www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 14-11-17, 09:54   #34491
rewak
Professor

The Last of Us

I'm way behind picking this one up. It's frustrating, why build this world and establish the main threat as these spored out mutants and have me fight mainly generic asshats with guns? That's not what I want to see or fight, I want to see what this infection is doing. I'm pushing on with it because I like the story so far, but I'm getting real tired of sneaking around guys with guns. That's not what I want to play and it makes the infection feel like nothing, totally undermining the entire point of the story. It's giving off heavy I Am Alive vibes, which was a terrible game.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-17, 11:26   #34492
robm_2007
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
The Last of Us

I'm way behind picking this one up. It's frustrating, why build this world and establish the main threat as these spored out mutants and have me fight mainly generic asshats with guns? That's not what I want to see or fight, I want to see what this infection is doing. I'm pushing on with it because I like the story so far, but I'm getting real tired of sneaking around guys with guns. That's not what I want to play and it makes the infection feel like nothing, totally undermining the entire point of the story. It's giving off heavy I Am Alive vibes, which was a terrible game.
To give it enemy variety, I guess. Also because in a post-apocalyptic setting featuring a virus/plague/etc., it's not going to be just the infected that are dangerous, the people, too. Just like in The Walking Dead, Fallout, etc. (and later Resident Evil games, where the "zombies" get guns, too ).

There's a lot of stealth involved in dealing with the infected, too. The human enemies gives their attacks range, the infected makes them melee (up close and personal).

And the story with the infection is merely a passing mention. It's just the setting, really, to give the overall narrative of Joel/Ellie's adventures context, which is where the main "story" is.
Old 14-11-17, 11:57   #34493
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna┤s Wish View Post
I think I can't dodge it properly either. But I find his fall from the ceiling worse as a whole...the blood dripping, how deadly it is and the tension it causes altogether. You are far warned of what he will do, so you're all that time expecting him. It builds adrenaline like nothing else in the game. Oh, Ludwig.

You'll see that the second stage isn't that hard. If the fight was the other way around with the horse on steroids for the 2nd half, people would have far more trouble.

EDIT: I beat Vicar Amelia last night on NG+. So I might join you in the DLC. Ludwig, here I come!
Sweet!

I'm dead bored at work right now, morning shifts through the week are always dreadfully slow, so I was just sitting here pondering about the game, and how just last night I sold all the different spells I'd collected, and thus I randomly realized that on my next playthrough, I do want to be a badass fox with a cane and tentacles shooting out of her arm! Arcane build, see you soon.
Old 15-11-17, 03:32   #34494
domino92
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna┤s Wish View Post
^ Ludwig <3

I told you the DLC would make you feel weak again. Ludwig is a great welcome to the party. And the hardest boss you've found (so far)
The second part of the fight is easier than the first one. At least he's less of a horse.
Ludwig is my favourite boss in the game, mostly because you need to change your playstyle completely mid-way through the fight.

Prior to halfway you can safely spam dodges and get away with long combos that drain most of your stamina. In the second half you want to take fewer swipes and time your dodges far more carefully.
Old 15-11-17, 06:44   #34495
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

Bloodborne

So last night, I decided I couldn't wait any longer and just went ahead and created my to-be-an-arcane-lord character. Gave her the cane, sort of speedran through the initial route, took down the Cleric Beast (and boi did it take a while with that cane and Cruel Fate).

Then I switched back to my former character, expecting to struggle with Ludwig now that I got semi-used to the cane, but nu uh, guy went down on second attempt! And that might be just because I once again brought Henriett along the first time around.

So I went upstairs, struggled for a bit with one of the hunters there (it's so dark in the jail corridor! D': ), and theeeeen...I caved, bought DS2 for PS4 as well, so I installed that and created my to-be-a-dual-wielding-demigod character there. I also have to say I was immediately struck by the wonderful performance, and instantly drooled over the idea of Bloodborne at 60fps. :C
Old 15-11-17, 08:21   #34496
Mani_Man
Professor

Shadow of War (Ps4)

Damn i already love the game so much.
There is nothing better than prey on an Uruk captain or slicing your way through dozens of Uruks with a smooth combat system that makes you feel so very powerful.

I havent done much story so far but already killed around 20 uruk captains. XD
I love the photo mode that lets me document all the encounters and how they ended, a bloody spectacle it is.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 09:51   #34497
ANoDE
Golden

Assassin's Creed: Origins
I needed a distraction from ME:A, so I started this one early. So far it seems to be quite good. Just finished Siwa, and up to now gameplay and story are convincing. The map infortunately is quite hard to read (white on yellow doesn't give much room for contrast), but the 'expanding open world' concept has started to grow on me. I also like that they spent a lot of time giving each weapon a specific trait - like special animations and stuff. Not too big a fan of the combat system though - one more reason to stay hidden and avoid combat where possible.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-17, 10:27   #34498
Yuna┤s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92 View Post
Ludwig is my favourite boss in the game, mostly because you need to change your playstyle completely mid-way through the fight.

Prior to halfway you can safely spam dodges and get away with long combos that drain most of your stamina. In the second half you want to take fewer swipes and time your dodges far more carefully.
I'm the only one who finds Ludwig, the Holy Blade easier than the Accursed D:

My favourite is Orphan, for it is relentless and screams as if it was in constant unbearable pain. And in the second phase it all gets more intense My most feared is Maria...it's a dance that either goes excellent or terrible to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
Bloodborne

So last night, I decided I couldn't wait any longer and just went ahead and created my to-be-an-arcane-lord character. Gave her the cane, sort of speedran through the initial route, took down the Cleric Beast (and boi did it take a while with that cane and Cruel Fate).

Then I switched back to my former character, expecting to struggle with Ludwig now that I got semi-used to the cane, but nu uh, guy went down on second attempt! And that might be just because I once again brought Henriett along the first time around.

So I went upstairs, struggled for a bit with one of the hunters there (it's so dark in the jail corridor! D': ), and theeeeen...I caved, bought DS2 for PS4 as well, so I installed that and created my to-be-a-dual-wielding-demigod character there. I also have to say I was immediately struck by the wonderful performance, and instantly drooled over the idea of Bloodborne at 60fps. :C
The Souls bug bit you really hard, huh? Bloodborne at 60fps would have been a bless...but I guess the PS4 couldn't handle it. Or From Software didn't know how to. DS2's simplicity allowed it.

-------

I meant to play Bloodborne, but I ended up playing Sonic Mania. I got home late and I needed to unwind for about half an hour. So Knuckles in Flying Battery, Press Garden and Stardust Speedway was the way to go

If I find it in me tonight, I'd like to resume Bloodborne. If not, there is always Sonic Mania.
Old 15-11-17, 11:17   #34499
jarekhanzelka
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna┬┤s Wish View Post

The Souls bug bit you really hard, huh? Bloodborne at 60fps would have been a bless...but I guess the PS4 couldn't handle it. Or From Software didn't know how to. DS2's simplicity allowed it.
It always does.

Well of what I heard Bloodborne didn't get any update treatment for the PS4 Pro either, so I imagine FromSoft indeed just didn't know how to. But whatevs, much like DS1 it's still perfectly enjoyable as is. Though the framerate certainly does struggle beautifully whenever the camera gets a closer look at any of the more complex effects.

Urgh, even when just writing this, sitting at work, I'm just beyond eager to get home and go back to the DLC. :C
Old 15-11-17, 11:23   #34500
Yuna┤s Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarekhanzelka View Post
Urgh, even when just writing this, sitting at work, I'm just beyond eager to get home and go back to the DLC. :C
I know the feeling

Read some lore theories. They'll make you want it even more