www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-19, 00:47   #31
xspacedude
Archaeologist
 
xspacedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
You want to pay $9.99USD a month on top of also buying the game itself...? Sounds like a massive ripoff.

I also donít have very fast internet so Iíd never be able to achieve 4K on it, let alone play with a stable framerate.

I doubt Iím in the minority either.

It will launch as a disaster. Mark my words.
This 100%. Imagine having to pay for a 4k TV, the game, fast internet connection (which is basically impossible and expensive in A LOT of countries) and pay monthly for that service. Stadia could be revolutionary but it doesnít match todayís reality for majority of gamers. Maybe in 10+ years? But I doubt it.
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 00:58   #32
Isaac
Relic Hunter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,490
Default

Itís also 16 GB/ Hour apparently. Rip data cap.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 01:41   #33
Robwood
Professor
 
Robwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspacedude View Post
This 100%. Imagine having to pay for a 4k TV, the game, fast internet connection (which is basically impossible and expensive in A LOT of countries) and pay monthly for that service. Stadia could be revolutionary but it doesnít match todayís reality for majority of gamers.
Well, for the past several years the majority of players hasn't been the games industry's focus. The target audience nowadays are rich kids in their early 20s who have nothing better to do all day than spend their parents' money, thus allowing the industry to turn video games into luxury items. It's no surprise that this is where Stadia is going.
__________________
I own a PS4.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 02:22   #34
veigafd
Archaeologist
 
veigafd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: brazil
Posts: 1,913
Default

If I had a decent connection, sure, but this streaming stuff doesn't work here on my country, let alone a console made for that. PS now didn't even come to my country yet, and I bet it's because the internet connections here are trash.
__________________
Behold!You are now free from the outfit restric...WAIT FOR STREAMING...
veigafd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 02:49   #35
xspacedude
Archaeologist
 
xspacedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,817
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Well, for the past several years the majority of players hasn't been the games industry's focus. The target audience nowadays are rich kids in their early 20s who have nothing better to do all day than spend their parents' money, thus allowing the industry to turn video games into luxury items. It's no surprise that this is where Stadia is going.
Pretty much
xspacedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 07:11   #36
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Itís also 16 GB/ Hour apparently. Rip data cap.
Data cap? :/
I mean, is fiber internet "data capped" in other countries? That's so damn weird. In Portugal, I believe only Vodafone does it
__________________
We stand undefined. Can't be drawn with a straight line.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 07:13   #37
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist
 
JoelCaesar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 8th DLC's Tomb
Posts: 2,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Data cap? :/
I mean, is fiber internet "data capped" in other countries? That's so damn weird. In Portugal, I believe only Vodafone does it
{cries in Australian}

Google Stadia will never work with Australian internet it's just too slow.
__________________
Just think. You wouldn't be needing those unsightly weapons anymore. :)
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 11:01   #38
Heisenberg
Explorer
 
Heisenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Chloe Frazer's Belt
Posts: 884
Default

Google Stadia is definitely directed at US and UK, and it's just 'streaming' or something; I don't find it appealing at all. Just get your preferred console and play on the damn thing.
__________________
"Oh, you should relax, you'll live longer."
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:29   #39
malferink
Explorer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
Google Stadia is definitely directed at US and UK, and it's just 'streaming' or something; I don't find it appealing at all. Just get your preferred console and play on the damn thing.
Did you know there are other countries in Europe besides the UK?
malferink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-19, 20:49   #40
johnanonymouz
Professor
 
johnanonymouz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 3,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
It’s also 16 GB/ Hour apparently. Rip data cap.
wth?! my weak ass net would need a week to stream it lmao
__________________
Proud Rebooter

Last edited by johnanonymouz; 07-06-19 at 20:53.
johnanonymouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 23:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.