www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 06-08-20, 08:37   #1
KyleRises
Student

Default Life is Strange - Rachel Amber deserves better

#JusticeForRachelAmber is a new movement created by the fans, for the fans, of Life is Strange.
We believe RachelAmber deserves more.
We want to know how her story unfolded.
And we want Rachel to lead her own LiS game or at least get her full story told in another form of media.
Before the Storm Season 2 / Side B / Part 2... deserves to happen.
We ask of Square Enix to complete the trilogy of Max Caulfield, Chloe Price and Rachel Amber ��

A petition is now LIVE!
Please sign and share using the hashtag #JusticeForRachelAmber to show your support in the Life is Strange community:

WE CAN DO THIS !

*Sorry in advance if posting this is not allowed, I’ll delete if necessary*

Last edited by tlr online; 06-08-20 at 14:35. Reason: See FAQ on posting links.
KyleRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 09:02   #2
killchan
Archaeologist

To be brutally honest, I don't want a sequel to BFS.

I want a remake
LIS1 hyped her up too much for how she turned out to be in BFS. Even for a spoiled little bitch, I thought Victoria from the fist game was better
Old 06-08-20, 10:53   #3
Emix
Relic Hunter

Sorry but what?? This doesn't make any sense at all. Sequel to "BtS"? But why? We all know what happens, she dies.
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 11:19   #4
KyleRises
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emix View Post
Sorry but what?? This doesn't make any sense at all. Sequel to "BtS"? But why? We all know what happens, she dies.
So? BTS ended exactly where it should have started. We know the endings to many things but itís the journey itself that we relate to. And Iím one of those who believe we deserve to get the rest of Rachelís story. Weather itís a game of her own, a comic, a book... doesnít really matter. We never got to see how she left Chloe, what led to that, how she fought to survive... thereís so much potential in this. They could also further explore her wind powers.
KyleRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 12:24   #5
TR1249
Archaeologist

Didn't BTS end with her death? What is there left to explore?
Old 06-08-20, 12:28   #6
killchan
Archaeologist

mhh yeah BTS was more of an origins story ( :P ) than a prequel.

It just ends without estabilishing a connection with her fate in LIS1 or the events that lead up to it.
That's a loooot of plot and character stuff just left up in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR1249 View Post
Didn't BTS end with her death?
not at all!
Old 06-08-20, 12:53   #7
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleRises View Post
So? BTS ended exactly where it should have started. We know the endings to many things but itís the journey itself that we relate to. And Iím one of those who believe we deserve to get the rest of Rachelís story. Weather itís a game of her own, a comic, a book... doesnít really matter. We never got to see how she left Chloe, what led to that, how she fought to survive... thereís so much potential in this. They could also further explore her wind powers.
I too would like to see the rest of Rachel's story, too much stuff was missing from Before The Storm in addition to the above they could have included some scenes of Rachel's dad trying to find her, I assume he did but since Chloe never mentioned if he did try and find her in LIS1 we may never know if he did try to find Rachel.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 12:59   #8
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

They was a huge time gap between the last Episode and Rachel's Death. Having another BTS type game and a proper prologue to the first game would definitely be amazing. Like what was the deal with Rachel and Frank? Was Rachel really just using Chloe to escape Arcadia Bay?

So many questions that I want answered.
Old 06-08-20, 12:59   #9
tomblover
Tomb Raider

You may want to delete the link to the petition - TRF, for whatever reason, doesn't take kindly to being a platform for anything...

I didn't mind the gap between BTS and the first game, personally.

It feels like Chloe's relationship with Rachel is this sacred, private thing - which we as the player, via Max, really don't have any right to snoop on (unlike everything else we take game-y liberties with).

Getting to see the beginnings of their friendship was enough context for me, both in terms of how losing Rachel would later affect Chloe - and what kind of person Rachel was, to do the things she supposedly did.

Last edited by tomblover; 06-08-20 at 13:10.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-20, 17:08   #10
tomee
Tomb Raider

I'm down't for a third LiS game featuring Rachel, but I don't want it to be about how she got caught up with Frank and later Nathan and Jefferson. We know damn well what happened, the story has already been told in LiS1 and BtS. Instead they should come up with an original story for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by killchan View Post
not at all!
Yes it did. The montage where her and Chloe lead a happy life ended with Rachel's phone being blown up by Chloe as you hear photos being taken in the background. It's very clear what is happening in that scene.