www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 21-03-11, 18:01   #401
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
On betaarchives if someone donates we could get access to the FTP server when there's apparently a build of Tomb Raider 1 with like almost no textures and place holders, sounds alpha to me
o: where did you read this?
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-11, 18:03   #402
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
o: where did you read this?
http://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12679
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-11, 18:10   #403
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Last edited by Gh0stBlade; 30-03-13 at 00:38.
Old 21-03-11, 22:23   #404
aussie500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Does not sound like they have anything we have not already seen. They only have the WIP demo, not the prototype or alpha builds. We already have had the WIP demo on the forum (it is even mentioned in this thread) and a range of scripts to run with it. The early Sega demo's and previews you would be able to get else where, and it does not say there that betaarchives even has them. And the person who posted about some supposed PC beta never mentioned anything about it being on the ftp, or even that he had a copy of it. I have the reviewers version for PS1 and it seems pretty much the same as the final version.

Last edited by aussie500; 21-03-11 at 22:47.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-11, 06:32   #405
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Does not sound like they have anything we have not already seen. They only have the WIP demo, not the prototype or alpha builds. We already have had the WIP demo on the forum (it is even mentioned in this thread) and a range of scripts to run with it. The early Sega demo's and previews you would be able to get else where, and it does not say there that betaarchives even has them. And the person who posted about some supposed PC beta never mentioned anything about it being on the ftp, or even that he had a copy of it. I have the reviewers version for PS1 and it seems pretty much the same as the final version.
Yeah, reviewer versions are always the final build. The best builds are usually the pre release betas/alphas/protoypes etc.

The sega saturn build I have seems to be close to the demo W.I.P build. The only difference is that the map has been scrapped. The grenade is unusable.

Last edited by Gh0stBlade; 22-03-11 at 06:34.
Old 13-04-11, 20:20   #406
Clara [CA]
Professor

Sorry for bumping this but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara [CA] View Post
Is it from this issue :
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
No it is not that issue, I have a scan of that one and there is no Tomb Raider mention, they do not seem to have been at E3 in 1995.
I was lead to believe there was an article about TR1 in that very issue, given that another article from GameFan that you posted here actually said :
"We brought you the first PC screens of Core's Tomb Raider back in Issue 3, Volume 7"
... which, I think, is the one with Mario on the cover.

Of course, none of the 1995 GameFan magazines mentions a TR preview on their cover
Old 13-04-11, 23:06   #407
jonathanrij
Archaeologist

Quote:

I was lead to believe there was an article about TR1 in that very issue, given that another article from GameFan that you posted here actually said :
"We brought you the first PC screens of Core's Tomb Raider back in Issue 3, Volume 7"

Of course, none of the 1995 GameFan magazines mentions a TR preview on their cover
That scan is apparently from GameFan Volume 3 Issue 11, not 7. I just looked on eBay for issue 7 and asked the seller if page 62 is the same one as the scan. I got a reply and the seller said that the scan is not from issue 7, but from 11 .

So I really wonder what's in issue 7. I can't find any scans from that issue on the internet, but I don't want to actually buy the magazine myself on eBay... especially because shipping is mostly $10 or $15 .

A picture of GameFan Volume 3 Issue 11 for proof:

Old 13-04-11, 23:42   #408
aussie500

Quote:

I have a scan of the Mario issue, which is why I knew it was not from vol 03-11, they misquoted the issue of their original article. I do not have all of the 1995 scans but pretty sure the one we have is the only one they did for that year. The vol 3 issue 11 cover did say they had "exclusives you won't find anywhere else"

*Takes a closer look at issue 7 just to be absolutely sure.

Last edited by aussie500; 14-04-11 at 00:13.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-11, 00:13   #409
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Damn that TR1 proto looks very nice.
Old 14-04-11, 01:26   #410
aussie500

There is definetly nothing about Tomb Raider in GameFan vol 3 issue 7, and the only mention about Core apart from the games they had as E3 was that U.S. Gold had acquired them. Tomb Raider was apparently not shown at E3 in 1995.