Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 14-06-19, 22:36   #251
Patrick star

Way to go from impressively devoting your entire time to hate on and bash a game you haven't played and hope for it to flop to doing the exact same thing to a game that's a year away with nothing revealed from it other than a story trailer

CD were indeed extremely stupid with their technology "excuse" trying to be nice . Honestly , they should've been downright toxic and nasty like their fanbase and blatantly say : "We don't want to add the dual pistols , choke on it and stay pressed" .

Last edited by Patrick star; 14-06-19 at 22:40.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 22:44   #252
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Way to go from impressively devoting your entire time to hate on and bash a game you haven't played and hope for it to flop to doing the exact same thing to a game that's a year away with nothing revealed from it other than a story trailer

CD were indeed extremely stupid with their technology "excuse" trying to be nice . Honestly , they should've been downright toxic and nasty like their fanbase and blatantly say : "We don't want to add the dual pistols , choke on it and stay pressed" .
We already got stuff like the Bikini comment.

I'd also argue the games themselves count.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 22:45   #253
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Straight up, I would have preferred a response like this instead of what they gave us. It would have been nice to have complete transparency and honesty instead of practically beating around the bush like they always do.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 22:45   #254
Kalaghima

From what I've heard from people who got their hands on the game behind closed doors, every avenger character's gameplay sounds alright...except Black Widow. Not only she's lacking in the visual aspect, she's also lacking in gameplay. Yikes... Maybe that's why Hawkeye is nowhere to be seen because those two don't have special powers like the others they can get creative with. Unless they went with the 'safe' route again and not take risk in making crazy abilities. Idk, I don't trust CD to respect the source material after TR. Plus, they even said "The game was THEIR take on the franchise." which rang a familiar tone.

I see the derpy and jerky fast movements is back as per usual from CD's games. It seems to be a thing for that dev ever since Legend and gotten worse in Underworld. Why is it so hard for them to animate proper movements at a normal speed? They got butt loads of profit from the reboot trilogy and still use outdated stuff. Something's smells.
Kalaghima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 22:51   #255
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Are you seriously equating a comment an EM employee made about a fictional bunch of pixels to what people on the forums spew about the devs who're actual human beings 24/7 ?
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 23:01   #256
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post

I'd also argue the games themselves count.
And a whole lot of other stuff too... They have been condescending so many times. Remember during the Rise's exclusivity deal when they told PS4 users they could go play the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition when they specifically asked about Rise. It's like they didn't give af about anything, just their money.

Good point. The games themselves count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Straight up, I would have preferred a response like this instead of what they gave us. It would have been nice to have complete transparency and honesty instead of practically beating around the bush like they always do.
Me too. I'd take it any day over the obvious crap they keep feeding us. They have become completely untrustworthy. Well, they have been like that for a while now.

Last edited by Legends; 14-06-19 at 23:03.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 23:07   #257
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
I’m pretty sure Brian actually did.

I remember when they were promoting Rise, Meagan did the whole podcast thing didn’t she, an I’m pretty positive Brian got asked about the duels returning after the ending we had with TR’13 an he said no they’re not returning. Lara wielding the duels at the end of Tomb Raider was fan service only.

I’ll see if I can find it.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 23:17   #258
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
I’m pretty sure Brian actually did.

I remember when they were promoting Rise, Meagan did the whole podcast thing didn’t she, an I’m pretty positive Brian got asked about the duels returning after the ending we had with TR’13 an he said no they’re not returning. Lara wielding the duels at the end of Tomb Raider was fan service only.

I’ll see if I can find it.
And the same for SOTTR. They’ve openly said the duals, shorts, and backflips wasn’t the direction they were heading with the game
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 23:28   #259
Lara_Fan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
And the same for SOTTR. They’ve openly said the duals, shorts, and backflips wasn’t the direction they were heading with the game
Exactly.

I’ve done some research and there are loads of podcasts that Meagan did during the promotion of Rise so I won’t be able to find the exact one, unless I scroll through hours worth of content to find one quote but I’m 95% sure that’s what Brian said.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-19, 09:01   #260
FanosCroft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
Black Widow has everything Lara is supposed to have. Side flips, back flips, rolling (!!), duals, basically everything. They did Tomb Raider dirty and gave Black Widow all of Lara's moves and told us that the tech "just isn't there yet" for duals in the reboot. Are you kidding me with this bs Crystal? I'm sick of their lies. The problem wasn't the technology, but them not wanting to it for some stupid reason. It looks like they used the Legend engine for Black Widow, just an upgraded version of it. They just switched out Lara for Black Widow.

Also, the game actually looks so underwhelming. There is just so many things with it that just doesn't look right.
Imagine how tired we are. Imagine how tired we are of this, and by "we" I mean the rest of the world.
FanosCroft is online now   Reply With Quote