Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 18-09-18, 20:57   #1
Caesum

Default It's fine

In response to tlr_online's thread (which he closed for some reason so I couldn't see any other way to respond to that) it's fine if you're not on Discord, don't worry about it. You could try it though because it's really fun and way more approachable than these old school forums.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 21:09   #2
Zreen001

I wonder what the context of him saying that is.
Is there someone impersonating him on Discord?
Zreen001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-18, 21:12   #3
klona
Golden

^ Yeah, someone told me an account with the name of tlr online sent him a message on discord.

Why would anybody do something so pointless? I don't get it.
klona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 13:35   #4
TombRaiderTim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
In response to tlr_online's thread (which he closed for some reason so I couldn't see any other way to respond to that) it's fine if you're not on Discord, don't worry about it. You could try it though because it's really fun and way more approachable than these old school forums.
I use Discord but for TRLE I honestly prefer these forums much more so, if you need to find a certain thing, you know which thread and category to head towards but when it comes to Discord, a lot of the time its one or two worded sentences which consists mostly of spam and the audience it attracts most of the time are immature trolls and they just wade off topic very fast but on these forums, people are mature and abide by rules which makes it a very friendly community and can keep on track on what they want to discuss or preview so I am unsure if anyone else agrees with what I am saying since its a personal opinion but for what everyone shares here, these "old school" forums have a much stronger bond between people.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 13:23   #5
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiderTim View Post
it attracts most of the time are immature trolls and they just wade off topic very fast.
Funny how this accurately describes certain parts of the forums.

I think it's nice to have live help and feedback in a trle discord server. Last night we managed to help a member improve an animation over several iterations with active feedback from members within minutes. On a forum such thing would take days.

I think the TRLE section in the forums should have a chatbox.
Old 24-09-18, 15:21   #6
DJ Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
Last night we managed to help a member improve an animation over several iterations with active feedback from members within minutes. On a forum such thing would take days.
^ This. It's like a TR meeting without a TR meeting.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 18:12   #7
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by klona View Post
Last night we managed to help a member improve an animation over several iterations with active feedback from members within minutes. On a forum such thing would take days.
This I can agree with.

But once the conversation is done, it is nearly impossible to find it again when someone needs it later on. The whole conversation woud have to start again.
You don't have a database with information where you can easily search for the information.
And that's a part I like about a forum, well, at least a forum where such info is posted somewhere that is. If not, tutorial sites are good.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 18:38   #8
Baratheon

@Titak:

I know Discord has a search function this detailed, and I never lose anything of importance. Not to mention you can pin messages to look back at later.

Baratheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 18:39   #9
klona
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
This I can agree with.

But once the conversation is done, it is nearly impossible to find it again when someone needs it later on. The whole conversation woud have to start again.
You don't have a database with information where you can easily search for the information.
And that's a part I like about a forum, well, at least a forum where such info is posted somewhere that is. If not, tutorial sites are good.
There is a search engine:

And you don't have to wait 30 seconds between each search.

However, I think forums have better organization.
Old 24-09-18, 19:22   #10
Titak

Ah, didn't notice that option.
My mistake there.

On the other hand, if a conversation goes nicely I like readign solutions on discord, but once the spammign starts, and that happens often, I don't want to have to read through all that...
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote