www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 13-11-21, 17:43   #81
Kidd Bowyer
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
Both, all animations and cameras have had their speed halved.

When 60fps is disabled, all these parts are then halved or doubled by 1. This essentially does nothing to the original default code, making the game 30fps.
Alright, so during normal play, everything will essentially look/feel the same, unless people start getting into like custom animated textures etc?
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-21, 21:35   #82
annl
Archaeologist

Yes, it'll just feel smoother.
Old 17-11-21, 13:27   #83
Tremolo
Hobbyist

Is there any way to make it compatible with .avi, .mkv or .mp4 video files? I've been using an enhanced FMV files, but it's not working anymore. The only format that Tomb1Main seems to read are the old .rpl files.
Tremolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-21, 06:54   #84
Heartache
Professor

Not yet. You'll have to wait for that feature
Old 21-11-21, 10:59   #85
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Hi! Great project and thank you for sharing!

Is it possible to adjust brightness yet? In the glrage patch I was using a brightness value of 0.75 because 1.0 is a little too bright for me.

Also TR1 and Unfinished business have different main menu background images, will you make it possible to have both versions as part of the same tree? Arsunt made this possible with TR2 and Golden Mask which is done by suffixing "g" to some of the file names.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 21-11-21 at 11:15.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 16:05   #86
Paft
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATombRaiderFan View Post
Hi! Great project and thank you for sharing!

Is it possible to adjust brightness yet? In the glrage patch I was using a brightness value of 0.75 because 1.0 is a little too bright for me.

Also TR1 and Unfinished business have different main menu background images, will you make it possible to have both versions as part of the same tree? Arsunt made this possible with TR2 and Golden Mask which is done by suffixing "g" to some of the file names.
Did you see the recent update? "added adjustable ingame brightness".

(I haven't tried it as I'm halfway through my first playthrough for like 20+ years, but used the Braid Mod and I don't think saves are compatible.)

Last edited by Paft; 21-11-21 at 16:39.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-21, 16:26   #87
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft View Post
Did you see the recent update? "added adjustable ingame brightness".

(I haven't tried it as I'm halfway through my first playthrough for like 20+ years, but used to Braid Mod and I don't think saves are compatible.)
Ah, you're right, I should've checked the release notes on github. For now it doesn't look like the brightness setting is getting saved after I quit the game, but at least the option is there. (Update: rr_dash said this issue will be resolved in the next release 1.5.0.)

Edit: Interesting, it's now possible to have 3d pickups instead of sprites.

Last edited by ATombRaiderFan; 22-11-21 at 13:17.
Old 22-11-21, 15:55   #88
Paft
Hobbyist

I saw your reply yesterday, but I didn't reply as I was too tired and didn't want to go off-topic. (I assume you've edited that out to avoid the same?)

Yes, I am enjoying playing it after all these years. I plan on playing 1-4. For an old game, it does feel kinda clunky. The atmosphere and music, in particular, are brilliant and how I remember, albeit looking like "turd"...although familiar and how I remember.

Shame I started playing before trying out Tomb1Main. I wasn't aware saves from other versions wouldn't work. Tempted to start again as this mod is quite active.

I don't even remember some things were sprites in the game. 3D replacements are interesting.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-21, 09:39   #89
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Yes, sorry about that, I wanted to steer my last response back onto topic but am glad to hear you're enjoying the classic game again. You can always try the level skip cheat or alternatively download *ATI Rage* saves files from Stella's website which are compatible with Tomb1Main.

All pickups in TR1 are sprites but appear as 3D meshes in Lara's inventory, I'd imagine rr_dash found a way to implement the inventory 3D meshes into gameplay as well.
Old 26-11-21, 17:14   #90
vasatomb
Student

-removed hard limit of 1024 rooms-

But vertical limit is 255. Is this removedable?
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote