Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Legend

Old 02-01-23, 20:27   #1
Lora Craft

Default Running Tomb Raider Legend - Windows 11

Hello guys,
I'm new here.

Is anyone playing Tomb Raider Legend or Tomb Raider Anniversary on Windows 11?

My game on Steam and retail won't run on my Windows 11 (which I regret buying).
"A fatal error ocurred"
I tried every solution on the internet I could find and none of them worked.

Now you are my hope
Lora Craft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-23, 14:50   #2
Chamayoo

Did you try with another compatibility ? Like Windows XP or Vista ? Have you more details about the error ?
Sorry this happens to you !

EDIT : It seems you have the same issue as this member, which ocurred 2 years ago :
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=224750

Last edited by Chamayoo; 04-01-23 at 14:54.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-23, 19:46   #3
Lora Craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Did you try with another compatibility ? Like Windows XP or Vista ? Have you more details about the error ?
Sorry this happens to you !

EDIT : It seems you have the same issue as this member, which ocurred 2 years ago :
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=224750

Hi,

Yes, I tried compatibility mode, I changed the game's exe for one that they say is fixed, I did the configuration in the Windows advanced options, I tried to install an older version of the game, 1.0, since the steam version is 1.2, I installed it even the demo of the game to test.

None of these options worked, and frustrated I uninstalled the game. Then as you asked for an image of the error that the game presents, I installed it again on Steam and to my surprise the game now worked normally.

Crazy thing . I read on the internet if you uninstall the game and after a few days reinstall it it might start working strangely again.

I tried before and that option didn't work. But now it worked...
Old 12-01-23, 10:54   #4
Chamayoo

That is odd indeed. Maybe the installation was broken, it seems to be recurrent with Steam games. Well, glad it is solved and you can play the game, enjoy !
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-23, 15:13   #5
TombHackR
Golden

Try using dgVoodoo2, you shouldn't really need it for Tomb Raider Legend, but as computers are getting newer... it might fix this.

Download the .zip file of the latest version, copy dgVoodoo.conf to the folder where Tomb Raider Legend is installed, then inside the .zip file, open up the MS folder, then the x86 folder, and copy all the .dll files into where Tomb Raider Legend is installed.

You can use dgVoodooCpl.exe to configure settings like screen resolution, and removing the dgVoodoo watermark.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-23, 12:56   #6
Mokono

Have you looked at the PCGW (PCGamingWiki)?

While i primarily replay LAU on consoles, i tried running the Anniversary demo when i first installed W11 (last year) and also had errors like you described. If i'm not mistaken, what i did back then was installing a deprecated DirectX library.

I believe this could be the link, although i remember it being a single download. Anyway, hope it helps!
Mokono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-23, 18:44   #7
Lora Craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
Try using dgVoodoo2, you shouldn't really need it for Tomb Raider Legend, but as computers are getting newer... it might fix this.

Download the .zip file of the latest version, copy dgVoodoo.conf to the folder where Tomb Raider Legend is installed, then inside the .zip file, open up the MS folder, then the x86 folder, and copy all the .dll files into where Tomb Raider Legend is installed.

You can use dgVoodooCpl.exe to configure settings like screen resolution, and removing the dgVoodoo watermark.
I tried to follow your tutorial here with retail game installation. It didn't work but it's a good idea and may work for other users and games.
But thanks for teaching. It will be useful for me

Remembering that my version of steam is working. It was the one that wasn't working at first
Old 17-03-23, 18:57   #8
Lora Craft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokono View Post
Have you looked at the PCGW (PCGamingWiki)?

While i primarily replay LAU on consoles, i tried running the Anniversary demo when i first installed W11 (last year) and also had errors like you described. If i'm not mistaken, what i did back then was installing a deprecated DirectX library.

I believe this could be the link, although i remember it being a single download. Anyway, hope it helps!
Yes I have tried everything they say on that site. No results unfortunately. I also tried using older versions of directx, but I installed the directx sdk. It is bigger and installs many more things. But better. I've had some problems with games without sound for no apparent reason (like tomb raider 1).
I managed to resolve using this Directx SDK.
If anyone wants to try this link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=6812

I wanted to thank everyone who tried to help here.