Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 08-10-20, 13:08   #1
angeljs

Default Fog for individual rooms

I've been looking at ways to enable fog in individual rooms. I found this code that enables it for the entire level:
Code:
ForceVolumetricFX= DISABLED
Fog= 255,255,255
FogRange= -20, 10
But none of the fog settings for each room seem to work, what am I doing wrong?
angeljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 13:31   #2
SSJ6Wolf

That code is for distance fog. You can use distance fog or fog bulbs in your level, but not both. If you want fog bulbs then change DISABLED to ENABLED. There is a catch. I haven’t used fog bulbs much myself but I believe the fog bulbs can only use one color at a time, and that you need to use flipeffects to toggle between fog colors.

Edit: reading your post again maybe you simply want to change the distance fog color as Lara travels between rooms. This can be done with a flipeffect trigger. Like fog bulbs, distance fog can only be one color at a time.

Last edited by SSJ6Wolf; 08-10-20 at 13:33.
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 14:11   #3
Krystian

Distance fog is rendered globally, there is no way to enable it for a single room.
Fog bulbs, on the other hand, allow you to apply fog locally, controlling the intensity and radius of the effect. Like SSJ6Wolf already mentioned, you can't have multicolored fog, there is only one color which the fog bulbs can have at a time. You can, however, change the fog color to one of preset* fog colors via an old-type flipeffect.

And using only distance fog or fog bulbs is partially true. You can't use both at the same time. But it is possible to switch between the two options in the same level, by using NG flipeffects. Enabling distance fog disables fog bulbs, and vice-versa.

*TREP/FLEP allows you to change the preset fog color palettes to anything you want, though
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-20, 14:37   #4
angeljs

Hmm, yes, I am starting to understand. However, I'm having problems with what to actually add to the fog bulb itself as no fog shows when I use one.
Old 08-10-20, 14:50   #5
Krystian

You need to enable Volumetric FX to have fog bulbs in your level. This script:
Code:
ForceVolumetricFX= DISABLED
Effectively disables volumetric effects (fog bulbs), regardless of the setup options of the game (you get this by holding CTRL before the game launches). So remove that from the script and it should make the fog bulbs show
Old 08-10-20, 17:53   #6
angeljs

I've tried it with and without the script additions, still nothing
Old 08-10-20, 20:34   #7
Krystian

Make sure you have volumetric effects actually enabled in the game setup. You must have it checked for fog bulbs to be visible:

Old 09-10-20, 11:39   #8
angeljs

Yes, I have that setting checked. I've tried the fog bulb with and without a trigger, I've tried every other suggestion I can find, but the fog still won't show.