www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 31-03-14, 18:01   #51
Sarah7777
Archaeologist

Sorry for double post....
I found Tomb Raider Underworld E3-Underwater Action Gameplay and really different everywhere:

-Different Camera when try to unlock the puzzle door.
-Different Kraken's Room and unused left side to climb pole and adrenaline situation.

Last edited by Sarah7777; 31-03-14 at 18:07.
Sarah7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-19, 08:32   #52
Ruu11
Explorer

So sorry for pumpin' this thread out of its grave. TRU Beta is so interesting, it would be great to explore this game much more

Been thinking on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7777 View Post
-Thailand was night but change to day,Mexico was day but change to night.
-Croft Manor was day but change to night

You can look on Gameplay Trailer:
All those day/night changes... Didn't someone said on an early interview that the game was supossed to have timelipse (don't know the word to explain this) I mean that the time during any level was supossed to be passing through??? That would explain all those time-changes...

Also, did Gh0stBlade found out how to enable DLC outfits on PC or something else?
Old 29-05-19, 21:04   #53
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

^ He did start, but I think he eventually gave up on it. IIRC shaders were proving to be too much of a hassle or something. Not that I blame him, making this kind of stuff by yourself is a huge undertaking and there wasn't too much interest in it an way by other people, makes sense he lost interest as well.
Old 07-06-19, 11:20   #54
Heisenberg
Explorer

God, Keeley Hawes was exceptional. Her voice suited LAU Lara so very well.
Old 07-06-19, 14:41   #55
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
God, Keeley Hawes was exceptional. Her voice suited LAU Lara so very well.
I'll second that.
Old 07-06-19, 17:49   #56
Matie
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
All those day/night changes... Didn't someone said on an early interview that the game was supossed to have timelipse (don't know the word to explain this) I mean that the time during any level was supossed to be passing through??? That would explain all those time-changes...
I'm not sure about the day/night cycle, I don't think I saw it mentioned anywhere, but I dug up an old article from February 2008 and it goes on a bit about a weather system, and more.

Apparently, the weather was going to be random/changeable, with fog on higher grounds, winds affecting the environment, bringing rain clouds with thunder. All this would have affected the gameplay as well, on certain areas the ground would get less solid due to showers, allowing you to access new areas, for example. The article compares the environments to those in Half-Life 2, where everything from the smallest rock to mountainsides can be manipulated or "used" in a way.

Also, when globe-trotting is mentioned, it also says the locations we were going to visit would include Italy and the Vatican, Australia and the Easter Island... and it mentions a new Croft Manor as a training area.

I remember reading all this before the game came out, I was really excited to see all of this, but none of the above became reality. It sounds so wild compared to what we got, it makes me think the writer of the article was imagining things, even though I'm sure they got all this information from official sources (they're introducing Crystal Dynamics as a British company though? ) There's also a "completion meter" at the end of the article, which at the time was at 60% (I guess it's a very rough estimate).

Last edited by Matie; 07-06-19 at 17:59.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 02:05   #57
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

I honestly didn't see any day/night changes to the scenery in that trailer. The clip of Thailand at "night" just looks like it has a black and white filter over it, the sun is still shining and causing shadows on the statues in the same way it does during the day.
Old 10-06-19, 18:34   #58
Ruu11
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matie View Post
Also, when globe-trotting is mentioned, it also says the locations we were going to visit would include Italy and the Vatican, Australia and the Easter Island... and it mentions a new Croft Manor as a training area.

I remember reading all this before the game came out, I was really excited to see all of this, but none of the above became reality. It sounds so wild compared to what we got, it makes me think the writer of the article was imagining things, even though I'm sure they got all this information from official sources (they're introducing Crystal Dynamics as a British company though? ) There's also a "completion meter" at the end of the article, which at the time was at 60% (I guess it's a very rough estimate).
That's interesting. Never heard of it
TRU had lots of great ideas... This game desevered better
Old 11-07-19, 20:57   #59
AimlessThunder
Professor

I'm still waiting for a remaster on current /next gen consoles.
Old 12-07-19, 12:29   #60
CheshireBitch
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matie View Post

maybe the "underground croft manor" level was taking place in vatican when they started thinking about this part ?
CheshireBitch is offline   Reply With Quote