Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 06-12-19, 21:42   #14021
TokyoSU

you need trng to enable ClassicInventory and the last version at that so it's not faked at all :x
TokyoSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 00:55   #14022
Boobandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
haha omg guys..

The top image is faked using the compass object.. it does not use TRNG stuff.
People used this in the old editors years ago.. I tested that coz I couldn't get the TRNG background image to work.
But now it DOES work - I reinstalled NGLE and TRLE and now it all works fine.. patches and everything
Doesn't it? Because we know what the compass background method is with a flat mesh placed at some distance behind the compass, and you can clearly see it in the picture as the classic inventory plugin changes the compass's fixed position and breaks the illusion.

The main background (green arrow) can't be using the compass object because we can see it. The compass method was imperfect anyway as it doesn't properly fit to the screen. From the screenshot it looks like you're using both the TRNG CUST_BACKGROUND method as well as the downloaded compass.

Hence the confusion. You seem to be asking for help on something that's already working.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 14:00   #14023
Teeth

Hi guys, I'm in a pickle.

With no Emergency Settings I have an extremely laggy inventory, so I turned on Soft Full Screen which fixed it.

For a while I could play on lower resolutions with no issue, but on higher ones everything would be in a tiny box in the top left corner of the screen (the rest of the screen just being pitch black).

But now, no matter what resolution I pick with Soft Full Screen on, the whole screen is always in a tiny box in the corner.

Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to stop this?

Last edited by Teeth; 07-12-19 at 14:02.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 10:41   #14024
Joey79100

Soft Full Screen is meant to be a borderless full screen windowed mode, which is why resolution changes aren't effective when using that mode, because it's meant to use Windows' screen resolution. Why it looks small on your end is weird though. Does your monitor have any scaling options for different resolutions? Maybe you could play with that, to make sure it stretches to the screen resolution. Maybe your graphic card's settings has such an option too.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 18:59   #14025
Teeth

Your advice didn't fix the game, but it did fix some other issues I was having with the display not fitting the screen outside of TRLE, so thanks.

Just feel like there's a solution to the tiny box problem. I feel like I had it before a few years ago and found a way to fix it...

This is what I'm working with.

Last edited by Teeth; 08-12-19 at 19:08.
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 17:49   #14026
sampiza

I want to move a bridge_flat horizontally with an Action trigger but the collision's bridge doesn't move, is there a way to do this?
sampiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 18:36   #14027
Krystian

^ Make sure you put a dummy/regular trigger on every square the bridge can move to
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 18:55   #14028
Mulf

But in that case all the squares with a trigger on them would have a bridge floor from the start, wouldn't they?
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 19:13   #14029
LoreRaider

^yeah they will
One way would probably fake a flipmap, where the new normal or dummy trigger is placed in the right sectors
LoreRaider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 19:31   #14030
Krystian

Indeed you two are correct. I dug up an old, old thread where it was described how to implement something like this: The horizontally moving platform

And the solution indeed uses a flipmap in combination with a door portals and toggle opacity 1... didn't expect it to be this complex
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote