www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 26-07-07, 17:45   #1
Inkheart
Archaeologist

Post Making an openable door

Hi, I want to make a door for my level and a key and lock that will open it. I know how to make the door, key and lock (good old Meta) and how to import them into the wad. My concern is - where do I go from there? I assume I'll probably need to use the Animation Editor in Wadmerger, but could someone please give me some hints and/or post a relevant tutorial. Thanks in advance.
Old 26-07-07, 18:06   #2
Titak

It is best to already have a working door in your wad, since that door will have the required animations.

- So copy a door with the animations you want into you levelwad. (door sliding open, door swinging open or door going up when opening or ...)
- Open you wad in Strpix and find the doormesh you want to replace with your own custom made one.
- Import your custom made door, overwriting the original doormesh.
- Texture the new door and save the wad.

You will now have a door looking like the one you created in Meta and with the correct animations.
This way you don't have to use WADMerger to change the animation.
It is the easiest way to get a new door which is fully working.

If none of the existing doors have the kind of animations you want, you can use WADMerger Animation Editor to change the animations of the door.
It is best to import the door into your wad (as decribed above) before changing the animation, especially when your door has a different size than the original door mesh.
Old 26-07-07, 20:03   #3
Inkheart
Archaeologist

Thank you, Titak, O Queen of Level Editing and everything related!
Old 12-01-22, 12:50   #4
Emilie
Hobbyist

I know I'm probably doing some necromancy here because this thread has been dead for so long but I can't find an answer to my very simple question.
I've just tried Tomb Editor for the first time and made rooms, connected theme together (what I was unable to do with the original official editor).

But here I'm stuck

I've selected a door and placed it to close my room, I placed a jumpswitch beside it but how can I make it so the jumpswitch being used is making the door open ?

I'm sorry, I'm not a native english speaker so it's sometimes quite hard to understand the menus here.

Should I click on the door or the switch to add a trigger ? And what should I select in the trigger menu ?

If someone can help me
Emilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-22, 19:45   #5
Uzi master
Relic Hunter

Place a trigger for the door and switch on the same tile as the switch, and make sure the trigger for the switch is the 'SWITCH' type.

Also in the future you should either make a new thread, or post in the general questions thread.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote