www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 26-12-18, 04:23   #1551
Kapu
Professor

Fellow Americans, let us know when your items start arriving! I will do the same when my stuff comes.
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-18, 10:54   #1552
Putai
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famicom View Post
Received my stuff (everything but the CD) yesterday.

Cool stuff, but everything inside the cardboard cylinder was covered in thick dust, almost like sawdust. Had to use a wet rag to clean everything up. And no, that was not dust from the cardboard tube. It's as if they packaged the whole thing in a sawmill in rush hour.

Anyway, it's clean now
Yes, I got everything covered in thick dust too, and it wasn't because of the package. Had to wash the T-shirts - which I would've done anyway - and clean the poster, programme and score with a rag. I don't know where this dust comes but looks like they had everything out on a table or something for a while and it got dusty. Not bad if they had cleaned a little first.

Also, a bit disappointed the CDs are not being sent yet, specially when he assured the CDs would make in time BEFORE Christmas (his own words).

I guess we'll have to wait a bit more. But it's not making sense since one of the reasons of the big delays was that he wanted to ship everything in just one sending package, not make several sendings per person. Well...
Old 02-01-19, 23:08   #1553
Sayonel
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapu View Post
Fellow Americans, let us know when your items start arriving! I will do the same when my stuff comes.
Mine just came in today.

I'm both happy and sad. Happy that it's finally here, but sad because mine came in damaged. The sides of my poster are all bent to hell as well as the first score having a rather large dent on the right side. The program was perfect and my blue souvenir poster had one small dent in it that doesn't bother me much. But where's my shirt? I thought they were supposed to come in with everything else, with the exception of the CD's and Records. I'm going to message them to find out what's going on.

Quick question. For anybody else that has received theirs, did your tube packaging have plastic wrap and tape on one end with a white insert in the other? Because I found that kind of odd and I don't know if it's that way because of customs checking my package or what.

Edit: I just noticed that my T-shirt wasn't in my package and I should have gotten one

Last edited by Sayonel; 02-01-19 at 23:22.
Sayonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 04:16   #1554
Kapu
Professor

Default @^

My stuff also came! It actually came the day after my last post. Made for a great final Christmas present!

Sorry to hear you stuff came dinged up. My souvenir poster has the tiniest of creases in the corner, but it's too minor to bother me. My stuff was also covered in a layer of dust, like Putai mentioned, but it wiped off fine with no incident. Also, I already tossed the packaging or I'd check for you, but I think mine had two plastic pieces on each end?

As for the missing t-shirt, it may be coming in a separate package. Check this note from Nathan's update:
Quote:
If you were expecting some of these items and haven’t received yours yet, there are a few reasons why this may have happened:
We have yet to post your items (we ran out of Blue Posters, poster tubes and some T-Shirt sizes – we are replenishing our stock and will post your items in our next shipping run in the New Year
Probably best to send him a message either way!
Kapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 05:08   #1555
Sayonel
Historian

Yep, I tossed them a message asking about my shirt and if I could get replacements on the two pieces that were dinged up pretty bad. I had planned on framing everything and having it on display to prevent any of it from getting damaged, so I was a little disappointed when they came in the shape they were in.

This is what mine looked like.

Old 03-01-19, 14:46   #1556
Alex Fly
Legend

I'm sorry to read about this Sayonel, and by the look of it I think someone simply opened your package during the shipping and stole your T-shirt (and certainly damaged the rest of the items at the same time).

You must have seen 2 white inserts on each side of the tube instead of this. I suppose it's someone at the post office or something like this who put some plastic wrap around the missing white insert as the thief certainly didn't bother about putting it back. I'm surprised there was no mention of it anywhere because here where I live when a package arrives opened or damaged and if they have to put some plastic wrap around it they always mention it somewhere on the package.

Personally I'm considering myself lucky to have received all my items considering there's no protection on the white inserts (extra plastic wrap on them would have been better). Anyone could had a look at what was inside and took whatever they wanted. I was a bit shocked to discover they dispatched the stuff like this. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Hope they'll do a gesture for you.
Old 04-01-19, 13:41   #1557
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

I still haven't received my pieces
Old 04-01-19, 14:34   #1558
Laralicious
Explorer

I also haven't received my items and I'm in the UK.

During the course of the post kickstarter campaign, I had to change my email address, which I did do on the Kickstarter website, but for some reason, KS kept sending emails to the old address. It wasn't until months later that I checked in and found an email personally from Nathan to ask for me to email him the details of the products that I wanted and the shipping address. Which I did do, and I know that he received it because he messaged me back days later talking about the weather here.

It was only because of logging into the site for the Dark Angel kickstarter did I realise that I had to fill out a survey for the TR suite, but I can't remember the actual products that I had asked for in the email, so I still can't fill it out. I'm starting to worry that my details in the email have been forgotten about, but then I do know that the postal service over the Xmas hols can be delayed.

Not sure what to do next though.

----------------------

Scrap that, I just checked that old email address and found two emails from Nathan - one for the shipping address and the other asking about the colour poster that I would like. I just hope that I'm not too late to receive my items.

Last edited by Laralicious; 04-01-19 at 14:43. Reason: update
Laralicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 20:51   #1559
Sayonel
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
I'm sorry to read about this Sayonel, and by the look of it I think someone simply opened your package during the shipping and stole your T-shirt (and certainly damaged the rest of the items at the same time).

You must have seen 2 white inserts on each side of the tube instead of this. I suppose it's someone at the post office or something like this who put some plastic wrap around the missing white insert as the thief certainly didn't bother about putting it back. I'm surprised there was no mention of it anywhere because here where I live when a package arrives opened or damaged and if they have to put some plastic wrap around it they always mention it somewhere on the package.

Personally I'm considering myself lucky to have received all my items considering there's no protection on the white inserts (extra plastic wrap on them would have been better). Anyone could had a look at what was inside and took whatever they wanted. I was a bit shocked to discover they dispatched the stuff like this. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Hope they'll do a gesture for you.
Thanks!

Nathan messaged me back and said they would send me out another package on their next shipping run at the end of the month and that it will be tightly sealed this time with possible tracking to make sure everything gets to me.

I checked my package again and there is no sticker from the post office saying anything about the package being opened or damaged while on transit. It's obvious that it was opened. There is a sticker from customs saying how much it weighs and what's inside, but that's it. On the sticker they even have my T-shirt listed under description of contents. So it was there after customs and it was taken between then and when I received it.

Old 06-01-19, 00:06   #1560
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

I received my cardboard tube in the mail! I have my two t-shirts and the poster. All is right in my world. I have to move soon due to my lease not renewing as the landlord is selling the house but I can't wait to find another house and to finally get this all framed and hung up on my wall! SO EXCITED!