www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-04-12, 22:38   #5001
just*raidin*tomb
Tomb Raider
 
just*raidin*tomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Coast, US PSN:Weeze_Raider
Posts: 17,926
Default

To be honest, the only reason I can see why their waiting is either:

1. It's going to be delayed.

2. It's so ****ing amazing what they're showing that its going to blow everything else at e3 out of water. (LOL NO)

But with so many games announced already and its not even E3 yet, and some great games at that, will there even be room for Tomb Raider to be in the spotlight come e3? Rahhhh i dunno. I'm not a professional but I dunno.

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 04-04-12 at 22:39.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:40   #5002
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69,622
Default

Yeah....IDK.

I mean...

1. The cinematic things won't win everyone over a second time

2. If they show the game's exploration and large environments (which hasn't happened yet) they may surprise some people...

3. Combat will be...different enough to make people suddenly become interested in the game.

But IDK.

I definately feel the game will be delayed...but whyyy?
__________________
I get wild on ya baby
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:44   #5003
Mikky
Legend
 
Mikky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Yamatai Island Gender: Prince
Posts: 36,351
Default

I really don't think the game will be delayed and I don't see a reason why anyone would think that it will be. :/
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:44   #5004
Lukass
Tomb Raider
 
Lukass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bluff Creek
Posts: 23,927
Default

I'm the third one who believe and feel like the game is going to be delayed. There's absolutely NO reason to be so silent for such a long time, is it? That's not normal. The other games that are going to compete with TR have already out more stuff than TR, which is just strange. Even if they have something that will make us and the audience wow, it's still just a game if you know what I mean.
__________________
"I have quite cool and detailed daydreams" - Rai
Lukass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:47   #5005
just*raidin*tomb
Tomb Raider
 
just*raidin*tomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Coast, US PSN:Weeze_Raider
Posts: 17,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
I really don't think the game will be delayed and I don't see a reason why anyone would think that it will be. :/
Because there's just so much silence and secrecy. They're playing it so safe with the media right now.

Plus I'm just feeling a delay. I don't know why. But if there isn't one then I'll be happy either way. Delays usually mean "we gotta clean this **** up". So it doesn't matter that much to me.

Lets be honest. Six months is not a long time at all. Unless the ad campaign is going to be really aggressive. That reminds me I know I usually see the game advertised when the movies are on tv during the campaign which is always cool. (not really relevant but whatever)

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 04-04-12 at 22:49.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:48   #5006
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69,622
Default

Well CD want to show any new content at a big event, so that's why they've waited for E3.

Plus Aussie has told us that before TRU, we didn't have any footage of the game until E3. So as much as it seems weird given how long it's been - to have a demo begin at E3, and maybe more content between the short time leading up to release, it's quite possible.

I just doubt so much about this game though, as I'm sure everyone does. Some of it sounds too good.
__________________
I get wild on ya baby
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:50   #5007
leglion
Junior Member
 
leglion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ER
Posts: 12,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb View Post
Because there's just so much silence and secrecy. They're playing it so safe with the media right now.

Plus I'm just feeling a delay. I don't know why. But if there isn't one then I'll be happy either way. Delays usually mean "we gotta clean this **** up". So it doesn't matter that much to me.

Lets be honest. Six months is not a long time at all. Unless the ad campaign is going to be really aggressive. That reminds me I know I usually see the game advertised when the movies are on tv during the campaign which is always cool.
Apple is super secret with their product, but that doesn't mean their will be some sort of delay.
leglion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:50   #5008
Mikky
Legend
 
Mikky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Yamatai Island Gender: Prince
Posts: 36,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb View Post
Because there's just so much silence and secrecy. They're playing it so safe with the media right now.
So, because they've gone silent, you assume there are problems with the game's development? I think you might be jumping to conclusions, but okay.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:51   #5009
larafan25
Sage
 
larafan25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 69,622
Default

I don't think it's strange for people to assume something requires more work or focus because the devs are silent.
__________________
I get wild on ya baby
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-12, 22:52   #5010
just*raidin*tomb
Tomb Raider
 
just*raidin*tomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Coast, US PSN:Weeze_Raider
Posts: 17,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
Well CD want to show any new content at a big event, so that's why they've waited for E3.

Plus Aussie has told us that before TRU, we didn't have any footage of the game until E3. So as much as it seems weird given how long it's been - to have a demo begin at E3, and maybe more content between the short time leading up to release, it's quite possible.

I just doubt so much about this game though, as I'm sure everyone does. Some of it sounds too good.
Yes. I know. I totally agree.

And do you mean that we didn't actually see the game in motion until the E3 before its release? If so, that's somewhat comforting. I guess we didn't notice it so much because all other media we got before it.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.