Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 24-02-23, 13:05   #41
ANoDE
Golden

Hmm... I don't know where to get the translation files, but have you tried starting the game with a supported locale yet?

I would assume something like:

LOCALE=C ./croftengine

or

LOCALE=en_US ./croftengine

might work.

I might be completely wrong though, just something you could try before actual help comes along.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-23, 13:09   #42
legluondunet

Hello Anode, thank you for your help, I tried your suggestion but it didn't work, I obtained the same error message. Perhaps only english version are supported for the moment. I will waiting for the dev answer.

Last edited by legluondunet; 24-02-23 at 13:40.
legluondunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-23, 17:38   #43
stohrendorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by legluondunet View Post
Hello,
I discover this project and I would like to test it.
I'm a Linux user, I just compiled from today's git --> OK
I put data, fmv files from my french CD.

Now, when I try to launch TR1 with croftengine , I obtain this error message:
Code:
failed to load translations for QLocale(French, Latin, France) / "fr_FR"
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'boost::wrapexcept<std::runtime_error>'
  what():  Missing required game file(s)
Where can I obtain this translation files?
This is misleading. It's just a general information that proper translations aren't available, and it will fall back to English.

When importing the data, please use the "Import data" button, everything else will break.
stohrendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-23, 17:40   #44
stohrendorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANoDE View Post
This may be a long shot, but since CroftEngine already builds on Linux, is there a way to get it running on MacOS also?

MacStadium offers programs for free Mac build hosts for OpenSource projects, which you might be eligible for:

https://www.macstadium.com/opensource

I'd really love one of the new engines (especially this one) to be available on MacOS natively, since so many people are missing out on the great innovations done with TR1 over the last couple of years.

I would try to build it on my own, but I don't have a Mac either (and I certainly do not qualify for the free mac program just being an end-user). I just know of several people who would benefit from a native port, so I'm asking in lieu of them.
As of right now, the Apple user base is even smaller than the Linux user base. Additionally, CE requires a (more or less) recent version of OpenGL, and as Apple decided to ditch that, it's unlikely it will work. Just a few individuals asked about it in the past, but I never got an answer whether they got it working or not.
Old 24-02-23, 18:34   #45
ANoDE
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by stohrendorf View Post
As of right now, the Apple user base is even smaller than the Linux user base. Additionally, CE requires a (more or less) recent version of OpenGL, and as Apple decided to ditch that, it's unlikely it will work. Just a few individuals asked about it in the past, but I never got an answer whether they got it working or not.
Oh, ok. Yeah, Apple moving away from OpenGL is truly a nuissance.
If you ever hear back, please let me know

Last edited by ANoDE; 24-02-23 at 18:53.
ANoDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-23, 18:41   #46
legluondunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stohrendorf View Post
This is misleading. It's just a general information that proper translations aren't available, and it will fall back to English.
Thank you for your answer.
legluondunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-23, 04:18   #47
stohrendorf

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a new release with a lot of new features for savegames - save reminders, settings to help you not overwrite your existing saves, and cleanup options to keep your passport clean and tidy (use the "secondary action" to access them in your saves list). CE now also contains experimental support for Feder's Nordic Adventure. Get the new version here: https://github.com/stohrendorf/Croft...eases/tag/v2.2
Old 06-08-23, 21:54   #48
Glidos

Does the installer grab Glidos texture packs directly from the TRX website. I ask because I'm working on some small improvements to some of them and it would be good if CroftEngine users get the benefits of those changes.

Also wondering if your using the original Glidos style or the TombATI versions. I imagine the latter (less programming hassle).
Glidos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-23, 04:37   #49
stohrendorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidos View Post
Does the installer grab Glidos texture packs directly from the TRX website. I ask because I'm working on some small improvements to some of them and it would be good if CroftEngine users get the benefits of those changes.
Currently, it's a manual process, there's no automation in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidos View Post
Also wondering if your using the original Glidos style or the TombATI versions. I imagine the latter (less programming hassle).
I don't even know which version is which, as I only took a look at the files and guessed the formats, but there's support for texture packs containing an equiv.txt, and ones containing directories with their MD5s as their dirnames and textures within them. The only unsupported format I know of is mentioned here: https://github.com/stohrendorf/Croft...ent-1612616311

Last edited by stohrendorf; 07-08-23 at 04:42.
Old 07-08-23, 11:01   #50
Glidos

Ah right: you're handling the two Glidos texture pack formats (which makes a lot of sense, seeing as you refer to them as Glidos texture packs :-) ). Each of the Glidos texture packs has been converted also into the TombATI format, which I think is simpler to make use of. The TombATI format has all the little textures collected back together into atlases with positions matching the atlases of the original game, but sized 1024x1024 rather than 256x256.

It doesn't really matter which you support - just great that you support one or the other. There is just one TombATI pack that doesn't originate from a Glidos pack: http://download.glidos.net/TombATI/T...tures_v1.0.exe, but it textures only the gym and the first few levels, so not of great importance. Also, the little improvements I'm making, I'm intending to apply to both versions of the packs.

I just tried out CroftEngine. It's superb. Amazing how much difference the enhancements make. The increase frame rate alone is a big win. Astounding piece of work.
Glidos is offline   Reply With Quote