www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 22-01-18, 21:29   #34601
dcw123
Relic Hunter

This still amazing 20 yr old game!

I forgot how hard this Battle Mode could get on higher difficulties!
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-18, 13:04   #34602
lcroft_lc
Tomb Raider

• Dishonored 2
Old 25-01-18, 11:58   #34603
BluenoseGames
Relic Hunter

God of War III for the first time but I'm not really enjoying it. The game is just extremely repetitive and button mashing isn't fun.
Old 26-01-18, 20:05   #34604
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Dark Souls 3, enjoying it so far, it feels more fast past than the other two.
Old 27-01-18, 19:27   #34605
ANoDE
Golden

Horizon Zero Dawn.

I actually wanted to play something on PC - but the PS4's exclusives are just too good to ignore.

Edit: So far I've really mixed feelings about it. Storywise it seems to be a great one, but I can't really get the hang of the controls. Combat is confusing amd overwhelming for me and traversal is clunky and slow. Invisible walls just about everywhere and its very illogigal what Aloy is able to grab and what not. Just because it's not colored white is no reason for not being grabbable.

Last edited by ANoDE; 28-01-18 at 19:07.
ANoDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-18, 08:53   #34606
Tomb_of_Darkns
Professor

Just got Dragon Ball FighterZ and omg its sooo fun! I literally can’t stop playing. And it’s so easy to just get in there and button mash and feel awesome. However, much like tekken and other fighting games, it’s incredibly difficult to master with manual combos, instead of the auto combos. I’m striving to get better and to really master it. It’s one of the hardest fighting games I’ve had to play simply because there is so much you can do, it makes every game so interesting.
I’m so happy that this is finally the Dragon Ball game I’ve been waiting for and it’s literally a dream come true.
Tomb_of_Darkns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-18, 09:07   #34607
Mickybyrne20
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Horizon Zero Dawn.
Edit: So far I've really mixed feelings about it. Storywise it seems to be a great one, but I can't really get the hang of the controls. Combat is confusing amd overwhelming for me and traversal is clunky and slow. Invisible walls just about everywhere and its very illogigal what Aloy is able to grab and what not. Just because it's not colored white is no reason for not being grabbable.
Well, I must say I felt exactly the same way. The controls are easy, but you have to use all your weapons, and roll a lot to escape enemy attacks. Running and jumping just don't work, even though Rost did say that you could avoid hits that way, you can't. Always roll. For the love of God buy a new bow, and get some decent upgrades for it. I'm so dumb I had the crappiest bow until the end.

My advice is don't forget to sell things to merchants, for metal shards. Everyone plays differently so it's a choice, but the ropecaster is great for pinning enemies down, therefore stopping attacks and inflicting damage to said robot. The slingshot is also a very effective weapon. Try and use all your weapons and spam, spam, spam away.

Have fun.

Last edited by Mickybyrne20; 29-01-18 at 09:08.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-18, 09:23   #34608
Mani_Man
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
Horizon Zero Dawn.

I actually wanted to play something on PC - but the PS4's exclusives are just too good to ignore.

Cant really say that the Combat is a problem, its a bit tedious but overall i like it.
Especially that the Weaknesses and so on really are important and you need to use different bows etc for different enemys.
Combat has a lot of potential.

Traversal is however really clunky and slow yeah.
Its confusing as it gets, some ledges you can grab but others that look the same not...very weird.
It looks bad when you have those yellow indicators that tell you when you can climb and so on...it takes you a bit out of the game.
Despite all the movement Aloy has, she feels very heavy often.
Rolling is not as smooth, the jumping is awkward.

Overall i have a lot of fun with the game, but Aloy is far from being as agile and all as you expect from a character in that world.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-18, 00:04   #34609
KManX89
Historian

I just got Monster Hunter: World. This game is absolutely amazing. The open worlds and combat are very polished. The game offers tons of new weapons to choose from, each with a unique playing style to keep the game from getting stale, and the monster battles are so much fun, it keeps me coming back for more. The levels are beautifully-designed with tons of side quests and weapons to craft, offering the game infinite replayability. There's no shortage of content, either: the game's single-player campaign lasts over 50 hours.

Without question, this game is a contender for game of the year. If you like JRPGs or Dark Souls-type action games, you'll love this game.

Capcom games with a budget look and play good, who knew?
KManX89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-18, 16:59   #34610
klona
Gold-

Playing Tomb Raider 4 on stream.
https://www.twitch.tv/klona/
I'm in the second half of Cairo.