www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 07-12-16, 22:10   #61
LeelooBastet
Historian

Increase the 100 click-high limit of the project ?
So it would be possible to have real high mountains or deep abysses, or even make high skycrapers ^_^

Last edited by LeelooBastet; 07-12-16 at 22:11.
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-17, 11:57   #62
AkyV

Add a new window in Set Trigger Type panel.
Here you (to a trng.dll trigger) or (in a plugin) a plugin maker (to a trng.dll trigger or his/her own plugin trigger) can add even a long explanation to a trigger. (Like Reference list for NG Center commands/constants.)

EDIT:
I can't remember if I have already said it or not, but, under Win 8.1, there are problems with TRNG function buttons of Set Trigger Type panel:

- Find Trigger Number: works only once. Need to close the panel so I can use the button again the next time.
- Export Script Trigger: works only till you click on Find Trigger Number or Export AnimCommand. Need to close the panel so I can use the button again the next time.

Note:
This bug is old, perhaps solved in TRNG 1.3.0.0.
---------------------------
Edit:
Swap OCB/flyby property/Sink flag/Sound flag panels for some more modern ones. (Btw what does a sound flag panel do?)

Last edited by AkyV; 08-03-17 at 23:30.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-17, 11:06   #63
AkyV

I send a new post because I'd like to keep this thread fresh, Paolone probably has already read the previous posts.

----------

So, I thought that would be nice if the files (TXT, MEM, BMP etc.) what are "spawned during in process" (i.e. when using Level Editor, game etc.) would be go to their own folders, so Level Editor main folder would remain easily apprehensible.

I mean, eg. if I hit "export trigger" a few times when building something, and I have crashes a few times when testing my plugin, and I take screenshots a few times, then Level Editor main folder is full of files like that, I need to delete them or move them somewhere else, or else the whole folder seems pretty messy.

So I thought something like this, eg. in the case when the game crashes (the other procedures should be similar):
1. the game crashes
2. the trng examines if there is "Game_Crashes" subfolder in Level Editor main folder. If not, it creates one.
3. TXT and MEM files of crash will go to Game_Crashes folder.

Probably these are the main cases - I hope I didn't leave anything out:

- game and editor crashes
- screenshots
- clicking on different buttons of Set Trigger Type panel

Last edited by AkyV; 04-04-17 at 10:21.
Old 04-04-17, 00:43   #64
Mulf
Archaeologist

^ Oh, I support that suggestion wholeheartedly. The main folder looks indeed hopelessly cluttered if you don't sweep it regularly; and if you do so, you might also throw away the odd .DLL or whatever by accident.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-17, 12:02   #65
Paolone
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
So I thought something like this, eg. in the case when the game crashes (the other procedures should be similar):
1. the game crashes
2. the trng examines if there is "Game_Crashes" subfolder in Level Editor main folder. If not, it creates one.
3. TXT and MEM files of crash will go to Game_Crashes folder.

Probably these are the main cases - I hope I didn't leave anything out:

- game and editor crashes
- screenshots
- clicking on different buttons of Set Trigger Type panel
Yup, you're right, also my trle folder is messed with too many temporary files.
I can surely reduce most of them. The only one problem is that, many tools (or functions of some tool) expected to find some files in trle folder. I could change them, of course but the risk is to forget some modify, since the trle folder it has been the main source folder for above file for a long time.
I'll try to do my best.
Paolone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-17, 12:21   #66
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

Please, a flyby sequence number should be increased, to maybe 20.
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 15:03   #67
Joey79100
Professor

I have some requests about the elevator:
  1. Not sure it's possible without having to modify things in our scripts: have more floors. Currently there are 10, which is strange, because in the description of GT_ELEVATOR_STOPS_AT_FLOOR it says the floor number can't be greater than 15.
  2. Have a trigger to move the elevator immediately to a floor (without sound, without any movement, without anything). This way we could have it already somewhere else at the beginning of the level, as it is required to have it placed at the first floor in the project.
  3. Condition triggers to check the floor where the elevator currently is stopped? Because currently, we can manually store the floor number in a variable each time the elevator stops, with GT_ELEVATOR_STOPS_AT_FLOOR, but it would be great if there was a proper trigger instead.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-17, 11:53   #68
AkyV

PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM:
Also add the third axis.
Old 15-05-17, 23:48   #69
TheBloodRed
Relic Hunter

Wouldn't it be great to be able to edit the parameters of lighting objects?

-Change bulb color or intensity
-Change static object color
-Change Lara's color independent of the environment
-etc etc
Old 20-05-17, 15:32   #70
Isis
Student

Apologies if this has already been suggested (or available somewhere I haven't seen) but what I would really appreciate in any future updates is something to explain those crash reports that appear when NGLE crashes. At the moment I'm having a major problem loading maps in NGLE. It crashes almost as soon as the map and textures appear and produces a crash report. What appears in those crash reports means nothing to me (although they always seem to contain the following, no matter how, when and for what reason NGLE crashes):

CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

If a crash report is generated, to be of any use it would be nice to have something to check against, i.e. if a line in the report contains [XYZ] this means you have an evil trigger square somewhere, or the tga is too big etc etc.

Now, re my current crashing problem, before anyone says no need for the above, just load an older map which did work - that's exactly what I have done (I'm meticulous in saving backups - have far too many of them really!) and each one will load fine the first time, but when I save it and then try to reload it, it crashes - producing a crash report which doesn't help me at all I'm afraid. If I only had a clue as to what is going wrong, I could hopefully fix it before saving the map.
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote