www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 12-01-19, 00:21   #21551
Robwood
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
MS on the hand needed an action adventure game of their own, even on a short term basis.
Given the debacle that was E3 2013, they really wanted people buying their consoles. I'm not surprised one bit that they pulled that one year exclusive nonsense, but it didn't make me rush out to buy their spyware. No, I gave my money to their competitor instead and then waited a year (full disclosure: I bought it for the 360 first) and then got the complete product--or as I like to call it, the game.

Poor move, Microsoft. Poor move.
Old 12-01-19, 00:50   #21552
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
MS did horrible marketing Rise, and they barely even mentioned Shadow. I wouldnít find it to crazy if Sony was to assist with the next game. MS is crap.
Oh I agree and did they do anything for Shadow?
Old 12-01-19, 00:50   #21553
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Not so far-fetched, imo. Sony had UC at the time, a direct rival to TR. Why would they take marketing rights for TR when they have their own action adventure game. Of course it's still in their interest to do their bit in promoting TR too, just not as an exclusive/time exclusive. MS on the hand needed an action adventure game of their own, even on a short term basis.
Imo that whole rivalry is just onesided amongst fans. PS doesn't have this imaginary Vendetta against TR. I believe Microsoft had a lot of money to give. I'm pretty sure PS wouldn't pass up Lara Croft as a PS exclusive. That's just silly. Maybe we could've even had the crossover that fans wanted. MS doesn't know how to market adventure games because they have tons of shooter based exclusives. They just pay for TR to fill up their adventure game spot. It makes no sense why this is still happening.

Last edited by JuditePrince12; 12-01-19 at 00:52.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 00:58   #21554
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Imo that whole rivalry is just onesided amongst fans. PS doesn't have this imaginary Vendetta against TR. I believe Microsoft had a lot of money to give. I'm pretty sure PS wouldn't pass up Lara Croft as a PS exclusive. That's just silly. Maybe we could've even had the crossover that fans wanted. MS doesn't know how to market adventure games because they have tons of shooter based exclusives. They just pay for TR to fill up their adventure game spot. It makes no sense why this is still happening.
I didn't say Sony had a vendetta against TR, I'm just saying that with them having UC they didn't need TR to fill their action adventure slot at that time. Sony have always been supportive of TR and marketed it well.

Last edited by Rai; 12-01-19 at 00:59.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 01:16   #21555
iWANEX
Gold Contributor

Quote:
Oh I agree and did they do anything for Shadow?
No they didnít. Which is so confusing. Why would you pay and not do anything? This is the second time they try some type of exclusivity and for what?

I remember the PS YouTube channel used to upload the Woman masters Wild series mere hours after they were released and several days before the Xbox channel. Itís crazy.
iWANEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 02:50   #21556
veigafd
Archaeologist

MS should step away from TR as fast as they can. If only TR was a PS exclusive I bet that the trilogy would be more famous.
Hate it or not, but when the Xbox deal was on here, there was a lot of people that didn't care about the PS and PC users.
Old 12-01-19, 09:25   #21557
ESCachuli
Professor

The problem with Rise or TR2013 was not the amount of combat, it was the lack of everything else. Non existant platforming, white paint everywere, no puzzles, no exploration besides collecting garbage...

Shadow should have more combat, but keeping everything else as it is. Maybe even adding a more complex level design and key fetching, and it would be perfect.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-19, 09:55   #21558
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
do we really know that they chose it? maybe they went to sony first and they were rejected
They didn't choose either. Microsoft chose them.

Quote:
Not so far-fetched, imo. Sony had UC at the time, a direct rival to TR. Why would they take marketing rights for TR when they have their own action adventure game. Of course it's still in their interest to do their bit in promoting TR too, just not as an exclusive/timed exclusive. MS on the other hand needed an action adventure game of their own, even on a short term basis.
Really makes me wish the relationship between Sony and Tomb Raider was rekindled. Sony is much better at marketing and their playerbase is more loyal and "better defined" (I hope that makes sense).

I feel like Microsoft promoting the game barely boosted sales on the Xbox whereas if Sony showed love for the game, it would boost the confidence of PS players by a much larger margin.

This might not be true at all of course, but I feel like Sony's love is what TR needs.
Old 12-01-19, 10:56   #21559
FanosCroft
Archaeologist

I love love love Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Old 12-01-19, 11:25   #21560
Chamayoo
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
I love love love Shadow of the Tomb Raider
You stan a "flop" queen ?
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote