Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-05-16, 00:40   #21
punisherraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
That's how the pc version is. If you want the ps1/saturn's music, you have to modify the ini file in the patches folder.
every thing is 100% working and now many sound track are playing like it must be !! thank you very much for your help my friends
punisherraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-16, 07:48   #22
kacpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
That's how the pc version is. If you want the ps1/saturn's music, you have to modify the ini file in the patches folder.
Hm. If you don't check the full soundtrack (but have the full soundtrack in music folder), you will get wrong audio (or at least I did) cause the tracks are in a different order than on the original CD. Also I'm not sure if everything is looping properly then.
kacpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-16, 11:07   #23
barracuda415

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacpy View Post
Hm. If you don't check the full soundtrack (but have the full soundtrack in music folder), you will get wrong audio (or at least I did) cause the tracks are in a different order than on the original CD. Also I'm not sure if everything is looping properly then.
It depends. If the title track is looping in all levels, you either have the incorrect soundtrack files in your music folder or the wrong configuration in your ini.

To sum it up for Unfinished Business again:
  • full_soundtrack = true: You need Track02.flac to Track60.flac
  • full_soundtrack = false: You need Track02.flac to Track04.flac, where Track03.flac and Track04.flac are Track59.flac and Track60.flac in the full package. They need to be renamed in that order.
barracuda415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-16, 15:56   #24
punisherraider

[QUOTE=barracuda415;7581193]Okay, I managed to fix the menu background with a few hacks. And unlike on native hardware, it's even dimmed now:

hmm mine is black background . may i ask what hacks did you did so i can have the same thing please? thanks in advance also
what about the USB joystick support? we had problems on the dos port but since its a windows port now isn't there a fix for it? and isn't there a way to stretch the start screen and the fmv?

Last edited by punisherraider; 19-05-16 at 16:00.
Old 20-05-16, 01:55   #25
barracuda415

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisherraider View Post
hmm mine is black background . may i ask what hacks did you did so i can have the same thing please? thanks in advance
Are you sure you updated to GLRage r6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisherraider View Post
also
what about the USB joystick support? we had problems on the dos port but since its a windows port now isn't there a fix for it? and isn't there a way to stretch the start screen and the fmv?
Well, the game was written during a time where USB was still brand new. I don't think that's easily possible. Especially the in-game menu is very problematic. Hard-coded key codes with DOS to Windows remapping everywhere...

Edit: also, the Escape decoder uses 640x480, so it adds letterboxes to 16:9 videos, while GLRage adds pillarboxes to fit the virtual 640x480 screen on a widescreen display. That's why the videos are too small and that's not easy to fix either. I also tried to change the menu resolution, but that messes up the DirectDraw part of the wrapper.

Last edited by barracuda415; 20-05-16 at 18:46.
barracuda415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-16, 08:29   #26
punisherraider

[QUOTE=barracuda415;7583240]Are you sure you updated to GLRage r6?

sorry i just updated it now its not dark background any more . am using xpadder or joy to key to play with my USB controller but just was asking thank you barracuda sir of sir,s and all of the dear friends for your work. you really made me happy to play it on windows 7 with no problems bless you all

Last edited by punisherraider; 20-05-16 at 08:34.
Old 20-05-16, 12:37   #27
kacpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda415 View Post
It depends. If the title track is looping in all levels, you either have the incorrect soundtrack files in your music folder or the wrong configuration in your ini.

To sum it up for Unfinished Business again:
I was talking about the main game, not UB.
Old 20-05-16, 17:26   #28
Suikaze Raider

Smile

Thanks for your response barracuda415

Quote:
Looks like your graphics card doesn't clear the screen for some reason. Pretty odd...

But I changed the DirectDraw rendering code in r6, so it should be fixed there.
I tested it and now it works fine

Quote:
Don't delete unused tracks! The wrapper scans through all files to find out the number of total tracks. If one is missing, it will stop searching for more files, so the virtual CD contains the first three tracks only.
I see... I put an empty audio of four seconds as "Track05.flac" and now it works perfectly I only had the problem with the track 4, the rest of tracks worked correctly.

Quote:
Yeah, it's not really a compact solution, but it's required for Sardoc's edited levels with music. However, you can disable full_soundtrack in the patch config for UB, then you only need the tracks 2, 3 (59) and 4 (60).
It's a shame I wanted to have the Secret Chime with CD Quality too, but for a compact version is better do it as you said

Quote:
Oops, yes it should be "patches", not "patch". Will be fixed in r6.
Thanks for fix it

Best Regards
Suikaze Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-16, 14:57   #29
kacpy

Well, now that I finished playing I just wanted to take the time and say thank you, barracuda415. It's been a good while since I played the original (and not the TRLE "revised" version with poor original areas, no Pierre, etc). It was glorious and even the last secret didn't register. ;P

There's that issue of wrong tracks being played when the full soundtrack isn't selected but I just ripped my "french" game disc to flac, put it in the music directory and called it a day (I'm not sure if the ambience looped properly but maybe it didn't back in the day either). Personally I didn't care for the filtered textures so it was nice having the on/off option, too (again, not sure if it was in the original already).

Thank you so much again.

pc

Last edited by kacpy; 21-05-16 at 15:19.
Old 21-05-16, 15:38   #30
Suikaze Raider

Smile

Quote:
It was glorious and even the last secret didn't register. ;P
You can fix it with my TR1 Last Secret Fixer Open the file "level10c.phd" with my tool and patch it for fix this error

Quote:
There's that issue of wrong tracks being played when the full soundtrack isn't selected but I just ripped my "french" game disc to flac.
Feel free to use my TR1 & TR1Gold (ATI) Locale Pack for play these games with French texts

Best Regards
Suikaze Raider is offline   Reply With Quote