Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding > XNALara

Old 02-07-13, 03:29   #931
Philmister978

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxasKennedy View Post
If you're not using the latest version, the problem is likely due to a killswitch that was implemented.

Basically, it makes the older versions non-functional after some time.

Basically, if you don't want to download the newest version of XPS, just change the date on your computer.
No, I do have the recent version and it still won't start up.

Is there an explanation for that?
Philmister978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 06:08   #932
Goha

With all seriousness: nope, especially when only you saw what's in your error message (if there is any). And tbh, even with that we can't really help, because they contain code instead of, well, your typical error message.

Usually when it crashes for me, the configuration file is the culprit. Deleting the .cfg file helps.

If it's the "killswitch" Roxas nicely named, I think I'll stick to this one, either update or change the date of your desktop. If you updated to the recent version and the problem persists, update to alpha/beta/whatever is in development right now.

There's no detailed FAQ or troubleshooting list that could help. Either you have to check if all supporting installations are okay, or, if nothing helps, ask the current developer about your problem.

http://xnalaraitalia.deviantart.com/

There.
Goha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 09:20   #933
Philmister978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goha View Post
With all seriousness: nope, especially when only you saw what's in your error message (if there is any). And tbh, even with that we can't really help, because they contain code instead of, well, your typical error message.

Usually when it crashes for me, the configuration file is the culprit. Deleting the .cfg file helps.

If it's the "killswitch" Roxas nicely named, I think I'll stick to this one, either update or change the date of your desktop. If you updated to the recent version and the problem persists, update to alpha/beta/whatever is in development right now.

There's no detailed FAQ or troubleshooting list that could help. Either you have to check if all supporting installations are okay, or, if nothing helps, ask the current developer about your problem.

http://xnalaraitalia.deviantart.com/

There.
Well, how do I change the date of my desktop?
Old 02-07-13, 09:31   #934
RoxasKennedy

Click on the time and date on the taskbar and click on "Change date and time settings..." and then "Change date and time" button.

This is for Windows 7.
RoxasKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 16:40   #935
Philmister978

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxasKennedy View Post
Click on the time and date on the taskbar and click on "Change date and time settings..." and then "Change date and time" button.

This is for Windows 7.
Didn't work, it just said that "XPS has stopped working" even though the program hasn't booted.
Old 03-07-13, 17:27   #936
ChimiChihuahua

Unhappy losing hope fast...v.v

deleted.

Last edited by ChimiChihuahua; 07-07-13 at 13:19.
ChimiChihuahua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-13, 09:02   #937
askaq

Angry distortions between bones - need help

Hi everybody! I'm a novice at using XNAlara/XPS, and I'm facing problem: when I rotate bones, I often get distortions between bones as you can see at this image - there I tried to get her left hand's palm up, and right palm to be parallel to side of her face. I think this happens due to excessive rotating, but I just can't get pose I need if I stop rotate at point distortion happens. ( btw, I haven't got this problem in Source Filmmaker - maybe due to it utilises IK rig).
I've seen lots of images made in XNAlara and don't remember I've seen that distortions on them.
So I wonder, how do you get rid of that kind of distortions? Do I do something wrong?

[IMG]http://i41.************/k0oih5.jpg[/IMG]
askaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 12:00   #938
ChimiChihuahua

good luck getting a reply :c i've been waiting three days. funny thing is when i posted a new thread when i first started, someone told me i'd get a much faster response in this thread lol.
ChimiChihuahua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 12:11   #939
o0Crofty0o

Quote:
Originally Posted by askaq View Post
Hi everybody! I'm a novice at using XNAlara/XPS, and I'm facing problem: when I rotate bones, I often get distortions between bones as you can see at this image - there I tried to get her left hand's palm up, and right palm to be parallel to side of her face. I think this happens due to excessive rotating, but I just can't get pose I need if I stop rotate at point distortion happens. ( btw, I haven't got this problem in Source Filmmaker - maybe due to it utilises IK rig).
I've seen lots of images made in XNAlara and don't remember I've seen that distortions on them.
So I wonder, how do you get rid of that kind of distortions? Do I do something wrong?

[IMG]http://i41.************/k0oih5.jpg[/IG]
Well you cannot really compare XNALara to Source Filmmaker^^ It is much more advanced and supports tht IK thingy. However i also think that Filmmaker simply stops a bone at some point (I'm not sure becuase i never use it but i have seen people talking about setting som stoppers into ports or sth) This isn't possible in XNA and also not really that needed. You just have to look at images for references to pose to get a realistic reward. When you rotate the elbow that much on your own arm you will notice that a part of your shoulder will move too.
All you have to do then is rotate the shoulder 1 and 2 bones to support the elbow bone^^ same on the wrist. Actually, if you try on yourself, you will see that the wrist itself won't move - the whole lower arm does. You just have to redo that in XNA and you won't have problems with those.

Hope this helped a bit >< XNALaras posing system is simple and damn different to other softwares i think, you just need to get used to it. =)

About the XPS modding question, sorry I cannot help with that becuase i never use XPS for modding.
o0Crofty0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-13, 23:04   #940
m9lon

Default Traducción al español

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but the XNALara section of the Español forum seems to be dead
Thing is, I'd like to translate XNALara's interface to español, BUT I don't know anything about programming. Zero. So, I've downloaded the source codes but don't know what to do with them lol or which part/files translate or how to compile back to .exe again

Also, I'd like to add unicode support to the program (Ñ!!!! >_<) and I suppose HUDFont.xnb is where I should look? but again, dunno what-to-do.

I've asked Dusan about it on DA but not sure if he's still active... mmm or still interested on anything XNALara related, so... if somebody, anybody can please point me in the right direction (hopefully not the exit door) I'll be very grateful!

Saludos!
m9lon is offline   Reply With Quote