Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 23-01-19, 21:21   #2911
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
It's been a year and half, maybe 2 years, since I gave up on the WWE. I don't miss it at all especially since it's apparently on the same track it was then, and even getting worse! There's been a total lack of creative juice for so long now... and somewhere along the way they completely forgot how to create a compelling TV show. Ironically the more they keep saying "it's sports entertainment" the more the product has become less entertaining!
Raw is broken, 3 hours of crap that even after the promised "reset" still is bad.
There are a few good ideas and things that might turn out good, but you dont miss anything there.

Smackdown is certainly a good show, not perfect but it feels good and is enjoyable.

205 and NXT is where the wrestling fans go to see what the WWE could be.
There you see some fantastic stuff and the shows are not too long.

But it seems the WWE is in Trouble slowly with rumors of at least 20 unhappy workers.
There are rumors that the WWE is willing to pay the people twice as much as right now just to keep them from going to the AEW, even if they dont use them.

It will take years until the wwe really loses money and feels the current product, but there is a noticeable worry.

Recently a former writer came out and added fuel to what most wrestling fans long assumed.
They have to write and book the shows to please Vince Mcmahon and him alone.
Which is crazy when you think about it, they have millions of people in the crowd and tv...instead of doing what would please them, they focus on one guy who is completely out of touch.
Which is shown in the difference on how people see NXT, NXT UK and 205...opposite to WWE Raw which often sucks to the majority of fans.
NXT,NXT UK and 205 are done for the fans, raw is done for the boss of the company.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 22:06   #2912
TRhalloween

Maybe late in saying this but last years women's rumble was better. Like yeah this had a more story-involved ending but still. They could have put a few legends in there.
TRhalloween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-19, 23:15   #2913
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRhalloween View Post
Maybe late in saying this but last years women's rumble was better. Like yeah this had a more story-involved ending but still. They could have put a few legends in there.
I have to agree. Last year's also flowed better. This year, the first half was kind of boring and had a bunch of botches and awkward moments.

I'm also kind of confused why they continue to make Becky the underdog. She's beaten Charlotte like 10 times since September. She no longer gets a rub from defeating her.

I hope the match at Wrestlemania is going to be just Becky vs Ronda. There is NO need to add Charlotte as well to make it a triple threat. She has enough accolades under her belt for life. She could retire today and walk into the HoF tomorrow.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 08:57   #2914
Mani_Man

Quote:
This year was in general focused on the current people, which would have been far better if they wouldnt have wasted the last 4-5 years ruining every one of those in order to have Roman Reigns, Charlotte and Brock Lesnar look like the absolut in the WWE while sacrificing everybody else.

Thats what happens if you dont build up the people you have, you need to rely on Legends to make it all more exciting...if you dont have them then nothing feels as strong as it could be.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-19, 19:37   #2915
TRhalloween

I agree generally that they should focus on the new people, they went a bit overboard with McCool eliminating 5 people, but if there's a time for bringing back people from the past it's the Rumble, imo. I mean when you do the countdown 29 times there should be names for the crowd to erupt for.

Last edited by TRhalloween; 09-02-19 at 02:35.
Old 10-02-19, 19:55   #2916
Ms.LaraCroft

Quote:
Last years rumble was ten times better. I felt like everyone I like was gone just like that, no girls returned, it wasn't that fun in general AND Becky won.
Ms.LaraCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 10:31   #2917
tomee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
I hope the match at Wrestlemania is going to be just Becky vs Ronda. There is NO need to add Charlotte as well to make it a triple threat. She has enough accolades under her belt for life. She could retire today and walk into the HoF tomorrow.
Nevermind...
Old 16-02-19, 21:11   #2918
TRhalloween

I wouldn't mind Charlotte being in the match. 1 on 1 always means more for the women's division but I think she'll be a great addition, especially considering her feud with Lynch.
Old 16-02-19, 22:00   #2919
tomee

Quote:
I wouldn't mind Charlotte being in the match. 1 on 1 always means more for the women's division but I think she'll be a great addition, especially considering her feud with Lynch.
She was already added. Currently she's "replacing" Becky who Vince suspended, but I expect Becky to be added back soon.

Personally I think it's a disservice to fans AND Becky. This was her time to shine and possibly get a huge rub from Ronda, something she might never get a chance at again. Now it is almost 100% that either Becky pins Charlotte or the other way around, with Ronda getting protected, just so she can continue being undefeated. I'm really don't appreciate undefeated streaks, they always lead to ugly and predictable booking.

God, I hate the road to wrestlemania.
Old 08-04-19, 21:50   #2920
TRhalloween

I really liked the Kofi vs. Bryan match at Wrestlemania. I'm glad that Becky and Seth won, especially Becky.

I'm happy that The IIconics are champions. I'd love if they were confronted by Laycool and the latter had a super short reign. Same with the Bellas, I wasn't in love with them but it would be a good send-off, since they were together for the most part. Even if the twins didn't win, it would be a good defense for The IIconics.

I wanted to state the positives because I thought it was quite an average Mania.