Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 25-10-20, 12:49   #34301
Tonyrobinson

There's a few set pics that have been released from the new movie including what looks like one from Spencer Mansion. It's very much keeping with the games aesthetic which is great.

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/3...-movie-spotted
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 13:15   #34302
James_Rutland

LOVE those set photos - they're also recreating the front of the RPD in a set and are clearly aiming to be accurate. It's amazing. Can't wait to see the actors in costume. I'm hoping this isn't all just for show though, like the last films. Even if the film isn't up for awards I still want it to be well-done, some of the anderson films are quite embarassing to watch with others because of how shamelessly bad they are (coming from someone who enjoys them)
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 14:40   #34303
Tonyrobinson

So far they have the look of it down more than the other films when compared to the games it's not too futuristic looking and much more grungy and gothic like the look of the games.

There were rumours going around that it would be split between the point of view of Chris and Jill in the mansion and Claire and Leon out on the streets adapting both games.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 25-10-20 at 14:44.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-20, 22:07   #34304
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
So far they have the look of it down more than the other films when compared to the games it's not too futuristic looking and much more grungy and gothic like the look of the games.

There were rumours going around that it would be split between the point of view of Chris and Jill in the mansion and Claire and Leon out on the streets adapting both games.
All I can say is the movie needs to be atleast 2 hours to accomplish this, with a very tight script.

I honestly think the movie is gonna have RE1 as mostly minor flashbacks, with the main plot being RE2. Granted I'm also assuming it will take the general plot and do its own thing. I've seen a few articles refer to Leon as a government agent and some as a rookie cop. So I don't know which is accurate. The rookie cop plot has Leon having a father who also works for the RPD apparently.

I've also read rumors that say Ada and Irons are in the film. I mean if the RPD is there then so should Irons. Ada is rumored to be Wesker's boss, so who knows if she'll even meet Leon.

I just wonder how they'll cover the plot of both games. They make it sound like main 4 will meet and work together. Does that mean RC will blow up at the end? Will they save that for a sequel?

I'm interested to see what they do. The sets look promising so far.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 04:14   #34305
redfox45

Finally played and beat RE3 Remake.
At half the price and with half the expectations.

Very much enjoyed it but yes it was lazy, rushed and too short and I probably would have been pretty miffed if I paid full price and wasn't expecting to be hugely disappointed.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 04:44   #34306
Lord Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
Finally played and beat RE3 Remake.
At half the price and with half the expectations.

Very much enjoyed it but yes it was lazy, rushed and too short and I probably would have been pretty miffed if I paid full price and wasn't expecting to be hugely disappointed.
Yeah, I paid full price for the per-order bonus. It was and is a huge disappointment. It is going to take the people on the Nexus to fix it. Some of the people there have a lot of talent.
Lord Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 05:58   #34307
Uzi master

Modding can't fix the problem with RE3 unfortunatley. (realistically, at least)

"A worthy game at 50% off" is an overall apt description, at least if yo unever played the original.
Uzi master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 08:23   #34308
killchan

The only mods you need for RE3R are right at the top row of the "most popular" tab on nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/residentev...%28all+time%29

Fluffy for the installation process, the all-in-one trainer for adjustable/lockable camera (it makes levels feel less trivial than they are) and manual flashlight (basically a lasersight), the classic outfit and Jill's black hair.
I'm not too sure about the Battlesuit. It looks better on Claire than Jill but ehi it's there so why not.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 14:20   #34309
redfox45

One thing I will say is the soundtrack was FANTASTIC. The reimaginings of the classic themes and the ambiant tension music was 10/10

You know it's good when you're trying to avoid leaving an area for fear of ending the background music.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-20, 18:12   #34310
michaeldt

I want a straight up live action adaptation of RE3 and RE Apocalypse won't do .
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote