Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 22-02-20, 17:18   #31
fallenangle

The shooting from above is, of course, an option BUT the wolves don't play fair. Even if you hang and get them excited by her shadow by the time she climbs back up and is in the very small area where she can positioned to shoot down most of the wolves will be running around underneath where she is now standing, completely out of her line of sight.

If you can lock on to one often it will never run into her line of fire again. You could be there for hours.

Going up the ramps yes, that's what I tried to do initially and succeeded but all it takes to do damage to LC is one wolf touch her and when she drops into the room the chances of avoiding that are small.

Because of the height she doesn't land on her feet standing, she lands crouched. That slight delay standing back up and jumping away from the attacking wolves untouched is the difficulty.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 12:34   #32
Eycore

I had a setup for it, but even then you can still get screwed over if the wolves are too quick. I can't remember it from the top of my head, it has been a while since I attempted glitchless no damage. I think it's always going to be a reset point unfortunately :/
Eycore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-23, 14:45   #33
xtimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eycore View Post
Just a little update, we have found that no damage is possible in other games too.

• Unfinished Business (with glitches if collecting all secrets)
  • Tomb Raider 2 (on mobile)
    - With roll you can glide in the air, and drop into the pool at the start of Wreck of the Maria Doria
  • Golden Mask (without glitches)
  • Tomb Raider 3 (New Game +)
    - Can skip south pacific in NG+, and there are glitches to avoid the forced damage in Temple Ruins and RX Tech Mines
  • Lost Artefact (without glitches)
Astonishing result for TR3. Even if South Pacific is skipped, there're still 3 annoying damages in the any%, glitched, no-scratch play.
(1) Temple Ruins, the drop from mud route back to the central room where the first statue is.
(2) Caves of Kaliya, the drop to the dark pit full of snakes.
(3) RX-Tech Mines, the drop to the top of the deep cliff in the middle mine car route.
How did you do all those?
xtimz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-23, 16:55   #34
fallenangle

Those TR3 unavoidable damage places are, AFAIK just that. There's also the other drop in the RX Tech Mines just after the start of the place where you stop the mine cart and there's a flame thrower guy dealing with a mutant.

There's an ice slide then hang drop to a snow/ice mound - even if you land on the highest part you still get damage. I do not remember there being a solution for that.
Old 30-01-23, 23:02   #35
laravision

Those aforementioned areas are possible (using glitches).

Damage sustained from the Temple Ruins drop can be avoided with a QWOP in which the quicksand animation teleports Lara down. The drop in RX-Tech can be bypassed by essentially doing part of the level backwards, again, by use of a QWOP and also a flicker. In caves of Kaliya, you can use the swan dive bug to reach the bottom of the pit without taking the forced damage.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9CQyGUnuNYQfoB
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-23, 02:23   #36
xtimz

^ Thanks, I'll study those.
Old 31-01-23, 16:53   #37
fallenangle

Yes thanks, interesting/useful info ^^.
Old 11-02-23, 14:17   #38
xtimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Those aforementioned areas are possible (using glitches).

Damage sustained from the Temple Ruins drop can be avoided with a QWOP in which the quicksand animation teleports Lara down. The drop in RX-Tech can be bypassed by essentially doing part of the level backwards, again, by use of a QWOP and also a flicker. In caves of Kaliya, you can use the swan dive bug to reach the bottom of the pit without taking the forced damage.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...9CQyGUnuNYQfoB
Hi, I have a question. The author in this post is Eycore, while the author in youtube is icetea_gamer. Are they the same person? If I want to give credit, which one should I use? Thanks.
Old 11-02-23, 17:16   #39
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtimz View Post
Hi, I have a question. The author in this post is Eycore, while the author in youtube is icetea_gamer. Are they the same person? If I want to give credit, which one should I use? Thanks.
They are not the same person. Currently, Eycore is not active, but they've found many setups over the last 5 years. More recently, Icetea_gamer has become the resident setup guru.

I cannot remember who found what. Sometimes it is a combination of people working together trying to find and optimize different strategies. However, I do believe that is was Eycore who found the Temple Ruins QWOP setup (video currently unavailable), while Icetea_gamer constructed the RX-Tech QWOP and flicker.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-23, 07:16   #40
xtimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
They are not the same person. Currently, Eycore is not active, but they've found many setups over the last 5 years. More recently, Icetea_gamer has become the resident setup guru.

I cannot remember who found what. Sometimes it is a combination of people working together trying to find and optimize different strategies. However, I do believe that is was Eycore who found the Temple Ruins QWOP setup (video currently unavailable), while Icetea_gamer constructed the RX-Tech QWOP and flicker.
I see. Thanks.