www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 30-03-19, 13:30   #451
killchan
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulojr_mam View Post
Oh, that difference had never crossed my mind. Yeah, they should add some traps that don't kill. And yes, get rid of slowdown, at least on normal difficulty level.
I will argue that insta-kill traps work better in Deadly Obsession, because you have to constantly keep your eyes peeled.
Old 30-03-19, 13:35   #452
Red Master FFX
Historian

Is this has been discussed before?

15-year-old boy claims to have found lost Mayan city from his house

Although, Imagine our lovely Lara as 14 years old (as Ellie) and exploring the lost Atlantida for example... ^^

Last edited by Red Master FFX; 30-03-19 at 13:38.
Red Master FFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-19, 13:55   #453
Noatak
Hobbyist

The ability to kill those ****ing piranhas.

Last edited by Admles; 14-05-19 at 10:10. Reason: Remove CC
Noatak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-19, 15:36   #454
Amunet
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Master FFX View Post
Is this has been discussed before?

15-year-old boy claims to have found lost Mayan city from his house

Although, Imagine our lovely Lara as 14 years old (as Ellie) and exploring the lost Atlantida for example... ^^
I remember reading about this a couple of years ago. If I remember correctly, it was eventually debunked.
Old 01-04-19, 21:53   #455
Samz
Professor

Little-to-no weapon varients.

While I can't speak for Shadow, Rise's weapon variants were mostly worthless reskins and the combat flaws inherited from 2013 don't help(headshots being super easy so rapid fire is all that matters.), while I'm not sure about the rest of the weapon varients as I only got a few, the SMG one was particulalry bad as the weapon select Icon showed an entirely different gun so it felt particularly thrown in for the sake of it.

Give us roughly 8-ish distinct, well detailed guns that are fitting for the locations we explore that are named and make them mostly fit different roles, using their mostly own ammo types.

AOD IMO had some pretty good fake-gun names with the Mag Vega and Vector R-35, which I'll take over generic weapon archetype names.

If we're going the limited ammo route, maybe add a sort of re-usable ammo crate in the environments that can refill Lara's pistol ammo a low amount (Only enough to reload 2-5 times.), not enough to make sure you can avoid pistol pick-ups but enough so you won't get stuck in an area with flying enemies, they should also only ever be present in areas where shooting is absolutely required. (such as boss fights against flying enemies.)

So you can have the risk of running out so you'll search the environment but not so much you can neglect picking up ammo if you find it.

AOD kinda had these with Kurtis's boss fights (Since the enemies flew) having infinite ammo-pick ups and two ammo pick ups (Von Croy's apartment and on some versions at the bit where Kurtis has to shoot a propane tank.) were mistakenly made infinite, by making Lara only able to top up to a limited threshold and having them be only at areas where the player is stuck without ammo, it gets around the fact Lara can't exactly melee flying enemies without invaliding picking up ammo for the pistol.

Gas Masks and Aqua Lungs as optional items to make difficult sections easier like in AOD.

Last edited by Samz; 03-04-19 at 21:10.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote