www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video Games

Old 05-07-18, 01:02   #28301
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Do we have any details on Leon's life before he was hired at the RPD? I've always been curious. Did he live in Raccoon City? Does the commute? Has he been to RC before the events of RE2, like for an interview? He seemed to know his way around after he got to RC, I wonder if he learn the layout of the city before hand?
IIRC it is said Leon was supposed to arrive earlier in the RPD but due to drinking too much the previous night after breaking up with his gf to work in RC he showed up late.

I am not even making this up, I'm pretty sure I read that in a reliable RE wiki once lol I'm not sure if this is even cannon, it's pretty hard to find any personal info on the characters actually. It seems like Capcom hasn't expanded on them much outside outbreaks.
Old 05-07-18, 01:04   #28302
Nenya awakens
Golden

I’ve never heard that
Old 05-07-18, 01:05   #28303
jackali
Golden

Doesn't say too much for his work ethic that he turned up late for his first day on the job - everyone else was already responding to the outbreak and/or dead.

God knows how he already had a uniform before he'd even arrived there.

@VictorXD: Had no idea. That's even worse!

Last edited by jackali; 05-07-18 at 01:07.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 01:13   #28304
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
IIRC it is said Leon was supposed to arrive earlier in the RPD but due to drinking too much the previous night after breaking up with his gf to work in RC he showed up late.

I am not even making this up, I'm pretty sure I read that in a reliable RE wiki once lol I'm not sure if this is even cannon, it's pretty hard to find any personal info on the characters actually. It seems like Capcom hasn't expanded on them much outside outbreaks.
Yikes! Good thing they made a little more sense of this in remake2, with Leon saying he got a call telling him to stay away.

Was it said in the original RE2 that he was late? I don't remember anyone ever mentioning it unless I'm forgetting. maybe he was scheduled to work the night shift?

Last edited by Daft Raider; 05-07-18 at 01:15.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 01:15   #28305
Nenya awakens
Golden

I’ve often wondered where here got his RPD uniform from. Also, the nearest town to Raccoon City was Stoneville which was connected by a Train Line and considering he had no possessions with him perhaps he lived there and was commuting.
Old 05-07-18, 01:22   #28306
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenya awakens View Post
I’ve often wondered where here got his RPD uniform from. Also, the nearest town to Raccoon City was Stoneville which was connected by a Train Line and considering he had no possessions with him perhaps he lived there and was commuting.
I feel like he would've received his uniform at some sort of swearing in ceremony? Isn't there a thing like that for police officers? Everyone knew he was coming too, there's party decorations and everything. He had to have been to the RPD prior to his first day.

That's interesting about Stoneville, he had to be commuting, that's the only thing that makes sense, even if it's a bit nonsensical.
Old 05-07-18, 01:28   #28307
Nenya awakens
Golden

Quote:
I feel like he would've received his uniform at some sort of swearing in ceremony? Isn't there a thing like that for police officers? Everyone knew he was coming too, there's party decorations and everything. He had to have been to the RPD prior to his first day.

That's interesting about Stoneville, he had to be commuting, that's the only thing that makes sense, even if it's a bit nonsensical.
Probably. Although you’d think he would recognise some of the officers if he had actually been to the station before. I like that they were throwing him a party, I wonder if he knew about the S.T.A.R.S suspension.

Sounds reasonable, right?
Old 05-07-18, 01:34   #28308
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Probably. Although you’d think he would recognise some of the officers if he had actually been to the station before. I like that they were throwing him a party, I wonder if he knew about the S.T.A.R.S suspension.

Sounds reasonable, right?
That's true, he should've had a lot more knowledge about the other officers and the S.T.A.R.S members, like when Claire introduces herself, it would've been nice if he would've put two and two together about who her brother was. But I guess that's asking too much from a 90's video game script.
Old 05-07-18, 01:37   #28309
Nenya awakens
Golden

Quote:
That's true, he should've had a lot more knowledge about the other officers and the S.T.A.R.S members, like when Claire introduces herself, it would've been nice if he would've put two and two together about who her brother was. But I guess that's asking too much from a 90's video game script.
Forgot that this wasn’t real life for a minute. :/
Old 05-07-18, 01:52   #28310
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Forgot that this wasn’t real life for a minute. :/
Capcom: it's his first day at his new job at the R.P.D-

Fans:

WHERE IS HE COMMUTING FROM? WHAT IS HIS LIVING SITUATION? MARITAL STATUS? WHAT WERE HIS REFERENCES ON HIS JOB APPLICATION? WHAT IS HIS FINANCIAL SITUATION, DOES THE RPD OFFER A 401K? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS? HEALTH INSURANCE? WE NEED INFORMATION.