www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video Games

Old 21-03-23, 11:39   #1631
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

MGS5 Ground Zeroes was intended to be the first chapter in an episodic series, Kojima reveals
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/...series-kojima/

Come on Konami you are clearly not doing anything with MGS just give it back to Kojima he's the only person that can make a Metal Gear Solid game, your attempt to make a Metal Gear game without him resulted in Metal Gear Survive a game that no-one wanted, asked for or liked.

Metal Gear Solid without Kojima is not worth playing.

While your at it give him Silent Hill and the other games that your doing nothing with and put PT back on PSN so that those of us that never got to try it can try it.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-23, 22:08   #1632
dg1995
Archaeologist

PT is trash, overhyped and overrated. Deal with it.

It's just a walking simulator with jump scares and very poorly designed puzzles that force you to read a walkthrough while playing it.

Guess you don't know Konami is making multiple SH games that look much more promising than what Silent Hills ever was.

Metal Gear Survive is also underrated and I had much more fun playing that than playing the PSP metal Gear games.(Even Peace Walker)
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-23, 00:28   #1633
redfox45
Professor

Kojima has been supposedly wanting to hand MGS over to others as far back as 2.

Why he decided not to until he was finally forced out?...I have my theories with him and Konami and the fandom each holding a piece of the blame
But it's incredible that it took until 5 for him to finally completely stop giving a ****
But needless to say, I'm personally happy with how things are, with what survived of Kojimas legacy with MGS after his exit gathering dust at Konami. Never to be touched again. ESPECIALLY by him.

Last edited by redfox45; 22-03-23 at 00:30.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-23, 10:06   #1634
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
PT is trash, overhyped and overrated. Deal with it.

It's just a walking simulator with jump scares and very poorly designed puzzles that force you to read a walkthrough while playing it.

Guess you don't know Konami is making multiple SH games that look much more promising than what Silent Hills ever was.

Metal Gear Survive is also underrated and I had much more fun playing that than playing the PSP metal Gear games.(Even Peace Walker)
I intended to reply to your post yesterday I forgot to do so busy day yesterday, moving on.

Even if as you say that PT was trash, overhyped and overrated I would still have liked to try it and make "my own judgement" about PT Konami made themselves public enemy number 1 by removing PT from PSN, Metal Gear Survive added fuel to the fire when Konami were arrogant enough to assume that people would play an MGS game not developed by Kojima.

Konami started a 💩storm by removing PT from PSN and followed it up by opening a can of worms with Metal Gear Survive.

Metal Gear Solid without Kojima is not worth playing.

I'm aware that the SH2 remake and other SH games are currently in development at Konami I've known that for quite a while that said I'd prefer to have SH in Kojima's hands who would do something with SH instead of Konami who did nothing with SH for years and the less said about what Konami did with Metal Gear Survive after Konami forced Kojima out the better, Konami charging for save slots was also an unpopular decision microtransactions for things like the Left Behind DLC for TLOU are one thing charging for save slots is something else extortion, see also the worst DLC ever on PSN horse armour for Skyrim and hairstyles for The Sims 3.

The one thing I would like to see happen at Konami is getting Team Silent back together and having Team Silent develop all future SH games, if Colonel Mitchell could succeed in getting SG-1 back together in season 9 of Stargate SG-1 anything's possible.
Old 24-03-23, 04:38   #1635
dg1995
Archaeologist

That "Save slot" microtransaction was completely pointless. You didn't need to even get any extra one to play the game.(I bought Survive at launch for 40 dollars and didn't ever feel that I need to buy an extra save profile)

On the other hand, in MGS V:TPP and GZ you only had one save profile and you couldn't buy any extra one at all.

Obviously, you never played Survive and just decided to hate it because the internet told you to do so.

Survive is a very fun game and it's coop is much better than MGO games and FOB mode in MGS V.

PT was removed from PSN because Kojima had this brilliant idea of using Norman Reedus likeness for a free demo of a game. So, they needed to renew his likeness for a cancelled game in order to keep PT on PSN which didn't worth it at all.

You also obviously never played a Metal Gear without Kojima. Metal Gear 2 Snake's Revenge was made without Kojima and that was a much better game than Metal Gear 1 on MSX by Kojima.
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-23, 15:26   #1636
redfox45
Professor

It still amazes me to this day that he was allowed to delay MGS4, the game the PS3's success was almost completely riding on, I can't believe that he would ever have been on speaking terms with Sony again after that.

I'm glad he had a reputation of kicking deadlines to the curb when he felt like it but also a realist when it comes to the fact that it's a business first and foremost and you can only antagonise that side of things for so long until they tell you to go be somebody elses pain in the ass.

But I really hope we can start to develop a more normal, healthy attitude towards Kojima and the work him and his team did. Diefying him has done nothing but harm to him, his work and us as fans.

