Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 08-08-20, 22:49   #3541
SnatchingEdges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
wow I love that braid, I'd like to see it.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 23:09   #3542
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Honestly , this hairstyle is equally ugly . A simple braid is always better than a rope of poop balls . One of the things I hate about TR1-5 FMV Lara is the fact that it always looked 10 times worse than the in-game model which is ironic when it should be the other way around , in-game hair looked a lot closer to a normal braid than the FMV abomination . Thankgod for AOD's braid .
In the picture of the woman I posted I think it's how snatched tight the ponytail is at her scalp. She'll give herself traction alopecia doing that too much, it looks painful and I'm cringing a bit. I do like the ponytail itself though and a slightly less "styled"/more undone version of it on Lara could be fun.

I agree on FMV Lara in general though. I really hate those models and would never want anything like them to be used in hypothetical classic remakes/remasters. She ironically looked more realistic in the actual game to me, not quite so ridiculously disproportionate, her head was the right size for her body and her features weren't so huge and goofy.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 08-08-20 at 23:11.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-20, 23:25   #3543
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
In the picture of the woman I posted I think it's how snatched tight the ponytail is at her scalp. She'll give herself traction alopecia doing that too much, it looks painful and I'm cringing a bit. I do like the ponytail itself though and a slightly less "styled"/more undone version of it on Lara could be fun.

I agree on FMV Lara in general though. I really hate those models and would never want anything like them to be used in hypothetical classic remakes/remasters. She ironically looked more realistic in the actual game to me, not quite so ridiculously disproportionate, her head was the right size for her body and her features weren't so huge and goofy.
Except for TRL and TRC, that is.

But I agree. Especially the TRII and TRIII model, Lara actually looks quite realistically proportioned. It is a really good early PS1 model. And I also agree with the braid: it looked much better in game, even if it was only just a bunch of rectangules. The FMV braid was just weird looking. Thank god for AoD actually going for a braid.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-20, 23:57   #3544
lance6439

the stealth in TRIII actually works
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 00:07   #3545
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
the stealth in TRIII actually works
It works for what it's trying to do anyway.

My preferred Stealth system is AOD honestly, mainly because actually having to sneak up on dudes with more situational stealth will always appeal more to me than "shoot them in the face while they're not looking.", it's more satisfying to pull off.

Granted, I still prefer Chronicles over 2013/Rise since it still feels more consistently stealth-able with bigger consequences for getting caught, getting caught in stealth in Rise/2013 isn't a big deal and it's really easy to get caught due to wide-open spaces and enemies instant-alerting while in Chronicles the tight corridors means you can more easily see where dudes are and getting spotted is always objectively bad since Guards don't drop ammo and more of them show up, I actually feel the need to be stealth-y somewhat.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 16:31   #3546
puristic jink
Inactive

This just in TRA will always suck.
puristic jink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 17:00   #3547
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post

My preferred Stealth system is AOD honestly, mainly because actually having to sneak up on dudes with more situational stealth will always appeal more to me than "shoot them in the face while they're not looking.", it's more satisfying to pull off.
It's also possible to sneak up on dudes in the reboot games , you do realize it's not always "shoot them in the face while they're not looking" , there are countless options/skills for stealth for the player to pick and choose , it's always up to you .

Anyway , I find AOD's stealth to be actually terrible and repetitive (like literally every single mechanic in the game) , her stealth animations are just a cringe , I never understood the urge to make her so insufferably slow .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 17:37   #3548
Quebsenuef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post

Granted, I still prefer Chronicles over 2013/Rise since it still feels more consistently stealth-able with bigger consequences for getting caught, getting caught in stealth in Rise/2013 isn't a big deal and it's really easy to get caught due to wide-open spaces and enemies instant-alerting while in Chronicles the tight corridors means you can more easily see where dudes are and getting spotted is always objectively bad since Guards don't drop ammo and more of them show up, I actually feel the need to be stealth-y somewhat.
The stealth system in AOD was great, it just needed to be expanded upon.
You only have sneak, hug a wall, peek, and “I’m gonna throw you to the ground and punch you in the head”. If they had more it would’ve been great! Not many places to really use it either.

I do however LOVE to challenge myself to stealth through the entirety of the Strahov! it’s great! I’m not sure how far you can get but you can get well into the Bio Dome without being spotted or just stealth take downs.
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 18:33   #3549
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
It's also possible to sneak up on dudes in the reboot games , you do realize it's not always "shoot them in the face while they're not looking" , there are countless options/skills for stealth for the player to pick and choose , it's always up to you .

Anyway , I find AOD's stealth to be actually terrible and repetitive (like literally every single mechanic in the game) , her stealth animations are just a cringe , I never understood the urge to make her so insufferably slow .
For me, the open sight lines of the reboot games and the fact enemies detect Lara instantly means it's pretty much never worth it to try sneaking up on dudes when you can just shoot them in the head from a distance, you can very easily get instantly spotted by some dude you didn't see.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 18:35   #3550
TR1249

Play Shadow for good stealth segments and how you can hide again after being spotted.
TR1249 is offline   Reply With Quote