Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 24-01-20, 18:45   #1111
tombraider4ever

Thanks!
I might make another try with it at some point, I have probably saved the scene so I can just load it and make some tweeks. Give her more muscles and tweek the pose, make her waist a bit wider in profile .

I love those original concept arts also, so very awesome and inspiring .
tombraider4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 18:57   #1112
Aerie

I love the picture with loose hair. Very well done.
Aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-20, 22:32   #1113
tombraider4ever

Thanks!
Old 27-02-20, 20:01   #1114
tombraider4ever

There doesn't seam to be so much interest in my renders here anymore, but I tought I post a few of my latest renders anyway . No creepy Lara/uncanny valley comments please, constructive criticism is ok but not direct insults.

Click the picks for the bigger size

Angel of Darkness Classic:

One of the 3 renders I made for Lara's birthday :

New Lara model inspired by an artwork w a Lara design here: clicky

I made a new Lara model inspired by the classic Lara model in the recent Brawlhalla crossover:

Old 27-02-20, 20:35   #1115
Amunet

^Question: Did you change the face for the 3rd and 5th render? She looks better to me in those.

The Angel of Darkness model looks really good too.

And I absolutely love this one:

Great job!
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 21:20   #1116
tombraider4ever

Thank you so much for the reply and compliments!

The 3rd and 5th render was made with my AoD Lara model, the same as in the AoD classic render . I got some positive feedback about that model so I have been using it more lately. I made the AoD Lara model a few years ago, following advice I got in this thread and using my Lara fmv model as a base. I dialed it down a bit I think, and made some changes, trying to make her look like AoD Lara .

The Lara model in the last render was inspired by the Brawlhalla TR crossover, I used my AoD Lara as a base, about 70%, and used some other head and body morphs.
Old 27-02-20, 22:01   #1117
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraider4ever View Post
Thank you so much for the reply and compliments!

The 3rd and 5th render was made with my AoD Lara model, the same as in the AoD classic render . I got some positive feedback about that model so I have been using it more lately. I made the AoD Lara model a few years ago, following advice I got in this thread and using my Lara fmv model as a base. I dialed it down a bit I think, and made some changes, trying to make her look like AoD Lara .

The Lara model in the last render was inspired by the Brawlhalla TR crossover, I used my AoD Lara as a base, about 70%, and used some other head and body morphs.
You're welcome!

I really like that AoD Lara model. If you asked me to explain what I prefer on that model over your fmv Lara, I couldn't say, but whatever changes you've made really work for me.

I hope you use the Brawlhalla-inspired model for more renders too.
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 22:46   #1118
tombraider4ever

I will definitely use the Brawlhalla Lara in more renders, I think she along with my Fmv Lara and AoD Lara will become my most used models, I'm happy with how she turned out .
Old 03-03-20, 15:49   #1119
Cat Woman

I’m still a little confused on how the renders are made, but I really enjoy checking periodically to see if you have posted new ones. Nice you have a hobby that you enjoy.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-20, 22:50   #1120
tombraider4ever

Cat Woman: My renders are made with a 3D rendering program called Daz Studio. I read somewhere that someone used to explain working with 3D renders to those unfamiliar with it as a digital photo studio and that's a good explanation.
I use my Lara that I have made all inside Daz Studio and choose the clothes and hair for her, pose her the way I want or choose a pose set from ready made pose-sets. Set the scene/background and then I set up the lights the way I want and choose camera angle,
make the finial adjustments to the rendering settings and hit render.

I love working with my Lara models, I can hardly stand to do anything else so it's more than a hobby for me. I work pretty much full time on my renders. I can't sell them as they involve the TR copyright also, I have copyright over my renders, but since they obviously
are supposed to be Lara Croft I can't sell them. The work is it's own reward, but I see comments here and on facebook, twitter, deviantart, likes, retweets and shares as my reward and salary so it's truly means a lot to me ♥.

A friend, Fredels, has suggested I start using Patreon clicky as that would be different, people would support me as an artist with a subscription and receive rewards like exclusive renders and stuff like that. I'm not sure thought, I'll think about it. Fredels is probably going to be on there and I'll be one of or the first subscribers . He's planing to have online tutorials on how to make your own models and free access to his TR models I think for the biggest tier , I think he is going to be very successful at Patreon, can't wait to support him! ♥

Here are some of my latest renders, click the picks for the full size . BTW, these new renders were all made with my Lara Fmv model at 85%, to make a slightly, very slightly lol, more realistic model .

I made a casual version of that render also here: clicky

I have started to post some preview teaser picks on facebook and twitter as a thanks to my followers, I have received a lot of support here also over the years so I'll post the latest here as well. The 2 catsuit renders are made with my new Brawlhalla Lara, the other of the same Lara as above in new style adventure outfit I bought recently .
Here's my facebook fanart page: clicky and here's my twitter: clicky

I have just finished a render with the Brawlhalla Lara in long loose hair in the South Pacific outfit, I'll think about posting a preview pick or not ... .