www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 29-11-21, 16:00   #631
Arsunt
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Sweet!

I'm just wondering (not even thinking about you implementing it), but would it theoretically be possible to patch 3D models for the secrets in on the fly? I assume they work the same as all the other pickups, except that they do not have 3D versions in the level file, right?
So if someone were to provide geometry data for them they could - in theory - be patched into the levels on the fly, right?
Textures will probably be an issue, since those aren't part of the level files as well - unless we treat them as very thin objects and use the sprite for the side-faces and only use an appropriate color for the thin side-faces...
... which also makes them more or less the same as sprites, with the disadvantage that they won't be seen as well as the spites since the 3d objects probably won't turn with the camera like sprites do, right?
Only as external model import on-fly. Maybe as outfit importer prototype.
Old 01-12-21, 15:00   #632
tomblover
Legend

Is anyone else having problems getting the latest dev build to run?

"Tomb Raider II" shows up in the taskbar, but nothing else happens on-screen (it doesn't even go black ), and I have to use the Task Manager to regain control of my PC, which says Tomb2.exe is not responding.

My current setup is kind of messy, but I have the same issue trying to run the dev build on a fresh STEAM install, so...
Old 04-12-21, 11:46   #633
ATombRaiderFan
Historian

Hi. Just to make a small suggestion for Golden Mask. I've noticed that Lara uses a orange health bar and a grey breath bar during story mode, but in the manor (when playing GM) the health/breath bars are red and blue instead. Would you consider, if possible, changing the GM manor bars to orange and grey to match story mode? I think it would be a nice change to have for consistency.
ATombRaiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-22, 13:56   #634
Fenris77
Hobbyist

Hi Arsunt, any succes with increasing the max save file size yet?

Greetings and best wishes.
Fenris77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-22, 14:03   #635
MartimMonteiro
Student

Default Request: PS1 Widescreen Mode for TR2Main

Hello Arsunt!

I would like to know if it's possible to add a PS1 widescreen mode option to TR2Main. I've been playing the classics using the Duckstation emulator and I noticed that the widescreen mode is different. I personally prefer the PS1 widescreen mode, so I tried to replicate the effect using the "widescreen_tomb_raider_234" patch but it doesn't work on TR2Main... I tried doing the same thing with the TR3 .exe and it worked. Here's the difference:

These are the settings I used to get the PS1 widescreen effect on the PC version of TR3:

Last edited by MartimMonteiro; 19-01-22 at 15:45.
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 15:17   #636
archfiend
Historian

It's a little bit out of topic but you're using TR2 shotgun model. Is that a mod or you just add it yourself?
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 16:20   #637
MartimMonteiro
Student

^ It's a mod you can find it here: https://youtu.be/bP-sx815cz8
MartimMonteiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 16:29   #638
Ewerton Pires
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
Hello Arsunt!

I would like to know if it's possible to add a PS1 widescreen mode option to TR2Main. I've been playing the classics using the Duckstation emulator and I noticed that the widescreen mode is different. I personally prefer the PS1 widescreen mode, so I tried to replicate the effect using the "widescreen_tomb_raider_234" patch but it doesn't work on TR2Main... I tried doing the same thing with the TR3 .exe and it worked. Here's the difference:

These are the settings I used to get the PS1 widescreen effect on the PC version of TR3:

I already considered the idea of ​​him bringing this aspect ratio to the game, however, he refused and said he would never bring this option to the game. It's very sad, unfortunately not everyone can adjust the screen settings to achieve this aspect ratio, however, let's wait for some kind soul to bring a patch that can bring this screen aspect to TR2Main.
Old 21-01-22, 14:17   #639
archfiend
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartimMonteiro View Post
^ It's a mod you can find it here: https://youtu.be/bP-sx815cz8
Thanks. Shotgun looks great. Wish the M16 model wasn't included in the model though.
archfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 15:52   #640
fleu
Hobbyist

Hello everyone

Using the latest installer from GOG and this patch. When starting the original game without patch. music works fine. But not when i install this patch. Already changed the map from audio to music and vice versa. downloaded the cdaudio.mp3 instead of all the files seperatly as gog provides them. any suggestions?

thanks in advance

*edit*
FIXED
was using an old patch, with the developers build everything works fine

Last edited by fleu; 21-01-22 at 16:07.
fleu is offline   Reply With Quote