Last edited by redfox45; 24-03-23 at 15:31.
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-23, 17:22   #1637
DragonSlayer
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
That "Save slot" microtransaction was completely pointless. You didn't need to even get any extra one to play the game.(I bought Survive at launch for 40 dollars and didn't ever feel that I need to buy an extra save profile)

On the other hand, in MGS V:TPP and GZ you only had one save profile and you couldn't buy any extra one at all.

Obviously, you never played Survive and just decided to hate it because the internet told you to do so.

Survive is a very fun game and it's coop is much better than MGO games and FOB mode in MGS V.

PT was removed from PSN because Kojima had this brilliant idea of using Norman Reedus likeness for a free demo of a game. So, they needed to renew his likeness for a cancelled game in order to keep PT on PSN which didn't worth it at all.

You also obviously never played a Metal Gear without Kojima. Metal Gear 2 Snake's Revenge was made without Kojima and that was a much better game than Metal Gear 1 on MSX by Kojima.
The internet didn't tell me to dislike MG Survive I wasn't impressed by what I saw when I saw the video on YouTube a hastily put together cash grab reusing parts of MGS5 Phantom Pain like scrounging for supplies and base defense.

I'll admit to not having played a Metal Gear Solid game without Kojima until MGS1 on PS1 I'd never heard of Metal Gear Solid, IIRC those Metal Gear games you mentioned were included with MGS3 Subsistence I have a copy of that lying around here somewhere I must look for it I intended to play those games but just never got around to it.

I'm not a fan of co-op I prefer to go solo, sometimes doing something solo is the only way to get anything done for example Monster Hunter World one of the online quests was to kill 2 creatures called Bazelgeuse the downside to playing any quest online is that with more players trying to take down the creatures the higher the risk of 1 or more players getting knocked out and you only get three attempts/lives to kill them before the quest ends if all 3 lives are used up.

I grew tired of doing it online and did it solo offline after a few attempts solo I succeeded and that was partly because both creatures spent more time fighting each other and mostly ignored me one killed the other and I killed the other with 1 minute to spare there was a 50 minute time limit and don't get me started on that electric generating Elder Dragon Kirin which was really just a Unicorn even with a full team he was a very challenging opponent, I tried fighting him solo several times with no luck his electric attacks inflicted ridiculously high levels of damage.

Konami should have realised that trying to get people to play an MGS game not developed by Kojima would be asking a lot, Survive was doomed to failure before it was released.
Old 26-03-23, 22:43   #1638
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
It still amazes me to this day that he was allowed to delay MGS4, the game the PS3's success was almost completely riding on, I can't believe that he would ever have been on speaking terms with Sony again after that.

I'm glad he had a reputation of kicking deadlines to the curb when he felt like it but also a realist when it comes to the fact that it's a business first and foremost and you can only antagonise that side of things for so long until they tell you to go be somebody elses pain in the ass.

But I really hope we can start to develop a more normal, healthy attitude towards Kojima and the work him and his team did. Diefying him has done nothing but harm to him, his work and us as fans.
Sony never should have relied so heavily on a 3rd party game to sell their system. That's not really Konima's fault. I do think he jumped the shark with MGSV in that regard though. The game, imo, was so fundamentally flawed no amount of delays were going to save it and I actually understand Konami saying 'look, it's been 7 years and it's still not done. Enough is enough'.
Old 24-05-23, 21:39   #1639
rewak
Professor

Snake Eater Remake trailer, called Metal Gear Solid Δ or MGS Delta. Also a collection of MGS 1, 2, and 3 is coming and is being titled Volume 1 so hopefully we'll get a Volume 2 with 4, Peace Walker, and maybe 5?

Quote:
We thank you and sincerely appreciate your continuous support.

Currently, the development team are working together to create an environment where fans can experience and enjoy the METAL GEAR series on the latest platforms.

We are remaking Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, one of the most beloved instalments of the METAL GEAR series, revealing the origin story of Snake, as METAL GEAR SOLID Δ: SNAKE EATER. We are working hard for METAL GEAR SOLID Δ: SNAKE EATER to be a faithful recreation of the original story and game design, while evolving the gameplay with stunning visuals and a seamless user experience.

Simultaneously, we will deliver the METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION series, the most complete compilation that celebrates the 35th anniversary of the series. The METAL GEAR SOLID: MASTER COLLECTION allow fans to play the games as they were, as first released on the latest platforms.

We hope you will enjoy the METAL GEAR series on the latest platforms.

Last edited by rewak; 24-05-23 at 21:43.
rewak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-23, 22:27   #1640
killchan
Professor

Finally people can actually find a legit version of MGS1 rather than stumble upon a badly emulated rom while randombly browsing the store.