www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-12-19, 00:46   #101
iWANEX
Golden
 
iWANEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Not one bit of that has anything to do with the point I made.

So all of that entire post was for nothing.
Bull****. You posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I couldn’t rush off ahead to find the box. I had to take my time rescuing some tribal kid, walking at a snails pace through the city, and then on top of that, getting asked , not even doing them, but getting asked to do chores by people while the world is coming to an end and everyone supposedly is aware of it.
And I went to explain that you're wrong. First of all because you don't spend any time rescuing any tribal kid or walking at a snails pace, etc. In fact, everything you do in Paititi is tied directly to finding the silver box as soon as possible. It also highlights what you and other people have said that Paititi breaks the pace of the game. It does not. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.

So yeah, my reply to you has everything to do with the point you made.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
At no point during the visit to Paititi are you forced to stop the main story plot, if you play following the story, it's all about find the box. IWanex explained it perfectly, so I won't repeat it.

Thank you for reading, Rai. Apparently my post wasn't as useless as Sora implied.

Last edited by iWANEX; 16-12-19 at 01:01.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 01:13   #102
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 12,190
Default

I feel like I need to highlight certain parts of my massive response before.

Honestly it doesn't matter much at this point since Shadow proved that despite how we feel about Paititi if they wanted to do it again, they will do it again. What matters to them is the bottom line and if the bottom line says Paititi part 2 then that's exactly what they are going to do.

Only way to fix it is to hand the franchise over to someone who will be more respectful of it and not quickly cut it up for the sake of the bottom line. But I believe we are well past this point. No other developer would ever work on this franchise probably, CD made their name in it and they will keep it and do what they will regardless of anyone or anything else.
__________________
Ubisoft Brought back Classic Lara ^_^
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 02:41   #103
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Bull****. You posted:



And I went to explain that you're wrong. First of all because you don't spend any time rescuing any tribal kid or walking at a snails pace, etc. In fact, everything you do in Paititi is tied directly to finding the silver box as soon as possible. It also highlights what you and other people have said that Paititi breaks the pace of the game. It does not. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO.

So yeah, my reply to you has everything to do with the point you made.


Thank you for reading, Rai. Apparently my post wasn't as useless as Sora implied.
It doesn’t have anything to do with what I said.

I didn’t say Paititi forces you to stop the main story. I said the main story itself, in Paititi slows down. It lacks that urgency. I specifically said “Ignoring the side missions”. Yet you keep acting as if I’m talking about them.

So yes. Useless. The entire post was useless.

Edit: Rescuing Etzli, the slow walk through Paititi are all part of the main story and are not optional quests. Did you not play the game? You should. It’s really good. It’s called, “Shadow of the Tomb Raider.” I recommend it.

Again, this needs re-iterating but I am NOT TALKING about side missions. AT ALL.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."

Last edited by SoraSakai; 16-12-19 at 02:45.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 04:08   #104
EzioMaverick
Explorer
 
EzioMaverick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Outside of Outfit Restrictiti
Posts: 531
Default

Quote:
So why Paititi gets so much hate here ?
Ummm, where do i start?
__________________
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why, i left the Manor at all. | Shadow Modder.
EzioMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 11:59   #105
SnatchingEdges
Explorer
 
SnatchingEdges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
You can eat whatever they put on your plate, but some of us are a bit more cultured.
Relating this topic to 'culture' cleary reflects some kind of personal issues, and basically calling me 'more uncultured than you' isn't the way to go. Get off your high horse because it's not that high and it's actually a lame donkey.

If they put me something new on my plate, I'm gonna try it. If I like it, I like it; if I hate it, I hate it, but I'm not gonna dismiss it because it's never been in my plate before. You wanna get angry at everything they try, okay, have fun in your negativity ride
__________________
Look at the edges I snatched today!
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 12:02   #106
iWANEX
Golden
 
iWANEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Spain
Posts: 5,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
It doesn’t have anything to do with what I said.

