www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 12-01-19, 00:19   #29611
rewak
Professor

Check your internet connection and firewall, the demo needs an active connection. Otherwise...

rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 01:43   #29612
FearEffect
Relic Hunter

I just finished the demo, I thought it was great. Just thought the "run" is way too slow for a run. I'm not interested or replaying the demo anyway, next time I play it, I wanna play it all!
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:22   #29613
tomblover
Tomb Raider

I felt like that was just the right amount of content for a half hour-long demo. Very excited for the full game!
tomblover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:37   #29614
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Yeah I can't believe the quality behind that game. The attention to details, the atmosphere, the pacing, the gameplay, the minimalist UI. There are even some hints at Nemesis! Sure, the lack of music is weird, but it gives so much weight to our own noise. Silence is a sound by itself. It reminded me of Silent Hill who used little to no music.

This is going to be a really hard 2 weeks.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 05:47   #29615
matrix54
Tomb Raider

*goes to the RE2 data mining thread in the internet*

Wow... a REALLY GREAT surprise is coming!
Old 12-01-19, 06:38   #29616
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

Loved the demo. I thought the game might end up being too dark, but adjusting the settings to best appear on my 4K TV was simple. I do miss the RPD being a little more lit up, but finding fuses will make it seem like a new area at other sections of the game. I think my only complaints during it were:

1. The music. It's just too quiet and far removed from the original tracks. I can understand not wanting it all to be too bombastic, but they went about it the wrong way IMO.

2. Leon talking to himself doesn't bother me, but some of the line's are just comical. Him screaming super loud profanity for one zombie...is just odd.

Possible 3?: I found the demo extremely easy, by popping zombies in the knee and just running on by. I might need to play on the hardest difficulty from the get go, but it could just be that the demo is purposely done this way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
*goes to the RE2 data mining thread in the internet*

Wow... a REALLY GREAT surprise is coming!
Some of those things are old files left in from early in development. So I wouldn't take everything as completely confirmed.
Old 12-01-19, 10:57   #29617
Brendanlovesu1
Explorer

For anyone wondering how fixed camera would work with aiming, Capcom revealed there's an auto-aim feature that can be turned on and off. Pretty easy to see how it would be used for a fixed camera mode.

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest....enced-players/
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 12:00   #29618
ESCachuli
Professor

First playthrough of the demo: 17 minutes, trying to solve the puzzles and realizing you cant do much because... It is a demo xD

Really liked it. Graphics are awesome, controls are fluid, zombies are dangerous but you van get used to them. Managed to do a lot of headshots with the handgun and blow their brains. Tbh I hope there is a higher difficulty mode or that at least the game becomes harder after this part, because i only got caught by the zombies when I was fooling around. Still kept me tense because if you fail they catch you.

Sound is good but Im not really a good reviewer in that regard. I apreciated that there is little to no music. Maybe they can add the omminous themes of the original game in some special parts, like when you arrive at the RPD, but I liked that tense parts were silent. It would kill the atmosphere to have music all the time.

Still wanting a VR mode.

My prediction: this game is going to be a 9/10 IMO. Not perfect, because perfect would requiere VR (thats my opinion on horror games, 1st person is much more horrific and Scary than 3rd person) but still awesome.

Edit: REALLY glad they didnt forced the fixed cameras. Idk if they are gonna add them as optional, but I dont want to be forced to play blind again.

Last edited by ESCachuli; 12-01-19 at 12:02.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 16:41   #29619
WitchBlade
Student

1 out of 10

Blurry soft visuals.
Chromatic aberration is over used
Clunky movement
Bad Depth of Field
Poor sounding weapons
Enemies are bullet sponges even when you do headshots
Can barely stun enemies.
Why is everything so dark? it's silly
Poor black levels make everything look gray

Blows my mind people are ignoring how halfassed everything is.
WitchBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 17:05   #29620
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchBlade View Post
1 out of 10

Blurry soft visuals.
Chromatic aberration is over used
Clunky movement
Bad Depth of Field
Poor sounding weapons
Enemies are bullet sponges even when you do headshots
Can barely stun enemies.
Why is everything so dark? it's silly
Poor black levels make everything look gray

Blows my mind people are ignoring how halfassed everything is.
WTF was blurry? Did you clean your glasses?
Didnt saw chromatic aberration, but maybe thats me. If you are confusing it with the noise filter, you can turn it off.
Clunky movement? The controls were awesome and the animations are fluid.
Deep of field is good, again, clean your glasses. There is something off on your vision or screen. The game looks sharp.
Sound, again, do you even remember how weapons sounded in the original?
Enemies arent bullet sponges, they are zombies. Git gud, learn how to headshot. They are supposed to be nearly inmortal, thats how they beat humans, but they are easy to defeat if you are skilled.
And they are easily stunned with a headshot. 1. Git gud.
Is it silly to be out of power and light in a zombie apocalypse??? OMG thats a reach. The dark ambience is AMAZING for a horror game. Having lots of light kills the mood. The original wasnt scary at all because everything was extremely illuminated. Now it is scary.

I cant disagree more with anyone about this remake, you really have the exact opposite opinion and you state things that are absolutely fake like the game being blurry. This might be one of the best looking games ever released. And you say it is blurry. Check your eyesight mate.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote