Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 24-09-18, 00:44   #1
lance6439

Default If Naughty Dog took over TR

Would you like that? Sorta had a dream that this happened everyone on the forums was happy.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:45   #2
charmedangelin

I would be, they probably would actually create Tomb Raider in a respectful mannor, honoring and celebrating this franchises history.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:46   #3
Samz

I guess it'd be a minor improvement compared to 2013/Rise. (can't say for Shadow, haven't played it)

I've only played Uncharted 1 (over 5 years ago so I remember nothing) and Golden Abyss for the Vita.

The Two-weapon limit and low ammo pick-up rate of it ment I was carefully aiming my shots and the lower-camera angle ment I wasn't head-shotting the medicore AI as often as Reboot.

I would really not like TR to keep being Uncharted though.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:46   #4
laracroftswest

It would be really well made in terms of design, I'll say that.

But I think we wouldn't get the emphasis on gameplay that so many of us obsess over. They might be able to tell a story quite well but I don't think it'd bode well with fans if most of the game has an emphasis on storytelling instead of platforming and and puzzles.

However a TR/Nathan crossover is still a huge dream of mine, peep my avi
laracroftswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:48   #5
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by laracroftswest View Post

But I think we wouldn't get the emphasis on gameplay that so many of us obsess over. They might be able to tell a story quite well but I don't think it'd bode well with fans if most of the game has an emphasis on storytelling instead of platforming and and puzzles.

Uncharted does have puzzles. In fact several of their puzzles are better than Reboot TRs puzzles. Platforming would need to be improved from Uncharted, but for years I've always argued that Uncharted felt like modern TR. Light hearted, fun, crazy, and interesting.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:50   #6
lance6439

Quote:

Can't picture Reboot Lara exploring with Nate. Maybe Classic Lara tho
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:52   #7
Leon2703

I think they are very capable, so if they would respect the 'TR formula', then I suppose they could make an incredible game.
Leon2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:52   #8
Swiz19

I really liked Shadows gameplay. The EM team excelled at gameplay, environments (St Juan is AMAZING) and puzzles so it would be a shame to see them get replaced. However, the writers and animators from Naughty Dog would definitely be a welcomed addition - that's where they show their true talent.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:53   #9
KenchiKun96

On one hand Naughty Dog is praised to high heavens for their storytelling and that's one area where TR is always heavily criticized,so they can fixed those problems,and that'd be nice.

But...I can't have any fun playing ND's games when it comes to the actual gameplay...and the focus on gameplay is what makes TR so fun...
I always enjoy TR more post game,and I don't wanna lose the gamey feeling for such a heavy focus on story like ND does...

Quote:
But I would love to see the devs come together to make something like this. Seeing Nate and Lara interact,the adventure they'd have,and the salt flowing from war between the two fanbases would be exciting!
KenchiKun96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 00:56   #10
Yeauxleaux

It would be absolutely everything I've not liked about the Reboot era, maginified. ****e overly-linear gameplay with way too many gunfights, way too cinematic, a Lara who is even less like Lara than she currently is. Absolutely not. I could literally think of nothing worse for TR at this point.

(I would like to see Amy Hennig direct a TR game though, she's incredibly talented, funny now she's been cast out of Naughty Dog while their new male creative director grandstands about "feminism!" for PR. Lol tried it.)

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 24-09-18 at 00:58.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote