock and falls. Lara yells "JONAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and jumps out the window to save him. Then the screen goes black and "THE LEGEND OF THE SURVIVOR BEGINS" displays on the screen followed by credits.

Last edited by Tommy123; 11-07-24 at 18:02.
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-24, 23:41   #37
larafan25

Maybe all of these spin-offs are making the classic attire more plausible in the artists eye...
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:33   #38
[Xmas]

It's all just so silly. One video game/film/cartoon centered around Lara's "origin" would've sufficed, there was absolutely no need to base the entire series around the premise the main protagonist is becoming the main protagonist. This isn't Dragon Ball, and Lara isn't Goku. Lara Croft had been established for nearly two decades when Crystal rebooted the franchise for the second time. I don't like this premise and I think it's gotten so stale and boring. I hope someone somewhere has an awakening and just creates a story where Lara is already Lara.
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote