Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 12-01-20, 11:02   #1
hey007

Default old ps4 then new ps4

i have a ps4, it was one of the 1st batch consoles and it has that random reject disc problem, it's so random when it does it duing a game or film. i just wondered if i was to get a more newer ps4 console, how about the saved game data from the old console, can it be transferred over? i dont play online, just single player so i might be buggered as i bet if your online you can save stuff to your account then just login to share data. i was hoping you could bluetooth from one console to another.
hey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 11:37   #2
Zsott

You don't necessarily need a new console. I had the same problem, and removing the rubber leg under the disc reader solved it.

Edit: in any case, you can make a backup from your games, also the saved data. You need an external hard disk or a usb key. You shouldn't have a compatibility problem.

Last edited by Zsott; 12-01-20 at 11:40.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 20:11   #3
hey007

thanks, i kept thinking about getting a newer ps4 pro, i think there's much difference there. i took that rubber below away but it just seems to randomly eject disc, it's like where i try to play red redemption 2 and about 10mins in to game it rejects disc lol its annoying. sometimes i can play for an hour with no problems, it's strange. i gave my ps4 to my friend awhile ago so he could update the console to see if that would help but no luck. it seems that the 1st batch of ps4s have this trouble so ive heard.
hey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 20:56   #4
Quebsenuef

If you have PS+ you can move your data to the cloud, and then download it from the cloud

You can also move everything to a external hard drive and do it that way if you don’t have PS+

The other way that I did was get your new PS4 and your old one. You can transfer the data between them using an Ethernet cable. There’s some on screen instructions on the PS4. Just make sure they’re both on and connected to the same WiFi, I think. It takes a few hours depending on how much data you have, but it worked for me the two times I did it. Haven’t lost anything and everything works great!
Quebsenuef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-20, 13:10   #5
Zsott

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey007 View Post
t it just seems to randomly eject disc, it's like where i try to play red redemption 2 and about 10mins in to game it rejects disc lol its annoying.
I get it, I got multiple heart attacks, when mine rejected the discs while beeping like crazy.
You might be right tho, it could be a softwer issue. Still, I'm going to ask the obvious: are the buttons being pressed? (since they've sensors, there might be something that triggers ejection) Is the slot for the disc is clean?

Finally, you could try to move your saved data to a usb (it's unlikely it'll be more than 1gb) and do a hard reset on your console, wiping clean the machine and reset every app to factory settings.
If the disc ejection still persist, then you need a new console. Try to look for a plce, where they can cash the old one in.
I don't know if your machine is still under varranty, but if it is, then it could be replaced for free. (going by european customer service)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quebsenuef View Post
The other way that I did was get your new PS4 and your old one. You can transfer the data between them using an Ethernet cable.
I didn't know about this!
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote