www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 25-08-18, 04:03   #1
jackraider
Archaeologist

Default The Ultimate Tomb Raider 1 Experience would be...

Here is what TR1 needs for the ultimate experience:

-TombATI w/ updated music from the Tomb Raider Suite and HD FMV's

-TR2 Lara model with or without braid (due to TR1's lack of braid physics). However, cover up her cleavage so it's essentially the same top from the original.

-Somehow bring in the mid-flip and underwater roll functions into the TR1 engine.

-New sprites HQ sprites for the flames, etc.

-Skybox for Lost Valley and Colosseum levels. Or ability to change hue of draw distance so it's not black.

-underwater blue fog effect as seen w/ PowerVr video card (maybe ability to change hue) :https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=5GMesT4WKzI

-PSX/SAT blue water hue. Also, SAT "wavy" water effect.

-TR2 texture updates for Lara's Home. Also, add kitchen and Lara's room/bathroom for kicks. Update the sky textures outside the windows.

-Update sfx w/ TR3 sounds for weapons/footsteps. Mixture of TR2/TR3 sounds for Lara sfx.

Last edited by jackraider; 25-08-18 at 04:22.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-18, 05:24   #2
Maverin
Explorer

I personally think that changing all those things would take away from the original and nostalgic feeling. You can already change the water hue if you're using TombATI. There is also a mod around which gives Lara a ponytail, much like seen in early beta's. It's stiff though and doesn't have movement physics. I'm not sure if the other things can be changed that easily (they might be hardcoded). Your best bet would be to find a level editor project that rebuilt this game from scratch.
Old 25-08-18, 13:41   #3
jackraider
Archaeologist

No tr4 engine ..has to be tr1 engine bro

Last edited by jackraider; 25-08-18 at 13:45.
jackraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 07:07   #4
Dustie
Relic Hunter

I sort of agree with Marvin, to me that would just be TR2/3 with TR1 levels...

What I would love to see would be:

- pretty much exactly what OpenLara is doing in terms of the graphics update, meaning nice new lighting with dynamic shadows and water surface

- original textures, but upscaled for higher quality the way Let's Enhance or similar services do it, so that the images are the same but enhanced

- original sounds, but in high quality

- all music added back, like in the PS1 version, but in the original shape, not the Suite recordings

- sprites replaced with objects and particle effects

- objects/statics updated to include a bit more detail

- ability to adjust water color and gamma/brightness/contrast of lights and shadows

- I don't really mind the lack of skybox, but I guess I wouldn't mind if it was added back

- as a "stretch goal" I'd put implementing joints for enemies and Lara, so the models are easier on the eyes (requires models to be modified a bit)
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 18:09   #5
Famicom
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverin View Post
I personally think that changing all those things would take away from the original and nostalgic feeling. You can already change the water hue if you're using TombATI. There is also a mod around which gives Lara a ponytail, much like seen in early beta's. It's stiff though and doesn't have movement physics. I'm not sure if the other things can be changed that easily (they might be hardcoded). Your best bet would be to find a level editor project that rebuilt this game from scratch.
Exactly my thought.
Old 06-09-18, 00:35   #6
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I sort of agree with Marvin, to me that would just be TR2/3 with TR1 levels...

What I would love to see would be:

- pretty much exactly what OpenLara is doing in terms of the graphics update, meaning nice new lighting with dynamic shadows and water surface

- original textures, but upscaled for higher quality the way Let's Enhance or similar services do it, so that the images are the same but enhanced

- original sounds, but in high quality

- all music added back, like in the PS1 version, but in the original shape, not the Suite recordings

- sprites replaced with objects and particle effects

- objects/statics updated to include a bit more detail

- ability to adjust water color and gamma/brightness/contrast of lights and shadows

- I don't really mind the lack of skybox, but I guess I wouldn't mind if it was added back

- as a "stretch goal" I'd put implementing joints for enemies and Lara, so the models are easier on the eyes (requires models to be modified a bit)
This would be awesome to me.
Old 07-09-18, 17:42   #7
Dustie
Relic Hunter

That's pretty much how I picture a "remastered" version of Tomb Raider 1, as well as the other four.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote