www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 14-07-19, 01:06   #30761
Heisenberg
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
You'll never please everyone, some people think RE5 is the best in the series, some think the classics, some only like RE4, etc etc. That's not a bad thing though, it's actually kinda great, because the series has reached a far bigger audience than any other horror franchise by experimenting with styles.
So very true. I can't stand fixed camera angles. I love Resi4, also Resi6--fond memories of Resi5 but so far my favorite is and will be Resi2remake. Also shootouts to the Revelations2 game, Claire is such a badass there and the game is so much fun.

Last edited by Heisenberg; 14-07-19 at 01:07.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 07:40   #30762
johnanonymouz
Professor

Resident Evil 6 is the most fun I've had in a Resident Evil game. It was by far their best gameplay wise at that time. I freaking loved the plot (cause of Ada) and the separate stories. Was it a good RE game? Idk but it was a great game. I liked RE4 overall but these damn controls got on my last nerve. RE5 was.......Idk......I enjoyed it but eh! I like Jill and Sheva serving looks I haven't played RE 2 remake yet. Revelations 2 is one of my favorite RE games. I also really liked Revelations. When I have time I'll play 0 + RE. Maybe I'll play 7 someday but I don't have the urge.
Old 14-07-19, 13:16   #30763
DragonSlayer
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
You'll never please everyone, some people think RE5 is the best in the series, some think the classics, some only like RE4, etc etc. That's not a bad thing though, it's actually kinda great, because the series has reached a far bigger audience than any other horror franchise by experimenting with styles.
Maybe the series has reached a bigger audience by experimenting with styles but in doing so they sold Resident Evil out by making it into something it wasn't just so they could reach a bigger audience and at the same time sell more copies of not games.

They moved away from what made Resident Evil great, 1 person trapped in a building against a horde of the undead with limited ammunition, Capcom moved away from what Resident Evil was and sold out the franchise (at least for a while) Capcom have redeemed themselves with RE7 and the RE2 remake.

After the up that was RE6 Capcom had to look other horror games to see how to make Resident Evil like what it used to be even if Capcom did claim that RE7 and Silent Hills both being first person was coincidental.

Until Dawn felt more like Resident Evil than RE5 and RE6 put together, even Days Gone reminds me of the older Resident Evil games, a regular guy with limited ammo against hordes of the undead it's better than punching massive boulders inside a volcano to make a bridge.

I don't know why Capcom are intent on up some of their franchises Dino Crisis has been extinct ever since Dino Crisis 3 how anyone thought that DC3 was a goo idea is beyond me, space lizards on a spaceship pretending to be dinosaurs.

I remember saying it to someone here quite a while back I forget who I said it to that I read somewhere that the skills to make a traditional Resident Evil game had been lost, at the time I said just because those skills have been lost doesn't mean they shouldn't try, as a perfect example I enter into evidence exhibit a the sequel to the classic Christmas movie The Snowman which was called The Snowman and The Snowdog.

When news of that sequel was announced people were like it can't be made the same way as the original because no-one knows how to animate movies like that anymore, because of modern animation no-one does hand drawn animation anymore similar to the animation in The Snowman and it's sequel.

Far too often people are too quick to say something is impossible until they try it and then suddenly it's no longer impossible.

The same could be said of the not at all scary Paranormal Activity movies, after the first one came out everyone started copying it and horror movies became not scary,it was years before horror movies became both good and scary again for example It Follows which is better than all the Paranormal Activity movies put together.

The original Blair Witch started the found footage genre but it was the Paranormal Activity movies that popularized found footage movies and subsequently flooded the market with found footage movies.

There have only been 2 good found footage movies the original Blair Witch and the movie The Fourth Kind, the scene with the owl was so creepy the way it's turned its head as the camera moved around it, it was like it was looking into your soul I like to call that scene Harry Potter's owl Hedwig just went evil.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:42   #30764
domino92
Tomb Raider

Man as a hardcore RE fan, I think it's super cool people who enjoy different types of games all have a chance to enjoy some part of the series.

I have friends who love RE4 and onwards but don't enjoy the survival horror stuff. And I have people who think REmake is a masterpiece but aren't into the action stuff. And that's all cool. As long as the games are good, I don't care what they are.