I didn’t say Paititi forces you to stop the main story. I said the main story itself, in Paititi slows down. It lacks that urgency. I specifically said “Ignoring the side missions”. Yet you keep acting as if I’m talking about them.
Look, when you quote a post and then reply, you're supposed to be replying to what's in the quoted part. That's how it usually works. My reply to you is a direct response to the quoted part. It has everything to do with what's been said there. I specifically highlighted how and why the story keeps on going without any major disturbance. Every cutscene and every mission is about finding the silver box or Lara finding out clues about her mission. Paititi has the same urgency Kuwaq Yaku or San Juan have. And yet nobody seems to have a problem with those hubs at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
So yes. Useless. The entire post was useless.
Well, Rai read it and agreed with me, as can others, since this is a public forum. So my post is far from useless. What's useless was reading your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Edit: Rescuing Etzli, the slow walk through Paititi are all part of the main story and are not optional quests. Did you not play the game? You should. It’s really good. It’s called, “Shadow of the Tomb Raider.” I recommend it.
There's no point in the story in which you go recuing Etzli. Please, PAY ATTENTION to the game. Lara clears the path to the cenote so that she can reach her goal and so that Unuratu can save Etzli because both things are nearby. The things she does in that mission are the same things she would've done anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Again, this needs re-iterating but I am NOT TALKING about side missions. AT ALL.
Again, I wasn't even talking about the side missions. I specifically quoted a part of your posts in which you said things that are factually wrong and corrected you.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 16:42   #107
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 12,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnatchingEdges View Post
Relating this topic to 'culture' cleary reflects some kind of personal issues, and basically calling me 'more uncultured than you' isn't the way to go. Get off your high horse because it's not that high and it's actually a lame donkey.

If they put me something new on my plate, I'm gonna try it. If I like it, I like it; if I hate it, I hate it, but I'm not gonna dismiss it because it's never been in my plate before. You wanna get angry at everything they try, okay, have fun in your negativity ride
Was that the best you've got? Lame donkey? Ha ha ha, I laugh.

It would be nice if they prepared an Italian dish since I am sitting in an Italian restaurant. I don't care how many ways they try to gentrify the dish, if I'm paying for Italian then give me Italian. You can play around and experiment with the recipes you have, but don't serve me some gentrified nonsense that has absolutely nothing Italian really in it.

Negativity ride? Are we like 12 now?
__________________
Ubisoft Brought back Classic Lara ^_^
charmedangelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 20:06   #108
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Paititi has the same urgency Kuwaq Yaku or San Juan have. And yet nobody seems to have a problem with those hubs at
The reason those hubs aren’t being brought up is because this isn’t a thread asking what people dislike about them. This asked what we disliked about Paititi. Of course, as a whole, I think Shadow has pacing issues and a lack of urgency after she finds Jonah in the jungle. But why would I even be talking about that in a thread that asked why I dislike something else?

Why do you not get that...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Again, I wasn't even talking about the side missions. I specifically quoted a part of your posts in which you said things that are factually wrong and corrected you.
I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Again, some of you should really play the game without all the side content and really pay attention to the story.
You were.

Also, “factually wrong”? Wtf? Neither of us are factually wrong. I’m expressing my own personal opinion on it. The reasons why I dislike something don’t have to align with you.

Me thinking the game lacks urgency doesn’t mean everyone else needs to feel the same way as me.

Did you only come into this thread to pounce at anyone and everyone who has the slightest criticism for the game...? You KNEW this thread was about discussing why Paititi is disliked and all you’re doing is condescendingly lashing out at people who are explaining the reasons.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 20:45   #109
Costel
Archaeologist
 
Costel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 2,249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
The reason those hubs aren’t being brought up is because this isn’t a thread asking what people dislike about them. This asked what we disliked about Paititi. Of course, as a whole, I think Shadow has pacing issues and a lack of urgency after she finds Jonah in the jungle. But why would I even be talking about that in a thread that asked why I dislike something else?

Why do you not get that...?



I mean...



You were.

Also, “factually wrong”? Wtf? Neither of us are factually wrong. I’m expressing my own personal opinion on it. The reasons why I dislike something don’t have to align with you.

Me thinking the game lacks urgency doesn’t mean everyone else needs to feel the same way as me.

Did you only come into this thread to pounce at anyone and everyone who has the slightest criticism for the game...? You KNEW this thread was about discussing why Paititi is disliked and all you’re doing is condescendingly lashing out at people who are explaining the reasons.
I dont think you know what condescendingly looks like even if it dances naked in front of you.
__________________
I only like Reboot Tomb Raider games and I am proud of that.
Costel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 20:48   #110
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costel View Post
I dont think you know what condescendingly looks like even if it dances naked in front of you.
Other than to be argumentative, what was the point of that comment?
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.