www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 22-11-21, 18:05   #871
Jathom95
Explorer

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited by Jathom95; 23-11-21 at 23:31.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 21:14   #872
.snake.
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
As whole those parts where we find some people that are mutated felt really out of place in this game imo.(I mean, why the cult even needed to make Resident Evil style monsters when all their goal was to resurrect a god ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Because they really serve no purpose in the story.

Yeah, fighting skeletons,seeing ghosts,seeing some unknown creatures kinda makes you feel you are in unexplored locations.

But seeing mutant monsters makes you feel that the Cabal are kinda like Resident Evil's Umbrella organization. And the story just says that they kidnap people to experiment on them but that serves no purpose since it is the paintings that revive their god not BOW monsters.

If you remove all of the mutants from the story, nothing of value will be lost from the story.(And that monster that Kurtis kills was an ancient beast I believe)
This is like saying "Why does Natla bother with hatching other Atlanteans because her main goal in awakening the pyramid is clearly the Torso Boss" or "Why does Dr. Willard bother with creating mutants out of some of his fellow scientists if all he wants is to become a spider?" - It's redundant and useless because obviously from a gameplay perspective the designers wanted there to be fun monsters for us to kill - whether or not the enemies always fit logically into the story.

In AOD's case, everything does actually fit logically due to what Mueller tells us. They've been extracting DNA from the Nephilim Sleeper's corpse for years now, and testing it by creating mutant humans and mutant plants. The Proto-Nephilim isn't an ancient beast as you call it, but a mutant Boaz created - it was just the most successful test so far because it can't be killed with guns like the rest, but needs a Periapt Shard, which is Nephilim Kryptonite. None of these experiments are perfect though, which is why the Cabal need to awaken the Sleeper, and they need the Sanglyph to do this.

The whole end-goal is to "rebreed the Nephilim race" - it's never fully explained how this rebreeding will go, and how the Sleeper will help, but clearly all of their weird experiments and mutations have been prep-work for when the Sleeper is finally awake.

So not only does all of this make sense from a story perspective, it also makes sense from a game designer's perspective to be able to throw in as many weird creatures as possible.

Last edited by .snake.; 22-11-21 at 21:15.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-21, 21:16   #873
Jathom95
Explorer

^ Yes, all of that as well. On point as always snake.
Old 23-11-21, 14:31   #874
Jathom95
Explorer

I've found out there's apparently two other places in game besides the herbalist where there's apparently no lip syncing for certain dialogue, though not for the entire conversation like his suffered from. They're both easily missable so they're probably not seen often.

The first is with Bouchard, when picking the "wrong" option. The last thing he says "Welcome to Paris." is affected by this. The second is with Luddick, specifically when you don't have the money to pay for the Scorpion. It's when he says "Seller's market, I'm afraid." While this goes mostly unnoticed in vanilla since it's nearly impossible to get to Prague with little money, it's more pronounced with the Restored installed since that's now a fairly possible circumstance.

Just an interesting little thing I noticed. I think at least the Bouchard one is the same on the PS2 version as well.
Old 23-11-21, 15:33   #875
reborninshadow
Historian

It's most likely just missing facial animations for those lines. Same behaviour also happens when you put in unused lines in the pawnshop conversation for example (that are still located in the level script) since those were probably never animated. I'm not sure if these ones were also never animated or if they somehow forgot to put in the animation files though.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-21, 22:02   #876
Accandon
Hobbyist

Hi.

Thanks for your work!!! It is really awesome.

Would it be possibleto adapt your patch to the Steam version? I always get the message "Insert Disk 1", when i use the exe provided in you pack and i don't have any CDs.
Accandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-21, 23:46   #877
reborninshadow
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accandon View Post
Hi.

Thanks for your work!!! It is really awesome.

Would it be possibleto adapt your patch to the Steam version? I always get the message "Insert Disk 1", when i use the exe provided in you pack and i don't have any CDs.
I don't have an exe included in this mod at all and it works just fine with the steam version on my PC. Not sure why you would be getting that message.
reborninshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-21, 01:42   #878
Accandon
Hobbyist

Oh. My bad. I have mistaken your mod with the Rescued mod. Actually yours works fine with the steam version.

I am really sorry.
Accandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-21, 18:28   #879
Jathom95
Explorer

Hey, what does that repurposed antidote even look like anyway?
Old 03-12-21, 16:03   #880
kelvinsecolo
Hobbyist

Is the new version of the patch still coming out?
kelvinsecolo is offline   Reply With Quote