Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-04-19, 18:01   #21
pharaea

Not to be dramatic or anything, but if I have to pay for it I'm going to want my money back. I found none of the DLCs thus far enjoyable (Though I haven't played the Grand Caiman yet, so...), and being forced to pay for something that may or may not be is just ... upsetting

Last edited by pharaea; 19-04-19 at 18:20.
pharaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 18:19   #22
Rai

You may want to consider a different colour, that pink is a strain on the eyes. It's a shame you haven't enjoyed the dlc tombs so far, but no one is forcing you to pay for anything. You can choose not to buy it. That's if it exits. The season pass is advertised as 7 missions, tombs and outfits. No.7 is out Tuesday and then we'll have everything as advertised. Anything else that comes after the 23rd is extra. Hopefully they will advertise it so we can see it and make up our minds if we want it or not. Forced to pay isn't an issue. EM/CD/SE are not obligated to offer anything for free. We already are getting extra outfits that were not advertised originally part of the SP.

Last edited by Rai; 19-04-19 at 18:21.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 18:24   #23
Robwood

The color change doesn't help very much; the font needs to be different as well. I had to copy your text and paste it into Word in order to figure out what you said. I thought you were typing in Arabic in the beginning.

Last edited by Robwood; 19-04-19 at 18:25.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 18:28   #24
pharaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
You may want to consider a different colour, that pink is a strain on the eyes. It's a shame you haven't enjoyed the dlc tombs so far, but no one is forcing you to pay for anything. You can choose not to buy it. That's if it exits. The season pass is advertised as 7 missions, tombs and outfits. No.7 is out Tuesday and then we'll have everything as advertised. Anything else that comes after the 23rd is extra. Hopefully they will advertise it so we can see it and make up our minds if we want it or not. Forced to pay isn't an issue. EM/CD/SE are not obligated to offer anything for free. We already are getting extra outfits that were not advertised originally part of the SP.
Perhaps, but the "outfits" we got were largely Paititi-based and not well received. They can chuck ten more of them our way and the general response won't change — people will just feel cheated out of actual, meaningful content (don't even get me started on the shield — that last cutscene made the entire DLC basically pointless). I get they're proud of the Hidden City, I really do, but the focus on it ruined the experience.

There's a chance the 8th DLC might be the only one I'd want to buy. But there's a chance I won't be able to because I could barely afford the CE to begin with and saved up for it for months (I'm a college student, we're not exactly drowning in money). So if they do offer one single DLC that isn't based around Paititi or advertised with some tribal outfit most people have grown tired of, yes, I'll be a tad irked about it.

I changed the color though — I hope this one won't be as difficult to read.

Last edited by pharaea; 19-04-19 at 18:45. Reason: all fixed.
Old 19-04-19, 18:38   #25
E.Carnby

If it proves true that the eight DLC will be separately outside the season pass, then I would have voted for the renaming Croft Edition to Paititi edition

Last edited by E.Carnby; 19-04-19 at 18:40.
E.Carnby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 18:42   #26
pharaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carnby View Post
If it proves true that the eight DLC will be separately season pass, then I would have voted for the renaming Croft Edition to Paititi edition
This. By naming it Croft edition, they duped us into thinking it had something —anything— to do with Lara herself. So far, it hasn't. If there were another DLC that does relate to her in any way, making us pay for it just seems unreasonable.

The least they could do in that case would be to take back the edition's title. I know I'm a Shadow fan and all, but I genuinely cannot express how little I care about Paititi ... especially considering that I only bought the Season Pass because I expected Croft-themed content
Old 19-04-19, 18:42   #27
Robwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharaea View Post
I changed the color though — I hope this one won't be as difficult to read.
It is. The font needs to be changed. I still have to copy and paste into Word to read what you've written.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 19:03   #28
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by renspyro View Post
In the past, Crystal Dynamics added all the 20th Anniversary content (launched day one on the PS4 version) to the season pass owners of PC and One without extra charge.
They had to do something, for PS4 users to jump aboard for Rise, after the MS deal, and to charge $60. So if there was no MS deal, then everyone would have had to pay for the content.

Quote:
I'm sure this could've a similar scenario so DLC 8 should be part of season pass at all... If not, Eidos would get even more hate
If there is a DLC8, I don't believe it will come out until September of 2019 or when the 1st Gen 9 console drops (MS IMO is likely to drop theirs first).
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 19:07   #29
OrangeJuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
If there is a DLC8, I don't believe it will come out until September of 2019 or when the 1st Gen 9 console drops (MS IMO is likely to drop theirs first).
what. what's your logic behind this.
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-19, 19:17   #30
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
what. what's your logic behind this.
With SE wanting to push towards next Gen Consoles, Tomb Raider would be a prime candidate to be ported to new consoles. And the best way to get players to double dip would be new content.

Also releasing DLC on the 1 year anniversary of a game, looks better for marketing, and EM might want to release a complete package for new players.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote