www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 17-03-12, 23:39   #1001
BtoFu
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangelinaJolie View Post
Friend is still getting stuttering and is now complaining about freezing. Guess Downpour is rather unpolished eh?
Yeah it's quite the turd in the technical department, which is a shame because this is the best Silent Hill in some time. It's unlikely Konami are gonna foot the bill for an advanced cleanup - these kinda patches rarely happen anyway. Still I'm hoping for a mini miracle. Honestly I would have taken another 3 month delay and had Vatra give it the polish it sorely needs.

With that being said I just finished the game a while ago there. Felt like the Prison was a real pain in the ass since they seemed to wanna blow their load with enemy numbers. Pretty much hate the combat in this game and this whole area though visually delicious, was just winding me up almost all the way to the end. Got a crazyyyyyy ending too which slapped a bemused look on my face after feeling like they really telegraphed the identity of the Wheelchairthing from a mile away. Slightly disappointed some of my own interpretation never came to fruition (had a Shaman's Curse in mind for like half the game - Screamers and Warriors were totally giving me a Native American vibe).

Nitpicking aside I really enjoyed the game a ton even if it very rarely got me in the kinda panic mode I hoped for. Still feel like it's a blend of SH2 and The Room at heart that leaves plenty of room for discussion - something I feel which has been lacking in SH games for years now. I just hope it gets a miracle fix because really it deserves to run smoother and be elevated to a technical level on par with its atmospheric strength.

Now I need to see how I get a better ending because I'm sure mine wasn't the supah happy fun wun.
BtoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-12, 23:54   #1002
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Mine was super happy fun I reloaded to see something different...and so I did.
Old 17-03-12, 23:58   #1003
BtoFu
Relic Hunter

Oh I thought it might overwrite your save data with a clear game. Nice looks like I'm going back in.
Old 18-03-12, 00:38   #1004
DgoOdz94
Tomb Raider

Ok, the Monastery is by far the sickest and awesomest place in my history of SH. Searching the bodies of the screamers for a key?!? I mean that is wrong and cool in soooo many levels, and the Otherworld has been quite amazing.

But I'm stuck once more. LMAO!
Old 18-03-12, 01:17   #1005
LaraCablara
Professor

I really liked all the silent hills, especially homecoming and shattered memories.

But this got such terrible reviews I am hesitant .

Will I like this if I loved homecoming?
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-12, 06:08   #1006
Camera Obscura
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
I really liked all the silent hills, especially homecoming and shattered memories.

Will I like this if I loved homecoming?
If you liked Homecoming and Shattered Memories, then I think you'll love this one. Downpour feels like a better evolved Homecoming with some Shattered Memories chase scenes thrown in for good measure. Apart from the technical issues that have been mentioned in this thread, and the clunky combat, this game is great.
Camera Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-12, 07:13   #1007
Survival
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
It got one bad review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangelinaJolie View Post
Friend is still getting stuttering and is now complaining about freezing. Guess Downpour is rather unpolished eh?
It is unpolished but it also works as a full game. No corners were cut, everything is as it should be from the beginning to the end. Technical problems some people are experiencing aside, the game is complete. Unlike ORC .

Last edited by Survival; 18-03-12 at 07:15.
Survival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-12, 07:23   #1008
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

I got lots of stuttering, but no freezing. I'll hope for the miracle Btofu explained, this game should have a technical performance that lives up to all its other aspects. I'm 40% into my 2nd playthrough now
Old 18-03-12, 07:38   #1009
Carbonek_0051

Quote:
Originally Posted by DgoOdz94 View Post
Ok, the is by far the sickest and awesomest place in my history of SH. ?!? I mean that is wrong and cool in soooo many levels, and the Otherworld has been quite amazing.

But I'm stuck once more. LMAO!
Wasn't the Hanzel & Gretel play creepy as hell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survival View Post
It is unpolished but it also works as a full game. No corners were cut, everything is as it should be from the beginning to the end. Technical problems some people are experiencing aside, the game is complete. Unlike ORC .
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-12, 11:42   #1010
BtoFu
Relic Hunter

Considering starting another playthrough here just now. A few points I'm curious about:

Is the total number of sidequests 14? I only finished about 6 and was hard pressed to find more than another few on the map.

No clue how you get the door code for the ? area on Lansdale Avenue. Did I miss a big area to explore?

Anyone tried puzzles on Hard? They can't be SH3 level tough, right?