www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 14-07-15, 15:52   #1601
stohrendorf
Hobbyist

And again I want to apologize for what I have done. Unfortunately (or for the better?) I can't help right now, as I am with my family and can only reply to emails. But starting from next week I will continue my destruction
stohrendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-15, 20:49   #1602
vvsgh
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
many things are still broken, but I feel we're really close to making it stable again!
I feel the same. I'm quite sure that if matrices got fixed almost everything should start working again. Unfortunately, I never learned geometry beyond elementary course. All hopes are on the developers that know it better.
vvsgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 09:38   #1603
LaraSpears
Student

This is probably gonna be the best thing to ever happen to Tomb Raider's modding community, this is a huge breakthrough through in terms of advanced engine technology.

This is certainly going to help the modding community prosper and grow exponentially, and I love the new features, I am especially looking forward to the BULLET physics engine and the advanced collision optimization, that is absolutely going to make the game feel more alive, more fluid and better than ever.

I am absolutely looking forward to this extremely amazing, advanced and fantastic engine.

Thanks for doing such an extremely important and helpful work, you're doing an amazing, fantastic work, and you deserve all the help and thanks you get!
Old 15-07-15, 14:13   #1604
Lwmte
Explorer

Whoa... Guessing by the number of people currently reading this thread (150!), something has happened!

Welcome, everyone! As you probably noticed, currently engine is in a partially working state, cause we have ongoing refactoring hell. Sorry about this. We should get everything up and running very soon.

Please register and comment, if you have any suggestions or feedback! And please, someone, tell me, where are you all going from?

Thank you!

Edit: just found reddit thread!

Last edited by Lwmte; 15-07-15 at 14:56.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 15:43   #1605
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Whoa... Guessing by the number of people currently reading this thread (150!), something has happened!

Welcome, everyone! As you probably noticed, currently engine is in a partially working state, cause we have ongoing refactoring hell. Sorry about this. We should get everything up and running very soon.

Please register and comment, if you have any suggestions or feedback! And please, someone, tell me, where are you all going from?

Thank you!

Edit: just found reddit thread!
Yeah, all the support is just amazing. The switch to Github has definitely attracted some new people to the project as we've seen. Hopefully soon the refactoring process will be finalised and normal development can continue.

Regards.
Old 15-07-15, 15:49   #1606
Maxey
Hobbyist

Hello, I just registered to say thanks and good luck to this project.

However, I'm having difficulties getting the games to work on the engine. I've tried to move the data files and use the console commands as they are in the FAQ but I just can't get anything to work.

Can someone post a more detailed and step-by-step way of how to correctly set-up the files, load a level and play?

I would really appreciate it.

Last edited by Maxey; 15-07-15 at 15:53.
Maxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 16:02   #1607
Gh0stBlade
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxey View Post
Hello, I just registered to say thanks and good luck to this project.

However, I'm having difficulties getting the games to work on the engine. I've tried to move the data files and use the console commands as they are in the FAQ but I just can't get anything to work.

Can someone post a more detailed and step-by-step way of how to load a level and play?

I would really appreciate it.
I saw some people are also having issues on Reddit getting it to run so I'm going to update the readme.md with more details in a bit.

Firstly, you'll need to download the latest compiled from here. This build is outdated at the moment but there have been no drastic feature changes.

In your TR1 original folder, it should contain a folder called DATA. Within that folder are several .PHD files which you'll need to copy or move all PHD files to "data/tr1/data" within the OpenTomb directory. Once this is done the exact path for the first TR1 level file would be "/data/tr1/data/LEVEL1.PHD".

For the other games it's the same process but you must put it in the correct subfolder. For TR3 it would be data/tr3/data/ etc.

Launching OpenTomb.exe should automatically load LEVEL1 of TR1.

But if you're trying to access another game other than TR1 you must do the following.

1. Open the console window by pressing ` at the OpenTomb logo screen.
2. Type "setgamef(3.0, 1)" (Without the quotes) Where 3.0 is the game (TR3) and the level (1). For gold games you must change .0 to .5.

I hope it helps, if you're still having issues provide a screenshot of the console window.

Last edited by Gh0stBlade; 15-07-15 at 16:04.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 16:07   #1608
Maxey
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I saw some people are also having issues on Reddit getting it to run so I'm going to update the readme.md with more details in a bit.

Firstly, you'll need to download the latest compiled from here. This build is outdated at the moment but there have been no drastic feature changes.

In your TR1 original folder, it should contain a folder called DATA. Within that folder are several .PHD files which you'll need to copy or move all PHD files to "data/tr1/data" within the OpenTomb directory. Once this is done the exact path for the first TR1 level file would be "/data/tr1/data/LEVEL1.PHD".

For the other games it's the same process but you must put it in the correct subfolder. For TR3 it would be data/tr3/data/ etc.

Launching OpenTomb.exe should automatically load LEVEL1 of TR1.

But if you're trying to access another game other than TR1 you must do the following.

1. Open the console window by pressing ` at the OpenTomb logo screen.
2. Type "setgamef(3.0, 1)" (Without the quotes) Where 3.0 is the game (TR3) and the level (1). For gold games you must change .0 to .5.

I hope it helps, if you're still having issues provide a screenshot of the console window.
Thank you for the detailed response. However, I have no such files in my TR1 directory. It's the GOG version of the game and it has no data folder. Instead it has a file called GAME.GOG on it that I assume contains the main data files.
Maxey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 16:12   #1609
Joey79100
Professor

For TR1 GOG version, I've heard that GAME.GOG can be renamed GAME.ISO, and then you have to mount the image. This way you'll get the DATA folder.
Then, for each game, it's in the DATA folder from the disc (the level files aren't copied on the hard drive).

The last SourceForge version isn't stable? Because it's much more recent, which means ragdolls and hair for every game.

Last edited by Joey79100; 15-07-15 at 16:13.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-15, 16:17   #1610
vvsgh
Student

The last nightly build corresponds to cf50613b62876446c2fde1381fba9d00ba9c5b52 revision on GitHub. That was the last version before the refactoring. Yes, it should work fine too.
vvsgh is offline   Reply With Quote