Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider on Mobile

Old 22-05-19, 15:22   #31
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
It looks like it's all recycled material from Temple of Osiris, at least the Lara images.
Yeah, which is unfortunate. Not only did ToO have nice artwork, but it would also just be nice to have some more of that style of Lara.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-19, 16:14   #32
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Yeah, which is unfortunate. Not only did ToO have nice artwork, but it would also just be nice to have some more of that style of Lara.
Hell yeah!
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-19, 17:38   #33
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
I don’t expect them to make any new artwork, not for a little micro-transaction game like this.
The artworks are the rewards apparently or something like the story is told through artworks as you progress I dunno I didn't give it much importance.

I'm surprised the LC games are getting more and more low budget and not TR related as time goes on. We started on TR a bit arcadey with isometric camera and now we are at cards game and gambling machines... This is like reboot Lara's character development all over again.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19, 15:11   #34
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

When Square wants to milk the Tomb Raider franchise they use classic Tomb Raider visuals because that's what people recognize. Maybe start implementing some more of this strategy with current TR too, ya know.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-19, 20:49   #35
LateRaider
Inactive

THIS IS THE THIRD TOMB RAIDER SLOTS GAME BY THIS COMPANY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
Lara Croft Tomb Raider (2004), by Microgaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpzQor26Cu4

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Secret of the Sword (2008), by Microgaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnDjG8QPsWA

Lara Croft: Temples and Tombs (2019), by Microgaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS3pSJBajzg

It's literally the third TR slots game from this company, why all the drama
hello??!?!?!?!?!?!?! anyone?!?!?!!

this isnt the death of the "real lara croft" no more than clothing lines, a mobage, candy bars, character music albums, or theme park rides are. pull your heads out of your asses for 5 seconds and do your goddamn research.

Last edited by LateRaider; 30-05-19 at 20:51.
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-19, 13:41   #36
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
this isnt the death of the "real lara croft" no more than clothing lines, a mobage, candy bars, character music albums, or theme park rides are. pull your heads out of your asses for 5 seconds and do your goddamn research.
this is different because back then there was real AAA games to go with the slot machines and goodies. Right now the original version of Lara Croft is JUST a slots game.

If anyone think it might signed the end of the classic Lara Croft there is reasons. Just look at the Silent Hill franchise : The last AAA game they were developping was cancelled and a few month later they released a slots game... end of the story and the franchise.
It feels like they're trying to get the last coins they can with the franchise and then bye. We don't know that but maybe a third LC game was planned and then canceled. Now we got the slots games.

So please, do your "goddamn research" yourself and add some context.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-19, 15:27   #37
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheshireBitch View Post
If anyone think it might signed the end of the classic Lara Croft there is reasons. Just look at the Silent Hill franchise : The last AAA game they were developping was cancelled and a few month later they released a slots game... end of the story and the franchise.
It feels like they're trying to get the last coins they can with the franchise and then bye. We don't know that but maybe a third LC game was planned and then canceled. Now we got the slots games.
Nothing is ever final. They're still making Transformers, Star Wars and Ghostbusters movies and basically every popular franchise from the 80's and 90's is being raised from the grave. Silent Hill and Prince of Persia may have disappeared, but those are the exceptions to the rule that the entertainment industry would rather resurrect a decades old franchise than do something original. For once, that creative bankrupcy and fear of going out of their comfort zones may work in our favour. Who knows, maybe a new developer may start making fan-approved games about old-fashioned Lara some day.
Old 31-05-19, 16:49   #38
CheshireBitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
Nothing is ever final. They're still making Transformers, Star Wars and Ghostbusters movies and basically every popular franchise from the 80's and 90's is being raised from the grave. Silent Hill and Prince of Persia may have disappeared, but those are the exceptions to the rule that the entertainment industry would rather resurrect a decades old franchise than do something original. For once, that creative bankrupcy and fear of going out of their comfort zones may work in our favour. Who knows, maybe a new developer may start making fan-approved games about old-fashioned Lara some day.
Honestly Lara was very popular in the 90's but it was a video game, just like POP and Silent Hill. Transformers, Star Wars and Ghostbusters were movies. That's the difference here. I honestly don't see the classic Lara Croft making a comeback in an AAA game, as much as I'd love to. They don't even need that anymore to sell her. They keep making goodies about her that sells like hotcakes so why will they bother with making a game ?

If they do so, it will be in a very very long time I think... not in the near future.
They don't have to raise classic Lara from her 90's grave because she never was really burried. She's still there as a marketing thing, strong enough to sell itself without promotion or games with it. So it will continue to live as this: something to make easy money and that's it. Once the fans will be pissed off and stop buying the brand new classic Lara merchandise that comes out every year, maybe they will reconsider making a game or stop it altogether but in the mean time I don't think anything will really happen even if I really I want to.
CheshireBitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-19, 17:51   #39
LateRaider
Inactive

Quote:
this is different because back then there was real AAA games to go with the slot machines and goodies. Right now the original version of Lara Croft is JUST a slots game.

So please, do your "goddamn research" yourself and add some context.
the last LC game was Lara Croft GO lol. nice try though sometimes spin-offs take a backseat so the main series can develop... sad i know

go cry doom somewhere else
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-19, 20:50   #40
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Honestly Lara was very popular in the 90's but it was a video game, just like POP and Silent Hill. Transformers, Star Wars and Ghostbusters were movies. That's the difference here.
Alright, there's examples of videogames too. Commandos for instance. It wasn't nearly as big of a deal as Tomb Raider in the 90's, but now it's going to get remasters and sequels.

Quote:
They don't have to raise classic Lara from her 90's grave because she never was really burried. She's still there as a marketing thing, strong enough to sell itself without promotion or games with it. So it will continue to live as this: something to make easy money and that's it. Once the fans will be pissed off and stop buying the brand new classic Lara merchandise that comes out every year, maybe they will reconsider making a game or stop it altogether but in the mean time I don't think anything will really happen even if I really I want to.
No I think it's quite the opposite: if nobody wants the Lara Croft slot machines and Lara Croft pencil sharpeners anymore it's a sign for them that Lara Croft is dead.

Anyway, Meagan has said that they are aware of the appeal of Lara Croft and the demand from the fans for new games. That's all we could have done anyway, so mission accomplished. Now it's up to them to make those games. As long as they don't they won't see my money. When they do they will see it. It's that simple.