Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-06-19, 22:30   #1
mandylane

Post the problem with laras face

do you think what i think?

the probably biggest (no offense) turn off is how lara looks like from the front in shadow of the tomb raider.

anyone good at photoshop willing to do a comparison of rise vs shadow or even tr 2013 one? im going to try myself in adobve lightroom classic

please discuss this. i feel that she looks good from sides and eveerything but when looking start at her she looks kinda weird

image. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8ZzOZ0NT2vo/maxresdefault.jpg
this is what i noticed so far. rise looks best

1. her neck are longer and fullier
2. wider smaller lips
3. curvier nose shape
4. smaller eye curve at the end
5.in tr 2013 her nose is way longer.

Last edited by Rai; 20-06-19 at 00:53. Reason: Image link restored
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 22:39   #2
SoraSakai
Inactive

It’s weird to open up a paragraph with “Do you agree with what I think?”. I haven’t read what you’ve said yet. I have no idea.

Not sure if you’re trying to imply that you created that comparison image. Because you didn’t. If that’s not what you’re imying, then good.

After fully reading what you’ve written I can’t say if I agree with you or not because you never actually stated a central opinion. You just pointed out the differences in the character models and then said you liked the one for “Rise” the most.

Not entirely sure what the point of this thread is. Not in a rude way, I just don’t know how to take the conversation further because I’m still a little lost as to what the conversation is.

That comparison image being used isn’t very good though because all three models shown are in very drastically differently lit scenes.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 22:39   #3
Yeauxleaux

There's nothing really "wrong" with her face, she just doesn't resemble Lara at all.

Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 22:45   #4
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
There's nothing really "wrong" with her face, she just doesn't resemble Lara at all.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/43zzzfdV/britney.gif[img]
I swear you are always on point, you always have the perfect memes to go with the situation.

Yeah anyway I don't see anything wrong with reboot Lara's face either. I mean what are we supposed to be seeing here? Her model has changed from game to game, but she's never looked bad in terms of herself.

"Maybe her hair could be better?"
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 22:53   #5
mandylane

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I swear you are always on point, you always have the perfect memes to go with the situation.

Yeah anyway I don't see anything wrong with reboot Lara's face either. I mean what are we supposed to be seeing here? Her model has changed from game to game, but she's never looked bad in terms of herself.

"Maybe her hair could be better?"
yeah hear hair COULD be better
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 22:59   #6
Persefone

I thought the only difference betwen rise and shadow's model is shaders
Persefone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 23:10   #7
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persefone View Post
I thought the only difference betwen rise and shadow's model is shaders
The skin texture quality is different too, and there may be a few teensy-tiny changes made to the actual model, but she’s mostly the same yeah.

Honestly, I think we need to see that bird nest gone from her head before we can even evaluate her face, lol. She mostly just needs more forehead and fuller lips, imo.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 23:43   #8
Rai

Firstly, I've removed the image. Please use and allowed image host as in our T&Cs
Quote:
9.1 - Please use one of the following image hosting services when posting images on our forum.

tombraiderchronicles.com, tombraiderforums.com, Discord, Wikipedia, Imgur, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Abload, Gyazo, Postimage, Dropbox, Steam, Casimages, Deviantart, Flickr, Giphy, Google services, Microsoft services
Secondly, as you're talking about Shadow Lara's face, I've moved the thread to the Shadow section.

Edit: My appologies, Image restored. I did not recognise the image host as being google owned.

Last edited by Rai; 20-06-19 at 00:47.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-19, 00:11   #9
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

The only thing that looks bad is her hair and short forehead imo. Also as said above, she doesn't look like Lara Croft at all. TR2013 concepts did though.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-19, 01:36   #10
iWANEX
Golden

Photo mode made me appreciate the model from all angles. I hope they improve the face to show some ageing if they set they next game a few years later. With a better hairstyle she would look even better.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote