Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 31-01-20, 02:23   #21
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvolt View Post
Errr, we did start some private servers with that patch to provide players with content only to be shut down by Blizzard and such . Sorry for derailing the topic
No you’re fine. I think this thread just snapped my brain in half and now everything is making me annoyed. Sorry lol
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 02:24   #22
Calvolt

Haha you're good . Yeah negativity can change people's moods quite suddenly indeed
Calvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 03:05   #23
Nerdy

Well opinions are opinions. Some of you like the new games cool for you. But its not Tomb Raider but more like Cash raider (before yall get so butthurt about it. I know Core wanted money like each company obviously) but these games look mainstream imo. Instead sticking to the original source. They choose to do wat sells most. I dont know who is fully responsible about it. U dont like this OP? Deal with it. Why waste your energy

Everyone can like puzzles, archealogical things etc. Doesnt make you a character whos well known for that obviously. OG Lara was like chocolate cake. But instead of the cake. We got an dusty cake thats to chemical haha.

They should bring classic Lara or actually the only Lara most people know back with this new technology. That would be awesome. But Crystal want to make their own game and got stuck with Tomb Raider. Idk how the game industry works. We can only see from the outside.

And to be honest. I saw this coming since TR Legend. I thought it wouldnt get worse.

I do like the ost of those games though. And why are you guys so sensitive. Each time I enter a thread. People complaining about the thread instead of talking about it. And some people trying to be “sassy” sorry but I think its cringy. Well I contradicted myself now.

And if people like reboot. Good for them. But we still have the classics and fanmade levels. Idk if the classic Lara will return. Lets be a little optimistic okay? To me there is no classic Lara. But only Lara with 3 iterations. 1 was like 6 games consistent same character. And the other ones... like experiments.

Bye bye.

Last edited by Nerdy; 31-01-20 at 03:33.
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 03:12   #24
Costel

I am not telling anyone what to do and you should too.

But me saying that Isn't me telling you what to do by telling you you should not tell others what to do ?

I think I confused myself .
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 03:41   #25
iWANEX
Golden

"Why you should be too"? What is this, a cult now?

I think it all comes down to having a fixed mindset in the end. People who are like this will settle for anything as long as it's A, B and C. They will love it too if it's C, B, A. But they'll start complaining if all of the sudden they get A, B, C, D (LAU). Or B, C, D, E (Reboot).

And that's a very big problem because you are not able to let the franchise grow, evolve and try new things that may or may not work for TR, but are necessary in order to stay relevant (I mean, one person here said that photo mode shouldn't be in a TR game!!!).

I understand some people's frustrations with the current state of the franchise. I have my fair share of complaints (mainly the inclusion of more classic stuff. I like the way the reboot games are but I'm sure they would've been 2,000 times better with just 2 tiny things: dual pistols, and classic/cool outfits instead of tribal ones), but I have a growth mindset and I know NOTHING stay the same way forever. So therefore, I'm able to find different aspects about the games appealing to me. I don't think I can say one TR game is PERFECT. None of them are, but they all have something. They are special and will be cherished for many years, at least by me. But instead of always looking at the past like some people do here (some of you are very very VERY blind when it comes to the classics), I'm always eager to see what happens next. The classic era ended and it was a blast. LAU ended and it was a blast, and the Reboot trilogy has ended and it's been a blast too. And I can't wait to see what happens next. If it's a continuation of the reboot trilogy but evolved, then cool! I'd love that. If it's a completely new era with a more classic-esque approach, then cool too! I'd love to play that as well.

I feel like it's important to find the positive aspects of the things you love and be open to criticisms. I mean, at least that's better than blindly cherishing something you grew up with while not being able to enjoy what it has become and making threads ranting about it and telling people not to enjoy it because you're miserable these days.

Oh, and someone said this already but I completely agree. You guys should stop playing the games if you're sooooo against them and against what they've done to Lara. And those of you who have no problem being hired by CD to promote their games, while also trashing them later on because they've "ruined" TR should do the same.

Vote with your wallets.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 03:49   #26
EchoTR

They started the reboot series when the classic series had gone stale, both in terms of sales and of gameplay.
It doesn`t matter who liked it and who didn`t, it had to be done at the time.
I am not sure, in terms of sales I think it was mildly successful. Either way, it stopped the franchise from drifting into irrelevance.

And that`s reason for optimism to me ... they did it once, they can do it again.
Imo the reboot series already overstayed it`s welcome, it`s getting stale again.
Sales seem to reflect that (11M > 7M > 4.2M)
(source: https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Tomb_Raider)

So who`s to say CD aren`t aware they have to change things up again?
Of course noone can tell which direction that may go.

-
One thing I personally dislike on game forums in recent years is the trend to go all "They don`t care about the game, they don`t care about the fans, they don`t care about the franchise".
Yes they do care. They have their money in it, they spend years working on it, they go through crunchtime for it.
Devs can`t meet everyones taste. They can make mistakes, they can screw up. But the idea of them not caring is just silly imo, no matter if it`s CD, Ubi or whoever.
EchoTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 06:45   #27
TR1249

Some people really need the attention and it shows with this poor excuse of a thread, idc
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 07:00   #28
thabani33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis666 View Post
Tomb Raider has always........
snip
Don't go. In the next game she'll become the tomb raider she was destined to be
thabani33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 07:01   #29
charmedangelin

What I find funny is how people are complaining about negativity, yet they are acting the most negative right now.

I agree with Kurtis alot and the franchise is not in a good place for the fanbase right now.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 07:22   #30
Fantasy

Er don’t tell me what to do

Last edited by Rai; 31-01-20 at 21:02. Reason: emoji removed as the message is clearly meant to be offensive/profanity
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote