www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 15-09-16, 21:20   #2111
Mister_Dolus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvsgh View Post
Actually, it's very easy to do. Look at World_GenTextures in world.cpp. And despite what have been said cochrane already did this once in backup branch.

I too prefer sharp pixels instead of the blur.
Thanks for the tip!
Mister_Dolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-16, 14:43   #2112
godmodder
Explorer

Technically, ps1 did not even perform perspective-correct texture mapping, but affine texture mapping.

You can see the difference here.

glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_FASTEST); used to give affine texture mapping on some OpenGL implementations, but in this era it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Like, who would want perspective-correct texture mapping, right?

Last edited by godmodder; 16-09-16 at 14:48.
godmodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 03:07   #2113
Mister_Dolus
Hobbyist

Whenever I load the third level of TR1, Lara has the braids she had in the beta.

Last edited by Mister_Dolus; 18-09-16 at 03:10.
Old 18-09-16, 04:26   #2114
Boobandie
Professor

That is a feature.
Boobandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 09:56   #2115
Joey79100
Professor

What Boobandie said. This is because this hair object was still in that (and only that) level so the developers thought it would be cool to add it in-game.
Old 18-09-16, 19:14   #2116
Tombraiderplay

TR3-gold levels AND some levels of TR3-2 dont have a braid..... ( atleast for me )
Tombraiderplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-16, 19:35   #2117
Joey79100
Professor

^
This is because the braid isn't automatically added to the levels actually, usually there's a command in the LEVELNAME_autoexec.lua file. But sometimes that file doesn't exist.
What you can do is just open the console and type this:
Code:
addCharacterHair(player, HAIR_TR3)
Or another HAIR in this list:
Code:
HAIR_TR1
HAIR_TR2
HAIR_TR3
HAIR_TR4_KID_1
HAIR_TR4_KID_2
HAIR_TR4_OLD
HAIR_TR5_KID_1
HAIR_TR5_KID_2
HAIR_TR5_OLD
(you have to repeat the command for each braid for young Lara)
Old 18-09-16, 19:43   #2118
Cochrane
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by godmodder View Post
Technically, ps1 did not even perform perspective-correct texture mapping, but affine texture mapping.

You can see the difference here.

glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_FASTEST); used to give affine texture mapping on some OpenGL implementations, but in this era it doesn't seem to work anymore.
Like, who would want perspective-correct texture mapping, right?
It's because it's all in the shaders nowadays, and the default texture lookup functions in shaders implicitly use perspective-correct mapping. To change this, I think you'd have to replace the calls to "texture(...)" with "textureProj(...)" in all shaders. You probably need pass 1.0 for the additional third texture coordinate, but it's been quite a while since I last thought about this, so your mileage may vary.

Edit a day later: Actually I think what I wrote there is completely wrong. Sorry.

Second edit: Yeah, I was wrong, apparently because I was too tired. It's on the varying variables between the shaders; they need to get a noperspective interpolation qualifier. The projection for the texture has nothing to do with that.

Last edited by Cochrane; 19-09-16 at 15:29.
Cochrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-16, 06:25   #2119
Mister_Dolus
Hobbyist

Seems case sensitivity can be a minor annoyance for Linux users. For example, some of the files in the 'tr2_gold/data' directory need to be changed to lowercase (.tr2 files) but MAIN.SFX needs to remain uppercase.

I wonder if it would be better if everything needed to be lowercase... In that event, you could just run a command in the terminal to change all the names in the directory to lowercase and be done.

Last edited by Mister_Dolus; 25-09-16 at 06:29.
Old 30-09-16, 15:37   #2120
Red46
Hobbyist

Does this engine fix the TR3 audio bug of the pc version?

In the PC version, whenever you reload a save, the background audio track playing, resets to the one that was playing at the beginning of the level.

First time you can check this is in the second level "Temple Ruins", at the beginning of the level you start in the jungle thus an ambient track is playing, with the sounds of the jungle (animal cries, etc) however once you step inside the temple, you pass a trigger that changes the music to a gloomy tune that really sets the atmosphere.

However, if you happen to reload within the temple, the track goes back to the one that played at the beginning of the level rather than the one it should play inside of the temple ruining the atmosphere.

This also happens when the game stops to play the default track to play some other audio, such as when you enter a new area. This doesn't happen in the playstation version where, reloading a save will also make the correct track play.
Red46 is offline   Reply With Quote